XY X / Y Special 3DS XL and New Pokémon Coming Soon

RE: X/Y Special 3DS XL and New Pokemon Coming Soon

The designs are cool and fine and whatever, but it feels weird to specifically have a blue 3DS XL when there's a red one right over there; it doesn't feel completely balanced to me, or something. I know the budget on special edition systems is a little limited (seeing how we got both a Dialga and a Palkia DS Lite, but only one system for games since), but it'd just feel nicer if there was a blue Xerneas XL and a red Yvetal XL. Either that or a more neutral color... like silver. :p

Ohman177 said:
Which special 3ds come with which installed game?

Don't think it's been announced yet that either are preinstalled. :/

EDIT: Oh ok, so it has been announced, somewhat: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2013/07/130704_g02.html

Google Translate said:
Download version of "Pocket Monsters X · Y" is entered from the beginning, original Nintendo 3DS LL is on sale on Saturday, October 12!

Entered from the beginning download version of "Pocket Monsters X · Y", original Nintendo 3DS LL "Pokemon X-Pakkuzeruneasu events Rutaru Blue," "Pokemon Y Pakkuzeruneasu-Ibe Rutaru Blue," "Pokemon X Pack Premium Gold", "Pokemon Y Pack Premium Gold "is, I will be released on Saturday, October 12! Each 22,800 yen price (tax included).
Design, two types of "Zeruneasu-Ibe Rutaru Blue" and "Premium Gold".
The "Premium Gold", a model of Pokemon Center Limited, I'm planning to sell in the Pokemon Center!
To model Zeruneasu-Ibe Rutaru Blue / Gold Premium, both, "Pocket Monster X" / "Pokemon Y" respectively, I'm in from the beginning to the body.
You can get a Nintendo 3DS LL of Pokemon original on this occasion, friends who do not have a Nintendo 3DS LL still, friends you have already, so you Tabidato the adventure of "Pokemon X · Y!"

The set includes: -One Nintendo 3DS LL
(or "Zeruneasu-Ibe Rutaru Blue," "Premium Gold")
one · SDHC memory card 4GB ※ The "Pokemon X Pack" and the "Pocket Monsters X" download version, the "Pokemon Y pack", " Pokemon Y "download version is saved. ※ I can not play even insert into the body of the other, an SD card that comes with this Nintendo 3DS LL body. If you want to move from the Nintendo 3DS LL body of the other, you can re-download for free from the Nintendo e-shop. - Nintendo 3DS LL touch pen only one six · AR Card , Quick Start guide , instruction manual , certificate ※ AC adapter is sold separately. Or the supplied AC adapter, please use the optional AC adapter to Nintendo 3DS/DSi LL / DSi.

So it looks like there'll be two sets, maybe?

Chariblaze said:
Google Translate said:
Download version of "Pocket Monsters X · Y" is entered from the beginning, original Nintendo 3DS LL is on sale on Saturday, October 12!

Entered from the beginning download version of "Pocket Monsters X · Y", original Nintendo 3DS LL "Pokemon X-Pakkuzeruneasu events Rutaru Blue," "Pokemon Y Pakkuzeruneasu-Ibe Rutaru Blue," "Pokemon X Pack Premium Gold", "Pokemon Y Pack Premium Gold "is, I will be released on Saturday, October 12! Each 22,800 yen price (tax included).
Design, two types of "Zeruneasu-Ibe Rutaru Blue" and "Premium Gold".
The "Premium Gold", a model of Pokemon Center Limited, I'm planning to sell in the Pokemon Center!
To model Zeruneasu-Ibe Rutaru Blue / Gold Premium, both, "Pocket Monster X" / "Pokemon Y" respectively, I'm in from the beginning to the body.
You can get a Nintendo 3DS LL of Pokemon original on this occasion, friends who do not have a Nintendo 3DS LL still, friends you have already, so you Tabidato the adventure of "Pokemon X · Y!"

The set includes: -One Nintendo 3DS LL
(or "Zeruneasu-Ibe Rutaru Blue," "Premium Gold")
one · SDHC memory card 4GB ※ The "Pokemon X Pack" and the "Pocket Monsters X" download version, the "Pokemon Y pack", " Pokemon Y "download version is saved. ※ I can not play even insert into the body of the other, an SD card that comes with this Nintendo 3DS LL body. If you want to move from the Nintendo 3DS LL body of the other, you can re-download for free from the Nintendo e-shop. - Nintendo 3DS LL touch pen only one six · AR Card , Quick Start guide , instruction manual , certificate ※ AC adapter is sold separately. Or the supplied AC adapter, please use the optional AC adapter to Nintendo 3DS/DSi LL / DSi.

So it looks like there'll be two sets, maybe?

That was the most cryptic thing i've read all day. I don't even know what to think. It contradicted itself so much.

Doesn't seem cryptic to me.

