XY Your Shiny Hunts

[split] Soft Reset - Keep it or Lose it

After 2726 SRs I finally got my shiny cresselia! With terrible ivs...

Bold, 10/31/14/0/31/31.. how unfortunate. Definitly not a keep it for competitive use, but I can adjust the IVs and keep the trophy shiny reguardless.

I've finished my shiny megas quest!

With the exception of Diancie (curse you, shiny locks!!) I have every Pokemon that can mega evolve shiny, and the majority of them are competitive; there are three that are utterly terrible (Heracross, Pinsir, and Alakazam) and three that could work because of their IV's, movesets, and natures, but have the wrong ability; Charizard X doesn't want Solar Power (it hatched really fast from a WT reject I got, I was actually trying to breed the HA off of it), Blastoise would rather have Rain Dish, and Swampert could actually use Damp in a really obscure situation.

Other than that, the hunt is over! Now what?

dang, this has taken so much time I don't know what to do next, probably collect the shiny Eeveelutions or something...

OK... I currently am practicing chaining. It's not going well. I never get a chain of more than 20, but the game has been pitiful. It gave me a shiny Smeargle after a three-chain, and (YES) a cute lil' shiny Skiddo after about 6. WHAT IS HAPPENING (no shiny charm, either. : P)

Im back again! I was just doing a quick morning egg run to get me a competitive Infernape, after hatching 5 eggs, the 5th turned out to be a shiny Chimchar! It has 5ivs though not perfect ones, still viable for competitive battle so im going to use it :D I shall name it Natsu after the Fairy Tail anime.

Attachments

• hwedHcp.jpg
    hwedHcp.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 15
So today (January 1st, 2015) on Route 116, I was walking casually when I heard a sound, I checked my DexNav, and was very excited when I noticed it was a non-native Pokemon, and quietly entered the grass, I wouldn't scare it away of course. I entered the battle, and nearly screamed!

It was...

A Random Shiny Eevee!

*Ultimate screaming begin*

Happy New Year is all I have to say! :D

While searching for the Pokemon in the desert area (forgot the route number) to get all of the Pokemon in the DexNav (my ocd is killing me because of that thing) I encountered a shiny Trapinch. It's a shame I've already decided on and filled up my team, because this is the first time I found a shiny while playing through that I actually caught.

So after a painful 772 Mesuda Method eggs (with Shiny Charm) i Finally got my Shiny Charmander! Modest 4iv (missing HP + Attack but that doesnt matter too much since its a special attacker) going to name it Amaterasu for when it becomes a black Charizard Y :D

Attachments

• 20150103_074722.jpg
    20150103_074722.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 6
So I just got another shiny Wingull via the horde method...
Decided to try Friend Safari, got shiny Delibird and Ferroseed.
Decided then to soft reset for shiny Treecko in Omega Ruby. I got it around 1,350 soft resets. (Docile Nature)
And when I continued Omega Ruby, just playing through it, a random shiny Makuhita comes randomly in Granite Cave... YAY! :)
(Lonely Nature)
Starts Wonder Trade to get PokéMiles... GETS A SHINY RAIKOU
Also, got a shiny Buizel(in Omega Ruby) via Facebook. Thanks, Fennekin!

My luck has been unreal today, hatched this Shiny Eevee accidentally whilst trying to find a a perfect 5iv anticipation female Eevee. (under 40 eggs) This one had a good 4ivs in defense, sp.atk, sp.def and Speed so ive decided to evolve it into a Glaceon which is my favourite eeveelution and i shall name it Yuki :)! Whats funny is in the next egg i found the 5iv anticipation female i was looking for lool.

Attachments

• sGpatGF.jpg
    sGpatGF.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 10
Some of you may recognise me by now lol
My luck has been stupid recently! After struggling to get my Shiny Charmander (after 772 i got it) ive been stumbling across shinies accidently whilst IV breeding! The latest being this Treecko! Disappointingly it isnt viable for competitive with its 4IVs but itll make a nice trophy shiny. Its characteristic represents me a lot because i like to nap often lol. Not sure i will give it a nickname because i actualy cant think of one but yeah, i wish the rest of you the same!

Attachments

• iLlbKXH (1).jpg
    iLlbKXH (1).jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 11
In my gold, sapphire, leafgreen, omega ruby, alpha sapphire, black 2, white 2, platinum, and soulsilver, i have found one shiny. A lunatone. my cousin has a solrock and wont trade it to me! :(

Last night, while soft resetting for shiny Reshiram, I got it after 777 soft resets!!! The funny thing though, was that last night, the movie I was watching was coming to an end when I was around 760 sr's. So I said that I'd finish the day after 777 sr's, and low and behold, the last soft reset of the night turned out to be the magic number! :p (When shiny Reshiram attacks, it's tail glows purple!) <3
[img=300x400]http://i.imgur.com/DBB3BuQ.jpg[/img][img=300x400]http://i.imgur.com/YJ2ifIB.jpg[/img][img=300x400]http://i.imgur.com/Jnr9gSj.jpg[/img]

I'm pretty set on going after shiny Latias next! Wish me a quick success!

So while trying to simply breed a flawless 5IV Adaptability Skrelp (which has proved to be more difficult than expected) I hatched a shiny Skrelp. I was dreading I was gonna hatch a shiny before I got my flawless Skrelp, and after maybe 2 or 3 boxes of disappointment and rage the shiny was born before it's more competitive sibling (which I have yet to get). Of course I was happy and quite shocked to see it, but I was worried about its ability and IVs. Once I checked, low and behold....it had Poison Point. So in a fit of fury, I threw that trash on the GTS where it awaits to be traded away for a Deoxys. Just. My. Luck.

**update** just got the Deoxys and now I begin the chain of trading Deoxys until I get one with a good nature. Also I might get another Shiny Skrelp with the horrible luck I'm having trying to get this flawless Skrelp...

I was horde EV training, and thought to myself it'd be funny if a shiny popped out, and one did. A shiny Sassy Shuppet. Haven't checked the IVs on it yet.

Got a shiny modest 3IV Charmander x/x/31/31/x/31 using masuda method with a Male JPN Charmeleon and a male Charmander after 223 eggs. Tried again for Timid/protean Froakie with a Male Greninja JPN and a female Froakie using the masuda method, hatched 1700+ eggs and never got the shiny. Will never do it again. Almost 2 weeks of nothing but hatching and no shiny to show for it.

I have been horde hunting Swablu on Route 115(I think) and I still havent found one, in the past I found them quickly in hordes. :( But on the DexNav my Search Level for Swablu is around 600 now :)

On the hunt for a shiny competitive Heracross, haven't found one yet, but I have discovered that the 'times encountered' part of the Pokedex maxes out at 999...

WHY WON'T YOU SHINE FOR ME?!

My only shiny hunt was back in diamond with the radar. It didn't work. But in black, I randomly found a shiny combee. But it was male. Haven't gotten another one since.

Well, then...
The moment before I was going to Shiny Hunt for a Shiny Luxio, a Shiny Linoone appears randomly instead. :/
Oh, well... I am now trying to get a Shiny Luxio with Dex Nav on Pokémon Omega Ruby - over 150 encounters, but still no luck :(
~Probat
EDIT: I just failed the chain at around 250 encounters :( NOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
But at least I find Crescent Isle on the first try just flying around with Mega Latios. And also caught her with my first Ultra Ball :)
I am now trying for a Shiny Ho-Oh! Wish me luck

Back