TCG Fakes Zygarde's Image-Based Cards - Happy Birthday card!

RE: Zygarde: Taking 5 requests

Unless taking the other request, I'm going to ask for an ex era Malamar (delta or not, think it'd look cool).

RE: Zygarde: Taking 5 Requests

I know it's been 6 months already, but I still need to get onto these requests. If Reggie is OK with it, I've made something else instead of his original Regigigas request, but I think he'll like it either way..

Meanwhile, thanks to Blui and his pretty evolution bar I was able to make Welkin finally start happening!

21coacutepia_zps6e49b487.png
41coacutepia_zps3dba59a2.png
55coacutepia_zps17390568.png

I intend to update the first post soon with all the Welkin related information, but here's what you need to know right now:
For each rarity, the set symbol will have a different color (Red=Common, Green=Uncommon, Blue=Holo Rare, Silver: Ultra Rare)
Also, I picked the old set numbering system, based on rarity, for Welkin. I find it easier to look for the most useful cards that way.

Anyways, hope you like these. Criticism is very welcome!

Testing Shiny Pokémon on Welkin blanks. Also my first experience with 3D models!

srzangoose%20coacutepia_zpsog14sqv1.png

That looks so cool! :D I especially love the texture you used for the Shiny Zangoose; the lines are very reminiscent of the textures on FA cards, but with kind of a 3D look.

Thanks! BW era shinies also use kind of a texture, but not quite this. I made it using this tutorial by Nekoban Ryo:

easy_full_art_pokemon_texture_tutorial_for_gimp_by_karite_kita_neko-d61um1p.png

Oh, cool, thanks for sharing that! I'll probably play around with that a bit when I make FA cards of my own. :D

12%20coacutepia_zpssjakhrny.png

A mix of expedition Pidgeot with the Holon Phantoms one. Maybe the Mega version will also bring back a past Pidgeot card? One that was seriously OP...

Should Aerial Shift read the following (as seen on Superior Energy Retrieval)?

You may discard an Energy attached to Pidgeot. If you do, search your discard pile for an Energy card and attach it to 1 of your Pokemon. (You can't choose a card you discarded with the effect of this attack.)

Actually, for Pokémon cards I think the right wording would be:

You may discard an Energy card attached to Pidgeot. If you do, search your discard pile for an Energy card (excluding the one you discarded) and attach it to 1 of your Pokémon.

I used Legends Awakened Registeel as basis. Even if not quite right, I'll update it to this wording cause it's shorter than the Superior Energy Retrieval one. Thanks for helping though!

I'm currently working on the Trainer card blanks for Welkin. Here's a sneak peak:

sneakpeak%20coacutepia_zpsu12cidar.png

I am guessing this set you're making is meant to stand on its own, outside the current card selection, but assuming it's not (or will follow some similarities to existing cards), I wanted to ask about the Altaria - it seems like it would not be able to use its attack if a double dragon energy was attached? Likewise if something like to Gengar EX (I think it resists fighting) had a mystery energy, it would not help toward its attack costs? For flying (colorless) types, which usually resist fighting, the only current-game special energy is double colorless. I am curious what the idea is behind its Pokebody and what strategy/use it has. Maybe benefits for cards you are planning?

The idea is that it will be a base set, disregarding current cards. In Welkin, only Flying Pokémon have [F] Resistance. Ghost Pokémon instead get [C] Resistance, much like in the DP era.

Current era Special Energy cards usually can't be attached to Pokémon that are not of its type (like Double Dragon Energy and Mystery Energy). What I had in mind were older Special Energy cards, like the old Metal and Darkness energies. You can attach them to any Pokémon, but only same type mons get the benefit.

Thanks for commenting! Please keep doing so. :D

If by RS you meant FRLG, you're on to something.. ;)

---

First few Supporter cards released!
68%20coacutepia_zps8lwzuxol.png
70%20coacutepia_zpsxoxicpj1.png
71%20coacutepia_zpskmsbktua.png
Elm is Professor Oak's Research/weaker PONT, Oak is a Juniper/Sycamore just a tad nerfed and Winona's Breeze was nice in my mind but I'm not sure if it's balanced. Enjoy!

First Stadium card revealed!

64%20coacutepia_zpsqxiprwcp.png
Thins out your deck and might come in handy for certain combos.

Last edited:
Staple Items:

59%20coacutepia_zpsfs3c72va.png
60%20coacutepia_zpsuay1n4da.png
61%20coacutepia_zpskmrxebxv.png
62%20coacutepia_zpszia2puau.png

Energy Switch and Switch are the same cards we know and love. Poké Ball has been changed to search for Basics without the need of a coin flip, though by discarding your top card you're still kinda gambling. Revive is now a Pokémon Rescue reprint.

Back