XY Your Shiny Hunts

Discussion in 'Pokémon Video Games' started by steffenka, Feb 1, 2014.

1. raichulover11 Levy-chan
    raichulover11

It does, to about the same as masuda w/ shiny charm.
    (It's about 1/512)

ilovecommas likes this.

2. ilovecommas Cute Trainer
    ilovecommas

Over 500 Pachirisu eggs and STILL no shiny!!!!! I've taken a break the past few days but am going to get back to hatching I guess.

Anyone else had any luck lately? Do you prefer chaining, friend safari's or hatching?

3. Galaxy Hunter Shiny Mega Quest!
    Galaxy Hunter

Finally, after about 3000 eggs I'm guessing, I got not one, but two Shiny Absol!

Cataclysm (male) and Pandora (female) are shiny, HA Absol. Cataclysm is a Naive Mixed Attacker build, while Pandora hatched shortly after the main hunt, when I decided that while I was at it I should try for a straight physical attacker regular Absol build, and thus she's got a Jolly nature. Both are in Dream Balls and have the Egg Moves Play Rough, Sucker Punch, Perish Song, and Baton Pass. This was, without a doubt, my longest hunt ever. Worth it? Yeah, but I sincerely hope that I never have to go through this again.

ilovecommas and scattered mind like this.
  4. Galaxy Hunter Shiny Mega Quest!
    Galaxy Hunter

And as if to offset the incredible bad luck from my shiny Absol hunt, my shiny Latias SR hunt on Omega Ruby began and ended within a few hours! Shiny Latias, hence nicknamed Arael, has been caught! She's timid, got an IV of 31 in Defense based on her blurb, and arrived amazingly fast! I think the Eon Duo likes me, because my shiny Latios hunt on Alpha Sapphire went by really fast too. Anyways, I now have the complete shiny Eon Duo, and since Latias is my favorite legendary, I'm jumping for joy here!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

scattered mind and ilovecommas like this.
  5. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

I just had one of my fastest hunts ever! Shiny Magnemite after 6 horde encounters! :D

I've also started a MM in my X to get a shiny Seedot, 150 eggs, no shiny yet :)

Edit: Just found a shiny Doduo after ~15 horde encounters! :D

Edit 2: Shiny Zigzagoon in Oddish horde after ~30 encounters! I'm on a roll :D

Edit 3: Shiny Swably after about 25 horde encounters, I feel so lucky right now :D

Edit 4: After a long nights sleep, I managed to get a shiny Grimer after ~250 hordes :3

scattered mind and ilovecommas like this.
  6. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

So in order to make the shiny hunt breeding thing more interesting for me I started to do a little "competition" : Roselia vs Mareep.
    Each Pokemon was put in the daycare with my spanish Ditto and bred 300 eggs. After a long hatching process there were left only 20 eggs and I was thinking there will be no winner when a purple sheep suddenly appeard! Shiny Mareep 5iv perfect ex speed. Next matchup - Roselia vs Porygon :]

Reshiwott likes this.
  7. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

So recently I've been into shiny hunting again and I've gotten the following shiny Pokemon:

A Gulpin after 141 chain encounters
    An Illumise after ~250 chain encounters while trying to get a Deerling
    An Elgyem after 36 chain encounters
    A Deerling after 53 chain encounters
    And a Zigzagoon after 55 hordes while trying to get a Poochyena

I think I can take a short break from shiny hunting for now, because I'm pleased with what I've gotten :D

8. Pangoro#1999 Fear the bear
    Pangoro#1999

I have been hunting burmy via the repel method. That resulted in a shiny dunsparce. On to phase 2.

9. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

I just managed to get myself a shiny Skiddo after a chain of 28 on the PokeRadar :D
    Continuing the chain just to see if I can get another one :)

Edit: It broke after 33 chains, because of some random Abra .-.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  10. Galaxy Hunter Shiny Mega Quest!
    Galaxy Hunter

Trying for a HA Starly female. So far hatched a non-HA shiny after a few boxes of eggs, thinking about trying TSV checking to boost my chances.

11. thegrovylekid Makes fake cards
    thegrovylekid

I shiny hunted in the friend safari and Got a Shiny Tranquill after ~15 minutes of searching.

