Worst Way to Lose a Game

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
What do you guys think is the worst way to lose a game? I think we can all agree donks, autolosses, game losses, etc suck. But what about some less common ways? I can think of a couple.

1. Flipping 46+ heads on Speed Stadium turn one and not having a way to put a card back in your deck.

2. Being up five prizes when your opponent drops Rayquaza Star and Mewtwo Delta to take 12 prizes in one turn and bench you at the same time.

Do you guys have any?

Gistica

Hit me up for any questions about Competitive Play
Almost having the game with Mewtwo EX and then accidentally putting yoo many damage counters on a Kyurem and having them Outrage KO you for the last 2 prizes. :(

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
I think a few would be:

1. Using Mamoswine SF's reflip too many times and KOing yourself ) and it's your only Pokemon in play.

2. Getting decked while playing Durant

3. Attaching too many PlusPowers to Reshiram EX and KOing yourself for the loss.

dBlue

In a tournament, the opponent pitch darked my LuxChomp T1 and played a Mewtwo (Mewtwo LvX) on the bench. I won by using Ambipom SP and Crobat G and using seeker, a rare card in LuxChomp. He didn't see it coming!

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member
Durant or donks (I have missed sooo many TCs on donks).

Edit: Ok, Durant or getting decked out playing Durant.

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
Oh yeah, totally forgot. On PlayTCG I missed 3 Donks by forgetting to put down Skyarrow. So Annoying

dBlue

Glaceon said:
Durant or donks (I have missed sooo many TCs on donks).

Edit: Ok, Durant or getting decked out playing Durant.

Getting decked out w/Durant wouldn't be that bad if the opponent is playing Durant :p

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
EonEye99 said:
Getting decked out w/Durant wouldn't be that bad if the opponent is playing Durant :p

No, I mean literally decking yourself out while playing Durant. It's like the biggest mistake you can make (and it actually happens a lot)

Magnevire

Aspiring Trainer
Well I have a specific experience that can be chalked as my worst personal way to lose a game, and I don't think anyone would want it to happen to them though.

Imagine, if you will, being up 5 prizes, with about half your deck left. You're using ZPST vs some non google Vileplume variant. Plenty of time is on the clock, the win is yours...

He promotes Smoochum. He moves your energy, then passes. Stays asleep.

You attach another energy, wanting to be able to attack next turn. He wakes up, moves your energy. Goes to sleep.

You attach and pass, thinking there's now way he can keep doing this, but not only does he do this again, but he does it for fifteen turns, rendering all your energy useless, SSU is locked, you got an overloaded Shaymin, and no way out of it since your other Shaymin was discarded. All that hard work, destroyed by a string of not one, not two, but somewhere about thirty straight coin flips in one game that didn't go your way.

Make it one better. Let's have it cost you top cut XD

I don't think I'm forgetting that one anytime soon....that was definitely, unquestionably, my worst and most painful loss.

Rikko145

I put the "laughter" in "slaughter&
I once took six prizes off of KO'ing nothing but Hoppips. It was bliss...

Once I made a CurseHoppip deck (yeah, I know) with Shaymin Lv.X and all sorts of things to boost Hoppip's HP. I could get a 110HP Hoppip doing 30 per turn and trainer locking. Whenever it won (which honestly wasn't too often) my opponent went into severe depression, having been thwarted by a gang of Hoppips.

scizorlicious

Now with one fewer 's'
Starting with Absol, attacking a couple of times, and finding out your opponent runs Mime Jr and Lost World. You can probably see where this is going.

Vulpix Yolk

\ \ durant gang \ \
Haha, Rikko, I made a Swablu deck like that.

Playing a Collector, then playing an N in the same turn. Oh man. Game losses. The worst ways to lose are dumb mistakes, that end up costing you the game. Things like accidentally killing your own Bronzong G with Galactic Switch when your opponent has one prize left, or killing an attacker by attaching a Rainbow Energy when you only have 10 HP left. Things like that are awful.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Watching your whole playing field get destroyed by Dusknoir LV.X, and while barely hanging on to your active Landmin LV.X, it gets KO'd and then your entire field just crumbles to pieces as your opponent clears your battlefield and takes his final 3 prizes at once.

No, this didn't happen to me. I did this to some other guy.

The worst loss I had is at Regionals. I went first - the only game I went first all day. This was before B/W so no T/S/S for me. I lead with a lone Crobat and I have to pass. His active is Horsea. I fear the Kingdra Prime donk. Sure enough, he searches for Kingdra, T1 Rare Candy, {W} energy, and drops a Crobat of his own.
Of course, to say I didn't see it coming would be a lie. But all in good fun.

No wait, one worse than that. I was at MD prerelease. I had Grotle active and he had Espeon or something. I used the first attack for 20 and an alleged KO, but I forgot Espeon had +20 HP from the Body. I later lost that game from the one misplay. He placed 1st in the prerelease. I placed 2nd.

SO CLOSE...

Mudkip4321

Happiness Is A Free Bucket Of PB Cookies~
One day at league, I beat a Regigigas Lv. X with only Totodile attacking (The CL one). That thing won me the game, since my opponent ONLY had Regigigas Lv. X. The best part was, Totodile was my ONLY Pokemon and Regigigas was my opponent's only Pokemon. He didn't draw any energy, and I only had 2 {W} and 1 {R} on Totodile. If only I had my camera with me... :p

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer
Probably at states, I was playing glistomb, and the opponent had a Vileplume. I use communication, putting the card back in my deck, a judge was called, and yeah. I was pretty upset because I had the win in hand.

DarknessGrace

Vilegar Forever!!!
pokemonjoe said:
Probably at states, I was playing glistomb, and the opponent had a Vileplume. I use communication, putting the card back in my deck, a judge was called, and yeah. I was pretty upset because I had the win in hand.

Oh those vileplumes aren't they so fun to face?

jhaze

Aspiring Trainer
At a prerelease i ran a deck that was composed of 39 basic metal energies and 1 Ferroseed (self destruct) I lost every game except 1 where my opponet scooped after I mullagined over10 times.