XY XY in France?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mastermagpie said:
Agent9149 said:
Samurrott is based of a seal than an otter and there are seals there.

Samurai + Otter = Samurott...
Samurott is based of a sea lion. They explained why it changes "animal" back when B/W were released in Japan.

Teal said:
mastermagpie said:
Samurai + Otter = Samurott...
Samurott is based of a sea lion. They explained why it changes "animal" back when B/W were released in Japan.

It still makes no sense and IMO, Samurott is the worst designed FE Pokémon.

I think the next Region should either be England or Australia.

Also, I'm sick of people saying that England is like NY. It isn't. The only things NY and England have in common are the language and thievery. No-one would say Australia is too much like America, or New Zealand.

Blob55 said:
Also, I'm sick of people saying that England is like NY. It isn't. The only things NY and England have in common are the language and thievery. No-one would say Australia is too much like America, or New Zealand.

Oh wow, racism much? the crime rates in england are lower, than in america at least, and i think you should probably do some research before you start slandering someone's country.
but yeah, it would be nice to have pokemon set in the UK at least.

leecario said:
Oh wow, racism much? the crime rates in england are lower, than in america at least, and i think you should probably do some research before you start slandering someone's country.

What are you talking about? How has she slandered anything or been racist?

leecario said:
Blob55 said:

but yeah, it would be nice to have pokemon set in the UK at least.

Racism? To who? If it's racism to England, it's only from my personal experience and I AM British, so I'm not being racist.
If it's to America, you just said the crime rate is higher there anyway.

France has all that Castles, and they are famous in the whole world... Along with Paris

I think they should make a region based off South America or Oceania, it would be better...

South America would be awesome! We have everything a region needs!
Sao Paulo is the one of the world's largest cities, we have a lot of beaches, forests, we have the Andes and the Atacama Desert...

But i think France is fine too...

This thread has turned into "I think my country would of been better, but France is OK..." Lol.

It's not racism much it's more like....when you live somewhere, been there all your life, you tend to appreciate it less than others who don't. You tend to noticed the flaws more and the stuff that amazes everyone else is pretty ordinary for you. That's just how that is....usually. Me, I know my country and the state I live in has it's issues but they are my home, I appreciate them, I notice their flaws, but it doesn't stop me from having pride in them. You can disagree with my statement but it's true...especially in the more modern generations. Funny part is (for me particularly) I know lots of people my age that wanna "get out" cause the city is too small, nothing to do etc....the city I live in is second largest in the state with about a million people. I don't get how that is small? Lol.

I am glad though it is France or Europe. Maybe in the future we will see Spain? But for now I'm content with it being in France, historically, it's an important place and full of history.

Ysmir said:
This thread has turned into "I think my country would of been better, but France is OK..." Lol.

It's not racism much it's more like....when you live somewhere, been there all your life, you tend to appreciate it less than others who don't. You tend to noticed the flaws more and the stuff that amazes everyone else is pretty ordinary for you. That's just how that is....usually. Me, I know my country and the state I live in has it's issues but they are my home, I appreciate them, I notice their flaws, but it doesn't stop me from having pride in them. You can disagree with my statement but it's true...especially in the more modern generations. Funny part is (for me particularly) I know lots of people my age that wanna "get out" cause the city is too small, nothing to do etc....the city I live in is second largest in the state with about a million people. I don't get how that is small? Lol.

I am glad though it is France or Europe. Maybe in the future we will see Spain? But for now I'm content with it being in France, historically, it's an important place and full of history.

I don't actually like my country, i hate it...
But i think South America fits more a Pokémon Region than France...
France is a perfect setting for a Pokémon Movie...

Mindfang said:
France has all that Castles, and they are famous in the whole world... Along with Paris

I think they should make a region based off South America or Oceania, it would be better...

Sao Paulo is the one of the world's largest cities, we have a lot of beaches, forests, we have the Andes and the Atacama Desert...

All the Castles? Have you been anywhere besides America? England has quite a few Castles.

Also, England is famous too AND known the whole world over. Like I once said, more people probably know about England than France. (Hillbillys).
I'm so sick of everyone saying "France has all the history in Europe ever". Especially since Fairies were made up in England. I honestly hate GF for knowing jack about Europe and assuming all "Fairy" tales were made in France.