12. Raizen Aspiring Trainer
    Raizen

I've gotten several shinies since I started playing AlphaSapphire. Here is a list of them:
    • Ditto (I met in a mirage cave)
    • Shuppet (obtained from Wonder Trade)
    • Ditto (I met in a mirage cave. Yes, again!)
    • Lugia (obtained from GTS, from Johto region)
    • Togekiss (GTS, I wasn't aware it was shiny when I traded for it!)
    • Giratina (GTS, French)
    • Accelgor (GTS)
    • Drifblim (GTS, German)
    • Heatran (captured myself after obtaining Shiny charm. Calm nature, EV trained)
    • Charmander (hatched myself, Adamant nature, 3IV, has Outrage and Dragon Dance)
    • Arceus (GTS, obviously hacked, is missing a special ribbon)
    The ones obtained on GTS were likely hacked or cloned, but in many cases, that's not known.

13. yammark Aspiring Trainer
    yammark

I hunted for Shiny Ducklett,Cryogonal,Amaura . Unfortunately after 1000+ eegs (Ducklett about 250 eeg , Cryogonal 250 eeg, and Amaura 300 eeg and other pokemon for perfect IV about 200 eegs ). It don't even hatching into just 1 shiny . Yeah , now I'm give up . Bye Bye Shiny hunt .

I'll maybe try to find some shiny next time if i really want to ... but not now . :confused:

14. thegrovylekid Makes fake cards
    thegrovylekid

While I don't actively shiny hunt when I breed, I do turn to wonder trade to "move" my breedjects. What day is it today? Wednesday.

What have I got today?
    Shiny Sandile
    Shiny Seviper
    Shiny Ursaring

This is a pseudo shiny-hunt, I guess :p

15. Mitja veteran smartass
    Mitja

Resetting for Raikou 4 days so far.

Encountered the first one yesterday, it was terrible (Gentle and not even then 31 speed or sp.atk), so I continued resetting.

Actually encountered the second one only 7 hours later. It was timid this time, 4-31-31-17-2-31.... for some reason decided I wouldn't be satisfied with that and am still resetting.

Considering I've spent absurd amounts on resetting for competitive legends (almost all now from both OR and AS, with good nature, all 31 in most improtant stats and no other stat below 23, and several of them with HP Ice), and a long time for a 28-31-30-31-31-31 HP Ice Virizion... with the ONLY shiny encounter in all that time being a Lax shiny Giratina... it was probably extremely stupid to reset that shiny Raikou ^^"

if I ever see another one, there is 74% chance it'll be worse than the second one.

UPDATE:
    according to activity log, I've been resetting Raikou for more than 60 hours now. Third shiny didn't show up yet xD

UPDATE:

Now encountered #3 and #4, within 20 resets of each other after ~4000 resets of nothing LOL.

#3 was quiet e___e

#4 was timid alright, but shitty speed and shitty sp.atk IVs, meaning #2 was better than this.

UPDATE:

120 hours in...
    #5 timid 0-31-21-27-31-31

still not satisfied. im crazy i know xD
    if it didnt have either of the following 3 things that annoy me I would have kept it:
    -a glaring 0 IV
    -wasted perfect stat in atk
    -not perfect sp.atk

UPDATE:
    still continuing my crazy shiny hunt.

I'm at ~180 hours, which is about 18k Raikous

I've met #6,7,8, only #7 was timid, but terrible, the other two I didn't even bother wasting more than 2 minutes checking their stats, that's how disapointing they looked.

Those were all a while ago... haven't seen a shiny Raikou for 4 days of constant resetting LOL...

EDIT: of course I ecnounetred #9 a few resets after posting that... also a terrible one

UPDATE: aaand #10 just now. still nothing even remotely close to as good as #5 v__v

UPDATE: #13 and counting ): feels bad. I know Im insane xD

UPDATE:

#14 finally had a perfect speed stat, which I havent0' seen since #5, but it had a sp.atk IV of 3.

I have #15 on my 3ds atm... trying to decide if I keep it and end this quest for perfection.

It is timid, has 31-0-9-18-31-31, and hidden power Grass, which isn't the best, but not useless either (wasn't going to care about what HP is as long as both speed and sp.atk were 31, but it's a minor plus).

What do I do T_T Reset or keep...hmm

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  16. Tails The Blonde Brainiac
    Tails

Forum Mod Advanced Member Member

Over the last 24 hours I nabbed two shinies in ORAS; last night a Zubat in Meteor Falls and earlier today a shiny Zigzagoon in Petalburg Woods.

Search for my first of two Purple Wurmples on hold until my 3DS battery recharges.

(I want to try and get the entire shiny Wurmple family in my Pokemon ending with a shiny Beautifly and shiny Dustox.)

17. Mitja veteran smartass
    Mitja

Oh my god, it's finally over. ITS OVER!

