XY X / Y Special 3DS XL and New Pokémon Coming Soon

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
No one seemed to post this yet, so yeah. This stuff was announced in a trailer during a preview showing of the new movie. So yeah

Pokémon X & Y - Special Edition Console & New Pokémon

- special 3DS LL will be revealed
- features a special print of Xerneas & Yveltal on the top case
- will come in Blue & Red colors
- new Pokemon Orotto (オーロット)

Rumor has it that "Orotto" is going to be named "Aulotte" outside of Japan. It will appear in the new movie.

RE: X/Y Special 3DS XL and New Pokemon Coming Soon

Get back to me when it comes out stateside

Well the Reshiram and Zekrom DSis came out at launch stateside so it's possible for these to come as well. I really hope they do as I still need to purchase a 3DS so that would be perfect for me.

I was hoping for a special edition X & Y 3DS! I dot own a 3ds as of yet so if releases during launch ill be buying it.

Very glad it's an XL unlike the Fire Emblem one. I skipped out on the Pikachu and Animal Crossing XLs, so make me happy NoA!

Aulotte?
Sounds like it could be an Audino evo. Both of its names sound like "a lot", whereas Audino's name was based on "I dunno" and Tabunne (its Japanese name) was a pun on the Japanese word for "maybe". Not to mention it shares the "Au" prefix. And the "lotte" could come from lottery, referencing the obscene amount of exp it gives out?

Of course I could be dead wrong also but an Audino evo would be fun :y

And I would be excited about the new 3DS's but I spent forever waiting to be able to get the pink one I have already, so yeah, not affording one of those any time soon, even with the time it'll take for them to get to NA (if they do at all).

Frezgle said:
Aulotte?
Sounds like it could be an Audino evo. Both of its names sound like "a lot", whereas Audino's name was based on "I dunno" and Tabunne (its Japanese name) was a pun on the Japanese word for "maybe". Not to mention it shares the "Au" prefix. And the "lotte" could come from lottery, referencing the obscene amount of exp it gives out?

Of course I could be dead wrong also but an Audino evo would be fun :y

I was thinking it might be a pre-evo to Audino, but an evolution would be cool as well.. (Especially if it gives even more exp) :)

steffenka said:
I was thinking it might be a pre-evo to Audino, but an evolution would be cool as well.. (Especially if it gives even more exp) :)

Hadn't even considered a pre-evo; that's another possibility (although it's one I would like much less).

Of course, "Aulotte" itself is only rumored, right? It could turn out to be something totally different and its Japanese name would just be coincidental.

What prevents Nintendo from releasing all the different versions of Pokemon-themed handheld consoles stateside (and in other countries for that matter)? I want that Charizard 3DS XL so bad it hurts. I've also read that Japan got an Eevee 3DS XL too. I realize Nintendo is a Japanese company, but it's not like these different versions of handhelds wouldn't sell in the US.

I'm sure that these X&Y versions will make it here since we did get D/P DS-es and B/W DSi systems, but come on Nintendo, bring on the other specially themed systems!

I read somewhere that Orotto could potentially be a Sableye evolution (ore+grotto), altho the supposed translated name doesn't give any evidence to this. It's also slightly supported by the fact that Sableye is to appear in the new movie, and there has been a lot of speculation that it will evolve in said movie.

Chariblaze said:
Very glad it's an XL unlike the Fire Emblem one.

For the record, the Fire Emblem one *is* an XL. I ought to know, since I have it. :D

Hoping for a simultaneous release outside of Japan for the XY 3DS, since my partner and I only have the one (the aforementioned FE 3DSXL) and we'll need to have our own at some point. I wanted to get the Pikachu one but he didn't like it, sadly. >_>

hai

K8cEmfi.jpg

yVzAirt.png

The gold one is a Pokemon Center Exclusive.

Edit:
Artemis said:
For the record, the Fire Emblem one *is* an XL. I ought to know, since I have it. :D

Hoping for a simultaneous release outside of Japan for the XY 3DS, since my partner and I only have the one (the aforementioned FE 3DSXL) and we'll need to have our own at some point. I wanted to get the Pikachu one but he didn't like it, sadly. >_>

You European? The American one was a regular 3DS. As was the early European ones as well, if memory serves correctly. The Fire Emblem XL was a "second print" of sorts.

Hoping these also see a simultaneous release (most likely though c'B )

I was considering getting a 3DS XL for a while but wanted to wait it out for an X/Y one.

P.DelSlayer said:
I read somewhere that Orotto could potentially be a Sableye evolution (ore+grotto), altho the supposed translated name doesn't give any evidence to this. It's also slightly supported by the fact that Sableye is to appear in the new movie, and there has been a lot of speculation that it will evolve in said movie.

I hope so, I'd like them to pull another munchlax. It was cool seeing munchlax evolve into snorlax in Destiny Deoxys.

SotS said:
You European? The American one was a regular 3DS. As was the early European ones as well, if memory serves correctly. The Fire Emblem XL was a "second print" of sorts.

Yeah, I'm in Europe, didn't know the American ones were different, since it seems silly to make 2 different sized special release 3DSes. >_> But, I did get mine on release, so I wouldn't know if it's a second print or anything. I've only ever seen the XL variety here. Maybe different countries got different ones.

In other news, both of those 3DSes are awesome. I think I prefer the gold, but I like them both, and I hope we'll get at least one of the two over here.

The gold 3DS art reminds me of a mix of Yggdrasil / Norse art I've seen with a hint of traditional Japanese style. Love it!

Artemis said:
Yeah, I'm in Europe, didn't know the American ones were different, since it seems silly to make 2 different sized special release 3DSes. >_> But, I did get mine on release, so I wouldn't know if it's a second print or anything. I've only ever seen the XL variety here. Maybe different countries got different ones.

In other news, both of those 3DSes are awesome. I think I prefer the gold, but I like them both, and I hope we'll get at least one of the two over here.

And my memory failed me, lol. Yeah it wasn't a second print, people were just assuming that because Japan and America got a regular sized that Europe would too. That is pretty silly; now watch us (Europe and America) get these Pokemon ones in regular size or something equally nonsensical. :p

Speaking of, after looking at the blue system more thoroughly, I'm actually loving the X and Y. 90% of the people on another forum I frequent hate it and say it's, "over-designed," and ruins the flow, but personally I like it... Though I do think it shouldn't be on the back of the system. On the front it's neat and kind of pulls it together, but the back is just like, "Heeeeeey, I'm here as well, check it ooouuuuut!"

The gold one's just perfect. I don't even have a complaint there. Except, you know, that America probably won't get it.

In regards to the european v american Awaken 3ds yes the Europeans got a 3DS but ours in North American looks better being a more cobalt colour IMO.

anyone I do especially like the Gold one, the blues alright. If we do get them state side gives me an excuse to get both versions, rather than relying on friends and internet strangers

Which special 3ds come with which installed game?

Back