XY Your Shiny Hunts

steffenka said:
Yass! Got a shiny Starly after 496 eggs :D Soo happy! Named it Cornflower, after the blue part on shiny Staraptor :D
And btw shiny Starly is sooo brown, it's unbelievable! :3

How's you Scatterbug hunt going Reggie? :)

10 boxes ( 300 pokemon o_O) - nothing.

I've saved up 2 and a half boxes of eggs (trying to save till 3, maybe 4 depending how patient I am) and I'm going to hatch them all (and hopefully finally get my shiny)

Right now it's day 3 of the hunt. I've probably put 16-20 hours into this, as I had two whole days without interruption for this (plus today which I had stuff to do)
I'm hatching 100 eggs at once. I've hatched 11 so far to no prevail.

Prediction- If I get a shiny, it will come at egg 79.

Wait what? Dude! You're not even at 600 yet! The calculated new odds for MM is 1/693. With shiny charm (we don't 100% know if this is confirmed to work or help but statistics are looking like it does) it supposedly is 1 in 400 ish.

But I've gone double and nearly triple the odds before I finally found a shiny once, At least you're not shiny saffichu on Youtube finding 5 shiny Wingulls after 4300+ horde encounters.

Edit: I said predicted last time. I meant calculated. :x

MrSquarepants said:
Wait what? Dude! You're not even at 600 yet! The calculated new odds for MM is 1/693. With shiny charm (we don't 100% know if this is confirmed to work or help but statistics are looking like it does) it supposedly is 1 in 400 ish.

But I've gone double and nearly triple the odds before I finally found a shiny once, At least you're not shiny saffichu on Youtube finding 5 shiny Wingulls after 4300+ horde encounters.

I have to get to 600?

Jddndiedess
Smosjdodoekdoepeekep

In any news, I'm almost to 400. 12 boxes and nothing,

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I saved up almost 3 and a half boxes of eggs and not a single one of them was shiny. I've suppressed 400 eggs now, I'm on around 420 eggs now. If I can't get a shiny by 600 eggs, I'm going to give up the hunt permanently, not going to waste time on something that won't happen :)

In totally unrelated news, I have 180 spare scatterbugs that haven't been released, if anyone wants them, take them.

Reggie McGigas said:
MrSquarepants said:

I have to get to 600?

Jddndiedess
Smosjdodoekdoepeekep

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I saved up almost 3 and a half boxes of eggs and not a single one of them was shiny. I've suppressed 400 eggs now, I'm on around 420 eggs now. If I can't get a shiny by 600 eggs, I'm going to give up the hunt permanently, not going to waste time on something that won't happen :)

In totally unrelated news, I have 180 spare scatterbugs that haven't been released, if anyone wants them, take them.

Don't be discouraged; my shiny Larvesta hunt clocked out at 1224 duds before a shiny at 1225! If you get discouraged, just think of a) how awesome that shiny will be and b) that you've done all this work already, so why give up with no result? The RNG wants you to give up, to laugh at you! Beat that stupid machine into the ground with sheer stubbornness, and force it to cough up a shiny Scatterbug!

*Cough*

Sorry, I go a little overboard when ranting at the software sometimes (for God's sake, give me a shiny Latios already you stupid machine!) but seriously, keep at it until you succeed, or all you'll get is wasted time, and a ton of Scatterbug that you have to get rid of.

Galaxy Hunter said:
Reggie McGigas said:
I have to get to 600?

Jddndiedess
Smosjdodoekdoepeekep

Don't be discouraged; my shiny Larvesta hunt clocked out at 1224 duds before a shiny at 1225! If you get discouraged, just think of a) how awesome that shiny will be and b) that you've done all this work already, so why give up with no result? The RNG wants you to give up, to laugh at you! Beat that stupid machine into the ground with sheer stubbornness, and force it to cough up a shiny Scatterbug!

*Cough*

Sorry, I go a little overboard when ranting at the software sometimes (for God's sake, give me a shiny Latios already you stupid machine!) but seriously, keep at it until you succeed, or all you'll get is wasted time, and a ton of Scatterbug that you have to get rid of.

Oh, all right. I guess I'll keep at it. After 1000 or so eggs I think I'll start making offers for shiny scatterbug on the wifi thread here, though. I don't want the hunt to take so long where I'll be too bored to continue.

