XY Your Shiny Hunts

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
ilovecommas said:
I am shiny hunting a Pachirisu on Pokemon Diamond. I'm using a Pokemon with static as the lead of my party, along with repels and the pokeradar, however, my chain keeps breaking around 20 because I run into another Pokemon. Not sure if it is just bad luck or I'm not walking into the wrong grass. I really can't tell a difference in how they shake... Also, I'm not sure I understand the grid system I've seen people explain in diagrams.

That being said does anyone have any tips to help or by chance have a shiny Pachirisu they would want to trade? Would the Madusa breeding method have any better results or is the shiny rate the same or less?

Thank you!

steffenka said:
1509 encounters after completing the National Dex and recieving the fabulous Shiny Charm, a shiny Magby appeared right in front of me!
Cayenne the Magby, has her hidden ability, the move Thunder Punch and a Naughty nature :D

image_by_steffenka-d8husaw.jpg

So is it worth it to do all the work to complete the National Dex to get the Shiny Charm? How many shinnies have you encountered using the charm?

Yeah I'd say it helps a lot! Before the charm I had found about 3-4 shinies and including those I've found about 27-30. Besides it isn't that hard to complete the national dex, if you use the wonder trade and gts :)

ilovecommas

Cute Trainer
steffenka said:
ilovecommas said:
I am shiny hunting a Pachirisu on Pokemon Diamond. I'm using a Pokemon with static as the lead of my party, along with repels and the pokeradar, however, my chain keeps breaking around 20 because I run into another Pokemon. Not sure if it is just bad luck or I'm not walking into the wrong grass. I really can't tell a difference in how they shake... Also, I'm not sure I understand the grid system I've seen people explain in diagrams.

That being said does anyone have any tips to help or by chance have a shiny Pachirisu they would want to trade? Would the Madusa breeding method have any better results or is the shiny rate the same or less?

Thank you!

So is it worth it to do all the work to complete the National Dex to get the Shiny Charm? How many shinnies have you encountered using the charm?

Yeah I'd say it helps a lot! Before the charm I had found about 3-4 shinies and including those I've found about 27-30. Besides it isn't that hard to complete the national dex, if you use the wonder trade and gts :)

Thank you so much for the info! I think you've inspired me to complete the National Dex! :D

One more question, does the Shiny Charm help only with wild encounters or with hatching shiny eggs too?

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
ilovecommas said:
steffenka said:

Thank you so much for the info! I think you've inspired me to complete the National Dex! :D

One more question, does the Shiny Charm help only with wild encounters or with hatching shiny eggs too?

It makes the chances to hatch a shiny with the masuda method 1/512

raichulover11

Levy-chan
Ok. I got another no grass shine Bunnelby. -_-
On the other side, I got my first fully chain 40 shiny! It's a Pikachu!

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Probat said:
I've lost motivation with the shiny Bagon hunt. Please help!

salamence.gif

Here you go :)

Don't lose hope. I remember hatching my shiny Hawlucha after 1000+ eggs while sitting in the bus.
It is really comes down to how much determine and bored you are :p

ilovecommas

Cute Trainer
ilovecommas said:
steffenka said:

After 3 days I am only 7 Pokemon away from the National Dex and the Shiny Charm!!!

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
ilovecommas said:
ilovecommas said:

After 3 days I am only 7 Pokemon away from the National Dex and the Shiny Charm!!!

Wauw! Well done Commas!

After 3 days I've managed to get:

A shiny Stantler after a chain of can't remember and didn't write it down
A shiny Relicanth after a chain of 238
A shiny Sandshrew after about 100 hordes
A shiny Surskit after a chain of 196
A shiny Glameow after a chain of 68
And I'm trying to get a shiny Tangela. I'm currently on my 391th chain, and I'm kinda bored now ._.

Edit: Reached a chain of 400+ and then broke it ;-;

Probat

Aspiring Trainer
Galaxy Hunter said:
Don't give up Probat! My shiny Salamence (Delta) took a while to arrive, but he was totally worth it!
I am continuing this hunt right now if you didn't know, and I believe I have hatched around 400 eggs. But I am not giving up. Besides, 400 eggs is not too much, really! By the way, one of the reasons that I want shiny Salamence, is that he/she is green and red - two of my favorite colors. :rolleyes:

ilovecommas

Cute Trainer
Wauw! Well done Commas!

After 3 days I've managed to get:

A shiny Stantler after a chain of can't remember and didn't write it down
A shiny Relicanth after a chain of 238
A shiny Sandshrew after about 100 hordes
A shiny Surskit after a chain of 196
A shiny Glameow after a chain of 68
And I'm trying to get a shiny Tangela. I'm currently on my 391th chain, and I'm kinda bored now ._.

Edit: Reached a chain of 400+ and then broke it ;-;
[/quote]

Nice! I'm currently breeding for my shiny Pachirisu. I've only done about 10, so we will see.

ilovecommas

Cute Trainer
raichulover11 said:
ilovecommas, do you use Static when you chain the Pachirisu?

I was using a Pokemon with static in Diamond, but kept breaking the chain around 15 to 20 - I guess I kept going into bad patches of grass. I also did the same on X, but I couldn't even get a chain started because I was running into wild Pokemon even with repels and my first Pokemon (with static) holding a Cleanse Tag. Not sure what the deal is with that. I tried in the grass and yellow flowers with the same results. So, I decided to try and breed a shiny on Alpha Sapphire since I now have the Shiny Charm. No luck so far, but I haven't bread that may eggs yet.

If you have any other tips I'd love to hear them. Thanks :)

raichulover11

Levy-chan
ilovecommas said:
400ish eggs later and still no shiny.... But I haven't given up yet!
You are WAYYYY more patient than me. Go go go! I might as well chain for le Pachi.
EDIT: Oops, forgot to add that I got a random Nidorino and chained a shiny Talonflame.

Galaxy Hunter

Shiny Mega Quest!
raichulover11 said:
ilovecommas said:
400ish eggs later and still no shiny.... But I haven't given up yet!
You are WAYYYY more patient than me. Go go go! I might as well chain for le Pachi.
EDIT: Oops, forgot to add that I got a random Nidorino and chained a shiny Talonflame.

Count yourselves lucky; I'm well over 1000 eggs into my shiny HA Absol hunt, and I'm now committed to seeing this thing through. It's between me and the RNG now, and this thing is personal! The Random Number God won't keep me down, it WILL give me this shiny!!

ilovecommas

Cute Trainer
I've also started looking in Friend Safari for shinnies. I'm trying to get a shiny Pumpkaboo. I looked about an hour but no luck. Is it true your shiny encounter is increased there? I read it was, but you can't chain and the shiny charm has no effect as far as further increasing your encounter.