Your choices are:
-"Xerneas-Yveltal Blue" with X preinstalled
-"Xerneas-Yveltal Blue" with Y preinstalled
-"Premium Gold" with X preinstalled (you can only buy this in a Pokécenter)
-"Premium Gold" with Y preinstalled (you can only buy this in a Pokécenter)

Teal said:
Doesn't seem cryptic to me.

Your choices are:
-"Xerneas-Yveltal Blue" with X preinstalled
-"Xerneas-Yveltal Blue" with Y preinstalled
-"Premium Gold" with X preinstalled (you can only buy this in a Pokécenter)
-"Premium Gold" with Y preinstalled (you can only buy this in a Pokécenter)

I got tht bu then I read stuff that made me think otherwise. I guess that's better though.

I think they should have that blue one for X, and a red one for Y. Gold can stay with what they've got now. Blue just doesn't fit Y, and the red system already exists... So I don't know what gives.

Well, I had the original Blue 3DS, it broke so I use my brothers Black one. Not really wanting to spend another £200 or so on a new handheld console, not for this generation anyway. Not when I don't play regularly anymore.

I was thinking about getting one of these, since I was planning on DLing one version and buying a card copy of the other.... BUT I just realized that the whole idea of DLing it would be to get it at midnight (or 6am PST when I believe the eShop updates), so I guess ill just upgrade to an regular XL.

Also does anyone know if I bought an XL with say, X pre-installed... can I still transfer my data from my other 3DS over and it wont overwrite the installed game?

NoDice said:
Also does anyone know if I bought an XL with say, X pre-installed... can I still transfer my data from my other 3DS over and it wont overwrite the installed game?

If mean your other 3DS would also have X pre-installed, then I believe the 3DS transfer tool would simply not allow you to transfer it to the new XL.

Chariblaze said:
NoDice said:

If mean your other 3DS would also have X pre-installed, then I believe the 3DS transfer tool would simply not allow you to transfer it to the new XL.

Sorry I mightve not been that clear with my question. I have a reg 3DS right now, and I want to upgrade. It has tons of stuff DLd on it right now.

If I bought the new X pre installed 3DS XL, and I transfered my old 3DS stuff to it, would it overwrite the X install?

NoDice said:
Chariblaze said:

Sorry I mightve not been that clear with my question. I have a reg 3DS right now, and I want to upgrade. It has tons of stuff DLd on it right now.

If I bought the new X pre installed 3DS XL, and I transfered my old 3DS stuff to it, would it overwrite the X install?

I was going to badly explain this, but it seems Nintendo has addressed it in their support pages:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/gi_index.jsp?menu=transfer&submenu=ctr-gi-apps-transfer-what-data

Pre-installed games (Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land) are treated as a standard Nintendo eShop game license. The license will be on the target system once the transfer is complete.

Chariblaze said:
NoDice said:

I was going to badly explain this, but it seems Nintendo has addressed it in their support pages:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/gi_index.jsp?menu=transfer&submenu=ctr-gi-apps-transfer-what-data

Pre-installed games (Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land) are treated as a standard Nintendo eShop game license. The license will be on the target system once the transfer is complete.

Thanks so much for posting this! For some reason, the website wont open the extra links provided in the right side box of the screen, so I could only open the main answer tabs on the left.

SotS said:
hai

K8cEmfi.jpg

yVzAirt.png

The gold one is a Pokemon Center Exclusive.

Question about these. Are the designs actually going to be printed upside down like that? I mean, if you were to open that 3DS as pictured, the design on the lid would be upside down.

Laptop logos go the other way. I've seen the Fire Emblem 3DS but it's the kind of artwork that works in either direction. These are such great designs, but wouldn't you want them to be readable when the thing is open, not closed and sitting in your pocket?

Unfortunately that's the way all limited edition DS/3DS consoles are. The designs are upside down when the DS is flipped open. I don't like it either.

SotS said:
I think they should have that blue one for X, and a red one for Y. Gold can stay with what they've got now. Blue just doesn't fit Y, and the red system already exists... So I don't know what gives.
I don't see the problem. They're just aware that X is the superior version. :p

I don't know if you guys use Twitter or not, but I'm trying to bring the Pokémon XY 3DS Systems over to North America! I'm having everyone tweet and post using the hashtag: #PokemonXY3DSForNorthAmerica and constantly share the hashtags to Pokemon and Nintendo's Twitter accounts. Hope you can help us and join the cause![private]This is fine, he's not exactly advertising someone's work. -Chariblaze[/private]

Teeboy23 said:
I don't know if you guys use Twitter or not, but I'm trying to bring the Pokémon XY 3DS Systems over to North America! I'm having everyone tweet and post using the hashtag: #PokemonXY3DSForNorthAmerica and constantly share the hashtags to Pokemon and Nintendo's Twitter accounts. Hope you can help us and join the cause!

Maybe if you change it to north america AND europe.

If these designs do in fact come to the US during launch I likely will buy it because I have yet to buy a 3DS so why not get a special edition one while I'm at it? Though, I'm not sure about the whole digital copy of a Pokemon game. I like having physical copies haha.

Back