It's your second time attempting this after giving up on the first one right? It's really discouraging at first, but when it finally happens, you'll feel damn good about it. Although if a shiny every exceeds 3x the odds (meaning if I hatch 2000+ eggs and still no shiny) , I eventually don't even bother. It's just too much time and effort for a different colored Pokemon. ...sometimes I will keep going thinking to myself "well I've come this far... I might as well keep going..."

I do hope you'll continue till you get it though as I really would like to see this pay off.

Was trying for a Shiny Clamperl on Route 12 when this showed up at around 40 reel-ins. I am still happy though as I've always wanted a Shiny Octillery. Good luck on your hunts!
Bq9TZW_CYAANUz1.jpg:large

This month, I've been pretty addicted to shiny breeding. My first hunt was for a shiny Litleo, with the end result being a 2 IV female after 700+ eggs. My second was far more successful! Only a few hours into hatching Espurr, a 4IV shiny female popped out after 50 eggs! My third hunt was for a shiny bold Carbink, which I eventually hatched after 468 eggs! And my most previous was a shiny competitive 5IV Hawlucha! But it was my longest masuda hunt to date, taking 955 eggs! And now I'm breeding for a competitive shiny Ralts so that I can have a shiny Mega Gardevoir!

My GTS hunting has been successful aswell! I found a Kalos native shiny male Ralts that was a masuda bred reject. I found a shiny Snover from the Friend Safari! And yesterday, a shiny Audino from the Friend Safari! Sometimes, it actually pays off to take thirty minutes a day and search for random Pokémon! :D

I ran into another shiny Remoraid...this one has a Rash Nature and 2 perfect IVs while having a very decent 27 HP IV. I caught it in front of the Tower of Mastery in Shalour City. It is now a Octillery and yes I EV'd it just for the hell of it. Now I shall go forth in the world with my army of Water-type shinies. :p

MrSquarepants said:

May I ask how you got that number?

There was someone that said they found the new masuda method odds to be 400 - 1,000, and found it from various sources. I'd like to know from where. If you can't say it here, pm me.

About 150 in for my shiny Trapinch.

Whoops I said 693. That was the amount of eggs it took for my shiny Flabebe to appear.

The actual number is around 682.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/68377412

It's not 100% confirmed but...

If the odds 1/8192 are cut in half... that means it the odds are 1/4096
Now the old masuda method odds were 1/2048 in Gen 4. However in Gen 5 they increased it even further to 1/1365.
If we were to assume that this is also cut in half we get 682.5.

Now the shiny charm multiples our luck by 3. Which makes it 1/1365. If the charm affected the Masuda Method. It'd be around 455. This was from spending time at work looking at Smogon and GameFAQs forums.

I've hatched around 655 eggs. Nothing. Sorrry guys, but this hunt was turning into a chore and I thought "why bother?"

Which Pokémon should I attempt next? Preferably a Pokémon found in the friend safari as MM and Chaining are impossible for me.

EDIT: I just realized that I haven't managed to find a shiny for around two, maybe 3 months :(

Shortly after making my previous post yesterday, I hatched my shiny Ralts! And guess what, it's parents managed to pass on all 5 of their perfect IVs to it! I've bred competitive shinies many times prior, but this Ralts is my very first purely competitive shiny! I'll add a picture of it in a while. I can't wait to have a shiny Mega Gardevoir!

I've now started to masuda breed for a Jolly, 4/5IV Kangaskhan. Hoping that this will be a short hunt aswell!

Over the last two days, I've been spamming hordes to get a shiny Hoppip. 30 hordes and no shiny Hoppip.

However, I got a shiny Gulpin in about 15 hordes.

Yesterday I found a shiny Vanillite in a horde while EV training my Eevee. It appears in only 20-25 hordes, that's my second pokemon found in a horde. The first was a Weepinbell.
I've made so many hordes encounter for finding a shiny, and nothing. When I'm not looking for them, I find two. o_O

Edit : Just find a shiny Scraggy while EV training again.

lol.

I check the GTS out of boredom, and I find a shiny scatterbug up for trade for a latios. I accept, thinking it's already taken.

It's not.

So, I guess I got my Shiny Scatterbug after all. gg, world.

Found a shiny Noibat after around 400 REs in friend safari. Totally caught me off guard. It has a modest nature :D

First Reaction:
kermit-freak-out-gif-841.gif

When I saw it had Modest, and 2 perfect IVs in SP.Def and Speed:
FYq7M.gif%20

Back