XY Your Shiny Hunts

So, finished out my shiny hunt, no more hatched, but I clocked out at 1862 eggs. In which time, I hatched a grand total of 5 Shiny Feebas. (Two male, three female) And here they all are:

Siren
b29e4908-7325-431d-9894-93694082ff81.jpg

Maelstrom
a74cf690-7b5b-45f1-9a2d-500c0d2fcd35.jpg

Tempest
b6cca00a-0c39-47f7-b4ad-b35fbed587fe.jpg

Vortex
06645c8b-3607-4dd4-b0f6-b6fba50e1072.jpg

Sapphire
b815484b-37c9-449c-a9d7-a1047ad8d443.jpg

And then while I was Wonder-Trading my leftover Feebas, I got this:
56677287-e30f-4f1c-8fa4-4a329b03b26f.jpg

So, given my recent string of luck, I'm attempting a dual shiny hunt; one to reclaim the Gligar I accidentally knocked out earlier, and the other for a Lapras because it's one of my favorites.

Shiny Driftblim! Caught it in the friend safari, and it has a modest nature.

If it counts, I also got a Shiny Charmeleon in my Silver Randomizer.

Reggie McGigas said:
If it counts, I also got a Shiny Charmeleon in my Silver Randomizer.

A shiny is a shiny, no matter what ;)

I've managed to find a 2nd shiny Snubbull (looking for Clefairy), a shiny Aipom (Reclaim, and looking for Chansey) and a shiny Maractus (looking for Sunkern) all in safaris, and I've started soft resetting for a shiny fossil and I'm currently at 1200 Pokemon seen, 150 at a time :)

I finally hatched a shiny Tyrunt after about 300 eggs. I am so HAPPY!! My next target is a shiny Larvitar. I hope I can get it soon~

Hatched my first shiny in weeks last night right as I was going to bed! :p
It's a Jolly, 3IV Kangaskhan! It hatched after only 618 eggs, but it felt like two-thousand since I hatched only twenty or thirty eggs a day. But looking foward to trolling single rating battles with my new shiny Mega Kangaskhan! :D

Debating on which shiny to breed for next... Trapinch, Aron, Minccinno, Tyrunt. Any suggestions?

Reggie McGigas said:
I would go with Aron, but Charmander is also a cool shiny to get too.

Very true, but I have already bred myself an awesome yellow Charmander! :D

Galaxy Hunter said:
I'd go for Trapinch, but that's only because I love how shiny Flygon looks.

Me too! But I might wait to breed for one until Mega Flygon is revealed! ;) (Crosses fingers)
I'll choose in a day or two, a blue Tyrunt is looking really tempting right now... :p

Just gave MMing a go for the first time looking for a shiny Taillow, took quite a while but on the 1006th egg I got what I was after, really happy that I can now get a shiny of my favourite Pokemon when I evolve it. :D

Previously I'd been doing a bit of consecutive fishing to look for shinies, which is far faster but it can get frustrating. Of the 15 shinies I got from the run I went on recently I ended up with 3 Qwilfish, 4 Poliwhirl, 2 Goldeen and 2 Octillery. I suppose I ought to be happy to get a shiny at all but it got kinda annoying in the end.

Prince Dedenne said:
Hatched my first shiny in weeks last night right as I was going to bed! :p
It's a Jolly, 3IV Kangaskhan! It hatched after only 618 eggs, but it felt like two-thousand since I hatched only twenty or thirty eggs a day. But looking foward to trolling single rating battles with my new shiny Mega Kangaskhan! :D

Debating on which shiny to breed for next... Trapinch, Aron, Minccinno, Tyrunt. Any suggestions?

I say Aron because the steps are a bit longer than Tyrunt's and the mega looks really boss. I like to do the longer steps first to get them out of the way. But since it's only 1,000 steps more it might not make much of a difference.

Working on hatching Shiny Tyrunt. Not doing any specific IV's or anything, just looking to end up with a nice Shiny Tyrantrum.

So today, I had nothing to do. I had always heard of people catching shinies and using all the different methods. From what I knew, chain fishing was the easiest (being a beginner I thought I'd do the easiest method). So I went ahead and did A LOT of reserch (what breaks your chain and such). And I found an easy route (a route where only one pokemon would show up) and decided to try for a poliwag
Around the 17th try I caught my very first legitamite and chained shiny! I was astounded when I saw the shiny Poliwag and it was extremely exciting

I then decided to step up my game, and tried some other routes with the super rod, where multiple Pokemon show up, and found around the 45th-ish try a shiny seaking!!
And then I got a shiny relicanth around my 70+ try!!

I hope to find more shinies tomorrow, and I'll try and get some cool ones!

After coming back from London I decided to release all Pokemon in boxes in Pokebank and non-shinies in my game, and start over. So I've decided to hunt for Inkay in Azure Bay, and I have so far found Exeggcute and Chatot (on 1 day!) and also tried to hunt for Furfrou on route 5, but found a shiny Scraggy in a horde, which was kind off a bummer, but still :D

*Edit* 3rd shiny of the day: Slowpoke, also in Azure Bay :D

*Edit 2* Found another shiny Slowpoke :D

*Edit 3+4* Moved to route 8, and found myself a shiny Absol, again 2 in 1 day :D Now 3 in 1 day! Shiny Spoink! :D

Day 3: Managed to find shiny Mienfoo and shiny Zangoose, in less than 2 hours (Route 8) :D
*Update* Shiny Bagon :D 3 shinies a say :D

Just hatched a shiny Lapras! She's beautiful, modest nature, water absorb ability... and has IV's of 31 in everything except Special Defense, which is a whopping zero. Ah well, it was worth it.

[split] Your very first shiny? What did you think, and how did you react?

Oddly enough, my first shiny was one of my favorite pokemon. I found my shiny Trevenant whilst level crunching in the winding woods.

I check all my shinies pre-gen 5 since I don't care about them being Kalos-born. I guess if I play vgc I'll have to, but breeding a 5IV one is exceedingly easy.

I masuda my gen 6 shinies. So far, I've hatched Hawlucha, Clauncher, Tyrunt, Fennekin, and Pumpkaboo. Working on Litleo right now, but this might be my last breed since gen 6 is pretty lacking in cool-looking shinies.

ferroseed.gif
was legit. I literally wasn't paying attention in that cave and than next thing I know I'm to drop my 3DS.
mew.gif
darkrai.gif
shaymin.gif
/
shaymin-sky.gif
lugia.gif
<All shiny legendaries came from a friend.
dialga.gif
<Dialga Event, Black and Black 2.
Sorry if this is off topic of "You Shiny Hunts" XP

Back