XY Your Shiny Hunts

So I have been Madusa Methoding for a Shiny Trapinch to turn it a Flygon(One of my Favorite Pokes :p) and after about 500 eggs guess what I found!
I had been using my English Ditto.... I was so mad that I hadn't check this sooner, so much time wasted.... -_-

After around a 70 chain broken on Tropius (giving up on DexNav lol) I got a Shiny Magikarp on my second attempt while chain fishing for Tentacool. I think I have 4 shiny magikarps now o_O. At least I broke my streak of no shinies (I've been spending the entire weekend getting a shiny, nothing appeared. I think I have a really bad shiny value like 0001 or 4000)

Got a shiny Shuppet through hordes today, really wanted a shiny Vulpix, but hey shiny Mega Banette am I right?
Also reached a chain of 80something for Buneary today, then broke it cause I accidently scared it away ._.

I've only found 2 shinies. I once found a shiny Tentacool, I didn't know what it was because I was a huge noob to Pokemon at the time, I caught it anyway and was confused. I accidentally pressed my game and didn't save, so it was lost forever. My second one was a Remorade, I used the fishing strategy to get him and it was successful. I'm still trying to get more :p

This is so hard.. I am trying to breed Shiny HA Chespin and got 2 shiny nonHA Chespins.. But I just can't give up. Wish me luck :)

Doing 2 hunts in my games. My first hunt involves my goal to get every pokemon (at level 50) as shinies. Of course these pokemon would all be mega evos, so I am hunting 1 at a time, beginning in X, I will hunt ivysaur shiny.

In Omega ruby I am horde hunting for my favorite pokemon...bagon! So glad hes in a horde, despite how rare the encounter is. While hording, I found...
Shiny zubat, my 7-8th shiny in the family ugh
. A shiny is a shiny I guess

Hi guys, I'm new here!
I have quite a lot of shinies, actually, in Pokemon Y. Four shiny Poliwhirls, three shiny Magikarp, three shiny Basculin, a shiny Gyarados and more.
I've also got some by horde-hunting, and one shiny from Masuda Methoding(Slakoth after 1100+ eggs. Right now, I'm trying to get a shiny Slowpoke by horde-hunting(I've gotten a shiny Wingull there from before), but, as said, I'm now trying for a shiny Slowpoke. But, I do wonder... If I get another shiny Wingull, then I don't know if I should; A: Continue With horde-hunting, or; B: Try Masuda Method again?;)

I just managed to SR for a shiny Reshiram in Omega Ruby and got it in about 2200 SRs.

Modest
HP 31
ATK 25
DEF 31
SP ATK 31
SP DEF 29
SPEED 31

Im done.... almost perfect

I'm not shiny hunting anymore. I had a huge list of Pokes I wanted to hunt but I realized I never would have used a lot of them and so I stopped after several droughts.

I did however want to mention that when riding my Latias I encountered some sky Pokémon. I was getting agitated because the repel didn't have an effect on them but for once I'm glad because I was shocked to see a shiny Braviary. First full odds random shiny. I mean yea, the odds are cut in half from that ridiculous 1/8192 but still. That was cool.

Unless you want to tell me sky Pokémon have a higher shiny rate...

While sr for competitive Raikou I found a shiny one
. But since I really want a competitive one I turned off my 3ds after a long time staring at it.. I really hope I made the right move.. lol now I can't give up until I will find the perfect Raikou.. meanwile in Pokemon X- Still breeding Chespin hoping for my shiny ha Chespin after 2 non ha shiny Chespins.. ahh what a Pokeday

I've recently been trying the Dex-Nav chaining to see if it worked, and after 79 encounters, I got myself a shiny Buneary, with HA and a Timid nature, and it's a female! Can't wait to get myself a shiny Mega Lopunny! :D

While breeding for a 6IV Tympole, I randomly hatched a shiny!

Sadly, it's only perfect IV is Sp. Defense, but at least it has no 0 IVs and is Jolly with Swift Swim.

Since I started playing AlphaSapphire, there were two shinies that I have obtained. One is the event Beldum, now a Metagross. The other is a Ditto, which I obtained in one of the islands (I think it was Mirage Cave). I was looking for Dittos with good IVs, and after seeing more than 100 of them, one was a shiny. It didn't have exceptional IVs, but it does have the Imposter ability. I captured it with a Premier Ball.

Just got a shiny Onix! Absolutely perfect, and a shiny Pidgey showed up yesterday, HA, Modest, perfect in all IV's but Defense! One more shiny mega to go: Snorunt! *It's the Final Countdown starts playing*

After a few weeks of searching i finally found a shiny male ralts, i spent the rest of the day leveling it up to get a Shiny Gallade, heck while looking for this guy i found a female shiny Ralts, i named one Diego and the other Pearls.

I have no idea what to do with pearls, maybe i'll evolve it into a Gardevoir and use it just to be a show off right now it's just sitting in my box.

Unfortunately neither of them have good Iv's so i doubt they'll be useful online.

Maybe i'll try masuda methoding up a shiny Tepig or something i have a foreign one lying around in bank.

scattered mind said:
While sr for competitive Raikou I found a shiny one
. But since I really want a competitive one I turned off my 3ds after a long time staring at it.. I really hope I made the right move.. lol now I can't give up until I will find the perfect Raikou.. meanwile in Pokemon X- Still breeding Chespin hoping for my shiny ha Chespin after 2 non ha shiny Chespins.. ahh what a Pokeday

This is just amazing..
I just found another Shiny Raikou.. I have no Shiny Charm.. Just letting everybody know that Shiny SR is probably way easier now. I have been soft reseting for only a week and encountered 2 Shiny Raikou.. I wonder if I will manage to find my competitive hp ice Raikou before the third Shiny lol

So after reading everyones stories, i want to talk about mine that just happened today, was chaining since 5am till 2pm (break inbetween) with the following chains:
33 fail chain old rod
23 fail chain old rod
106 fail chain old rod
10 fail chain good rod
8 fail chain good rod
33 fail chain good rod
23 fail chain super rod
25 fail chain super rod
57 fail chain super rod
Then finally after my 4th chain it appeared, that shiny Milotic to be, Feebas.

Just want to tell everyone to be patient, persistent and you will eventually be rewarded!

Attachments

• 20141227_141030.jpg
    20141227_141030.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 8
I've wanted a shiny Wailmer for a while and I've been trying to chain fish one in Mossdeep City for a while. So I tried again today and after a chain of 77 encounters, I managed to reel in a beautiful female shiny Wailmer, named Abigail.

And I agree with Kumail: Be patient, it will reward you in the end!

Back