Gamefreak isn't assuming anything, lol. You are. Where is the definitive proof that GF said Fairies are only in France? You're just coming up with this stuff. I never said France was the only place with history I am simply pointing to the fact it is RICH in history which you seem to like to overlook cause "GEN 6 WHY U NO BE IN ENGLAND?!" attitude. I love England and Europe in general....it's one of my top places I'd like to visit besides Ireland, Spain, and Italy. (My girlfriend loves England) I don't even want to visit France but I'm not ignorant to the fact it was an important country throughout history.

Blob55 said:
Mindfang said:

All the Castles? Have you been anywhere besides America? England has quite a few Castles.

Also, England is famous too AND known the whole world over. Like I once said, more people probably know about England than France. (Hillbillys).
I'm so sick of everyone saying "France has all the history in Europe ever". Especially since Fairies were made up in England. I honestly hate GF for knowing jack about Europe and assuming all "Fairy" tales were made in France.

Actually, the only "french" thing in the Region is the format and Lumiose City.

Castles are common in Europe, they are present in Italy, Iceland, England, Finland, France, Portugal and almost every other european country.

There's that thing that resembles the Stonehedge, and the Stonehedge is in England

The snowy mountains are based off on the Alps, they are not only in France, but in Austria, Germany, Italy, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Slovenia, and Switzerland too...

Ysmir said:
Gamefreak isn't assuming anything, lol. You are. Where is the definitive proof that GF said Fairies are only in France? You're just coming up with this stuff. I never said France was the only place with history I am simply pointing to the fact it is RICH in history which you seem to like to overlook cause "GEN 6 WHY U NO BE IN ENGLAND?!" attitude. I love England and Europe in general....it's one of my top places I'd like to visit besides Ireland, Spain, and Italy. (My girlfriend loves England) I don't even want to visit France but I'm not ignorant to the fact it was an important country throughout history.

I know France has that stuff, I just don't like how GF is just ignoring England.

Mindfang said:
Blob55 said:

Actually, the only "french" thing in the Region is the format and Lumiose City.

Castles are common in Europe, they are present in Italy, Iceland, England, Finland, France, Portugal and almost every other european country.

There's that thing that resembles the Stonehedge, and the Stonehedge is in England

The snowy mountains are based off on the Alps, they are not only in France, but in Austria, Germany, Italy, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Slovenia, and Switzerland too...

The Stonehenge thing is already proved to not be Stonehenge, but the Carnac stones.
Also, the southern mountains resemble the mountains in the south of France, near Spain.

So, England is totally ignored in XY completely.

Sorry for the typo...

But dude, it's Pokémon, it's a great game and the region is irrelevant to how good the game will be.
And there are a lot of places outside of Japan that are interesting and that could be a good region, France is fine too!
There are a lot of places in the World, maybe in the next gen we're having England or another country...

Not to knock on many of the countries listed, France has a pretty big history and has impacted the world just as much as the other European countries. It also has a fairly distinct , unique, and romantic culture not found in many.

In addition, from my experiences living here in Japan, many Japanese absolutely live France. If say of all the European countries, France and Italy are the most famous. When I teach countries to my 6th graders, I usually see "I want to go to France" or "I want to go to Italy." I have never seen Germany, England, Spain, etc. I have taught at a total of 15 elementary schools and 10 junior high schools and I have noticed this trend. I think they wanted to focus on an European country that has a distinct culture. I agree they felt France what they were aiming at in XY but I also think that, in the Japanese perspective, France has a much more distinct and noticeable culture that they can adapt from compared to England (and not to knock on England; I would love to see it as a region.)

I'm just glad they are branching out into other areas of the world. Japan is great but I think expanding to other countries helps expand and diversify the Pokemon world.

LostVoice said:
Not to knock on many of the countries listed, France has a pretty big history and has impacted the world just as much as the other European countries. It also has a fairly distinct , unique, and romantic culture not found in many.

In addition, from my experiences living here in Japan, many Japanese absolutely live France. If say of all the European countries, France and Italy are the most famous. When I teach countries to my 6th graders, I usually see "I want to go to France" or "I want to go to Italy." I have never seen Germany, England, Spain, etc. I have taught at a total of 15 elementary schools and 10 junior high schools and I have noticed this trend. I think they wanted to focus on an European country that has a distinct culture. I agree they felt France what they were aiming at in XY but I also think that, in the Japanese perspective, France has a much more distinct and noticeable culture that they can adapt from compared to England (and not to knock on England; I would love to see it as a region.)

