TCG Fakes Zygarde's Image-Based Cards - Happy Birthday card!

RE: Zygarde: Zygarde

aschefield101 said:
I'm not 100% sure, but Equilibrium should be the 2nd attack due to its damage cost being higher, shouldn't it? (If going by nintendo's general layouts that is)

As for their content and wether they'll be OP etc, I've no idea there sorry. I just make cards look pretty :D

Regigigas EX from Next Destinies is the only exception of this format.

99-regigigas-ex.jpg

Overall card quality and design is fantastic and I do like the fact that you decided to implement a stage for the Legendary Pokemon, quite an interesting way to change things around within your new cards.

Love that Zygarde - the way each attack features a type from either Xerneas or Yveltal is a nice touch (and the effects of the attacks are very creative). The artwork choice is great, too. :D

Thanks for all the compliments The feedback was so positive that now I feel more confident about the Legend mechanic! :)

aschefield101 said:
I'm not 100% sure, but Equilibrium should be the 2nd attack due to its damage cost being higher, shouldn't it? (If going by nintendo's general layouts that is)

Yes, you are absolutely right. Thanks for spotting it!

- - -

So time has come for me to ask another competitive question:

Which existing Supporter cards would help to create a consistent game engine, leaving more room in your deck for personal adjustments?

RE: Zygarde: Zygarde; TCG players input needed!

I've never played competitively and I haven't played at all in years, but that Zygarde card is gorgeous! Everything about it...

Reggie McGigas said:
aschefield101 said:

As for their content and wether they'll be OP etc, I've no idea there sorry. I just make cards look pretty :D

Regigigas EX from Next Destinies is the only exception of this format.

99-regigigas-ex.jpg

This isn't really an exception. Ashe was referring to when attacks on a card require the same number of Energy, the attack that does the most base damage is listed first. The attacks on Regigigas EX require a different amount of Energy, so the one with a lower cost goes first, regardless of damage.

RE: Zygarde: Zygarde; TCG players input needed!

Hello there. I'm finally going to start my TCG reboot. Feel free to critique whatever you want on my cards.

But first, a big shot out for my buddy Nekoban Ryo who made Welkin's gorgeous set symbol! Thanks for the symbol and all the inspiration bro.

Things you should know about Welkin:

1. Artistic/Flavor aspects:

Theme: Welking, as you can figure out by its name, has sky as its theme, so we have lots of birds and other Flying Pokémon.

Wording: For this reboot, I'm going to use BW/XY wording style but Pokémon cards reference themselves like they did pre-BW. Example: 'Reveal 1 Energy card from your hand and attach it to [Pokémonname]' instead of '... attach it to this Pokémon.'

Holographic cards: Since most people (including card fakers in general) prefer holo rares to regular rares, all rare cards are going to be holo. There won't be any Full Arts, btw.

Rarity icons: I'll be doing something different regarding rarity icons. Instead of circles, diamonds and stars, rarity will be displayed by differences on set symbol.
  • Common - will be represented by the set symbol lacking the white part;
  • Uncommon - represented by regular set symbol;
  • Rare - Set symbol will be gold;
  • Ultra rare - Set symbol will be holo and color may vary.
Took this idea from MTG

Old set numbering system: First by rarity then alphabetically.

2. Competitive aspects and new mechanics:

Bodies and Powers are back!

Power creep: I'l be targeting mid ex to early DP era power. Help me with that people;

Legends: In the 5th generation, Nintendo started printing ridiculously powerful cards named EX using as excuse that Legendary Pokémon would finally be special and powerful like their counterparts in the games... We all know how that ended.
Instead, I made legendary Pokémon a separate category known as Legendary Pokémon. Clever name isn't it? In due time, you'll see what I plan for Legendary Pokémon be able to do.

Megas: Mega Pokémon will behave similar to Pokémon Lv X from the DPt days, but with few twists.

Color biases: As I wrote some time ago, Pokémon will be biased towards a kind of strategy depending on its type (color). List of all biases:
  • Grass - Biased towards healing and using Special Conditions;
  • Fire - Sacrifice resources (mainly Energies) to deal high damage;
  • Water - Especialize in Bench hitting and indirect damage;
  • Lightning - Deal damage to your own Pokémon to deal high damage;
  • Fighting - The more Energy attached, the stronger!;
  • Psychic - Control and manipulation;
  • Dark - Disruption and annoyance (lol);
  • Metal - Millin' and chillin';
  • Dragon - Energy acceleration;
Pokémon aren't restricted to their type caracteristics however.

No Fairy type: yet.

---​

Behold now, the first revealed card from Welkin! Delibird!

23coacutepia_zpse042ce60.png

Yay for consistency!

And since no one comment on updates without shiny pwetty cards, have a Raikou Promo!

raikoucoacutepia_zps59e19c80.png

Please competitive players, feedback! :(

RE: Zygarde: WELKIN

Those both look great! Especially love the Raikou. You could probably get away with having its attack do 10 more base damage, though.
The Delibird ability is interesting. I like it. You should note that Delibird is not a penguin, though.

Nice cards! I especially like the Delibird. The texture looks really nice on the card. I'm not too sure what's going on with Raikou's colors, though.

It seems like I mentioned this before, but I feel that the borders are a little too greenish. Try changing the hue to better-match the illustration frame.

Also "retreat cost" looks a little off. Instead of using x, try using ×.

@Bidoof: Delibird is actually partially inspired by penguins, specifically rockhopper penguins. However, its colorization and behavior come from Santa Claus and it can somehow fly... Christmas magic, I guess.

WHYDIDINOTNOTICETHIS ;w;
Great!
The only thing is, Delibird should be revealed when you use its power, as otherwise you could be bluffing.
Oh, and Raikou could get off with around 40-50 Base :p

RE: Zygarde: When Delta and Zygarde team up...

A litte thing I made after Delta and I joined forces to make an entry for this month's CaC

deltazygarde_zpse94d096b.png

RE: Zygarde: When Delta and Zygarde team up...

That is too cool for school but you should've made it OP because that's what our combination is. ;o

RE: Zygarde: Taking 5 requests

I'll be taking 5 requests.

Please, specify what Pokémon you want and wich blanks I should use. You may also make spoilers of your own, and choose your own artwork, as long as you have permission to use it.

Ratatta, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Bidoof, and Patrat

I'd like to see you try an ex era delta species Regigigas. Perhaps an attack and ability involving the other regis should be involved :>

I'm gonna ask for a HG/SS Nidoking!

Ok, Reggie, Delta and SC, all your requests are belong to us. I'll probably have them ready until Friday.

Back