I literally just saved 5 times in a row out of paranoia and did 2 reality checks (its 2am and I was going to reset 5 more then sleep)

-Result of my Shiny Raikou hunt--
    -Goal: Timid, 31 speed, 31 sp.atk
    -Time (from 3ds Activity Log): 18038 minutes = 300 hours and 38 minutes
    -Shinies encountered: 17
    -stats of #17 that I am keeping:
    Timid, 19-31-29-31-12-31 (Hidden Power: Steel, meh)

Also out of all the 17 shinies, this one was the easiest to capture. Did not scratch me, I False swiped and Spored, and it stayed in the first Luxury Ball I threw.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I am so never doing this again.

I need sleep now
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  18. yammark Aspiring Trainer
    yammark

Today 25 july 2015 after 1000+ eegs . My hatching just turn into 1 shiny Ducklett :D I'm so happy and sad at the same time . Because it's ability is Keen Eyes not hydration that i looking for .

My hunt for shiny hydration Ducklett and shiny Cryogonal is still go on . But i don't care since Pokemon Z is starting to promote . I have a plenty of time for my shiny hunt . When Pokemon Z release i will transfer my shiny Ducklett/Cryogonal to my new journey . I will be my main protagonist and signature pokemon in my adventure of Pokemon Z . Since Gamefreak not officially announce Pokemon Z yet . I have so many day and month for Shiny hunt . ;)

Purrloin likes this.
  19. Pangoro#1999 Fear the bear
    Pangoro#1999

My shiny collection as of now:

Omega Ruby:
    Metagross (event)
    Zubat
    Beautifly
    Carvanha
    Corphish
    Tyrantrum
    Zigzagoon
    Milotic
    Poochyena
    Zorua
    Reshiram
    Spheal
    Áltaria
    Mangezone
    Magnemite
    Minum
    Wailmer
    Linoone
    Roselia
    Zubat
    Aggron
    Sandshrew
    Spinda
    Skarmory
    Camerupt
    Magikarp
    Whismur

Y:
    Trevenant
    Manectric
    Pancham
    Ponyta
    Sigilyph
    Seadra
    Golem
    Relicanth
    Jumpluff
    Banette
    Eevee
    Dragalge
    Bunnelby
    Floette
    Gyrados
    Greninja
    Throh
    Nidorino
    Clauncher
    Hariyama
    Gloom
    Mime jr.
    Roggenrola
    Carbink'
    Staravia
    Spritzee
    Remoraid
    Probopass
    Gourgeist
    Electabuzz

Dedenne
    Gengar(event)
    Aegislash
    Hawlucha
    Swalot
    Gogoat
    Litleo
    Ariados
    Charizard
    Spritzee
    Noivern
    Goodra
    Murkrow
    Beartic
    Beartic
    Gulpin
    Doduo
    Furfrou
    Galvantula
    Helioptile
    Klefki
    Masquerain
    Ludicolo
    Salamence
    Swirlix
    Helioisk
    Luxray
    Chatot
    Swanna
    Swanna
    Tropius
    Octillery
    Corsola
    Chespin
    Gorgeist
    Sneasel
    Oshawott
    Sneasel
    Snorunt
    Ursaring
    Panpour
    Simipour
    Blastoise
    Spiritomb
    Turtwig
    Farfetch'd
    Farefech'd
    Noctowl
    Dodrio
    Braviary
    Pawniard
    Gardevoir
    Skrelp
    Golurk
    Tranquil
    Tranquil
    Wingull
    Wingull
    Ampharos
    Delibird
    Dunsparce
    Charmeleon
    Amaura
    Meowstic
    Swablu
    Gyrados
    Rotom
    Gabite

Black 2:
    Sawsbuck
    Terrakion
    Accelgor
    Haxorus

Other/gen 4:
    Liepard
    Raikou
    Eintei
    Suicune
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Giratina
    Genesect
    Rayquaza
    Gyrados
    Sceptile
    Landorus
    Kyurem
    Bisharp
    Azumarill
    Mew
    Feraligatr
    Manaphy
    Swellow
    Beedrill

20. Perfect_Shot Standard sucks, so Ban Expanded
    Perfect_Shot

I don't know why this happens, but whenever I try to shiny hunt it never happens. Then I start EV training off hordes and after a while, something comes up. And it's usually not the thing I wanted to train on.

Wanted to farm Slowpokes in Azure Bay for HP stats, Shiny Wingull pops up. Pretty nice surprise.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?

Moderated By

Vracken, Yakkov