I'm just glad they are branching out into other areas of the world. Japan is great but I think expanding to other countries helps expand and diversify the Pokemon world.

And that's my problem! They're putting all of Europes history into France, because the Japanese love it so much and I don't think that's fair! They did Tokyo, New York, but not London? Why? Because the Japanese are selfish and they don't care about Brits AT ALL! This is why I probably won't get this game, because of how unfair they're being to the Brits.
Overall, London is more powerful than Paris and they should of kept the trend with having IMPORTANT, POWERFUL cities in Pokémon games, but no! They'll probably do Hong Kong next as a lame substitute to England.

Blob55 said:
And that's my problem! They're putting all of Europes history into France, because the Japanese love it so much and I don't think that's fair! They did Tokyo, New York, but not London? Why? Because the Japanese are selfish and they don't care about Brits AT ALL! This is why I probably won't get this game, because of how unfair they're being to the Brits.
Overall, London is more powerful than Paris and they should of kept the trend with having IMPORTANT, POWERFUL cities in Pokémon games, but no! They'll probably do Hong Kong next as a lame substitute to England.

Are you seriously a staff member here on the forums and are acting that childishly about where a region is based off of? For all we know, only the shape of France may be the inspiration for the layout of the map, while the features themselves are pulled from all parts of Europe. I see a couple castles, a giant chapel (Sistine aka NOT IN FRANCE) next to what COULD be STONE HENGE or CARNACK STONES, a science research facility, a giant tree (IIRC Yggdrasil is NOT of French origin), ETC ETC.

Youre being very presumptuous in everything youre saying about this region and we know NEXT TO NOTHING about it. We know the regions name, its split into 3 sections and 1 city name based off of Paris. Thats it for the map and locale. I think you need to calm down a bit and take a step back, then look at this a little more objectionally, instead of posting such rash and biased comments about GF and borderline racist comments about Japanese people in general. I live in the Pacific Northwest of North America... Am I livid because they did Manhattan/ New York and not something on the west coast? No! Hell, there was about 3 or 4 other providences or regions left IN JAPAN they could have easily done instead of Unova or Kalos! If youre seriously saying youre not going to get the game because your little island of England isnt what its based off of then well, have fun joining the Fairy type picketers at the fence while the rest of us are playing the hell out of what is going to be the best, most innovative entry in the series since RBGY.

Blob, you're being incredibly biased when it comes to the region's origin.
Just because the new region is not based on your home country, doesn't mean you should be so livid about it.
Saying you're not going to get the game just because your country wasn't picked as the inspiration is ignorant.
Like the above poster said, there was a few more regions left in Japan that they could have chosen.
I, too, live in NA, Texas, specifically, and I'm not in the least bit mad about their decision to base Unova on New York City.
I'm more frustrated at how simplistic the region was. It wasn't interesting in design at all to me, really. It was a circle, and not even a large region.

Alix Rooker said:
Just because the new region is not based on your home country, doesn't mean you should be so livid about it.
Saying you're not going to get the game just because your country wasn't picked as the inspiration is ignorant.
Like the above poster said, there was a few more regions left in Japan that they could have chosen.
I, too, live in NA, Texas, specifically, and I'm not in the least bit mad about their decision to base Unova on New York City.
I'm more frustrated at how simplistic the region was. It wasn't interesting in design at all to me, really. It was a circle, and not even a large region.

I'm not mad because they didn't pick England, I'm mad because they picked a country with a less powerful capital city.
I know in gens 2-4 they didn't introduce a capital city, but that's because they were still doing Japan.

Blob55 said:
Alix Rooker said:

I'm not mad because they didn't pick England, I'm mad because they picked a country with a less powerful capital city.
Still, a very ignorant thing to say. Your capitol isnt any more or less important than any other countries capitol.

I'm just saying that I'm upset that GF didn't go their usual route of choosing the biggest/one of the most powerful cities of the continent, like they did with Gens 1 and 5. I don't like the direction GF are taking by shunning England and choosing a much less powerful city.
They should of done France in gen 7. That way they have the major capital out of the way (London) and can focus on smaller ones (like they did in gens 2-4).

All I'm saying, is they killed the combo and they will probably never do England, because Japan thinks Paris is the most powerful city in Europe (like how Tokyo is really powerful in Asia and NY is powerful in America). And IMO, it's either that, or they just don't care for London at all.
I don't mean to sound racist, but that's what it looks like what GF are thinking IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back