Where to buy in USA?

RE: Buying Individual Packs Online

Dragonite★ said:
Does anyone know if dacardworld weighs their booster packs? Thinking about doing business with them..

It's hard to say with big companies like TnT, dacardworld, collectorscache because they buy booster packs from people and people often weigh their packs...

The only way you know you are not getting weighed packs is if you buy from someone you know who doesn't weigh on Ebay or another smaller online store.

I personally never buy loose packs online, I'd rather wait a few months to save up enough for a box.

I've heard it's possible to weigh boxes, but I'm not sure I believe it because of all the wrapping on the outside varying on each box...

How can you weigh a box? The number of holos and and ultra rares would be very inconsistent. I suppose you could go for the heaviest and end up with 14 foil cards instead of the usual 10-12 (btw this still makes me angry, 12 out of 36 is bull) but honestly i don't think it's really possible. Man they should just put the holo where the reverse is so no one can weigh anymore. End of story. But Cheapy McCheapokemon International don't want you to get a FOIL *and* a lame rare non holo that no one uses. That would cut them DEEP.

I have never bought packs from dacardworld but I've bought blisters and boxes. Pulls were good. But this was for the HS sets before they botched the pull rates.

Well if you look at some of the pull rates in the threads, they are all over the place...so if you used common sense and picked the heaviest box you could possible end up with 3-4 FA vs 0 FA.

Like I said before though, it seems almost impossible to do because of the variance in wrapping on the outside of a box. Then again I thought you couldn't weigh blisters but I was wrong there too after testing.

Well now... Guess that could be why some eBay sellers price boxes less than 90$... Can anyone confirm if cheap boxes get worse pulls?

MrSquarepants said:
Well now... Guess that could be why some eBay sellers price boxes less than 90$... Can anyone confirm if cheap boxes get worse pulls?

I don't think eBay users selling boxes are weighing them. That would just be TOO much haha

MrSquarepants said:

I have bought cheap boxes and had the same pulls as everyone else.

Loose Packs on Ebay

I just found what I think to be a great deal on ebay. 40 packs of the ex deoxys set for under 200$. However, individual packs of the set usually cost around 8$, and 8 x 40 is 320, 120$ more than that price. So I thought that the seller may have bought a lot of packs, weighed them, and is selling the bad ones. However, the three people who gave user feedback on that product all gave 5/5 stars. If these packs are legit, I would really like to buy them, as I am trying to pull my first gold star pokemon, and Ex deoxys has some of my favorite ex's and gold stars. Any advice?

Does anyone know about buying loose boosters from coolstuffinc?

Have some store credit from a a buy I did with them. Originally was gonna buy another tin or box, but could get more packs if I bought them loose?

Oh yeah, so this is why I NEVER get something good from a pack,

Why cant TPCi just add something in packs to prevent people from weighting them?

What would they add ?. You can't stop someone weighing something, as long as they have a weighing scale they can do it. You just have to deal with it, it's not a major problem. I am lucky as in the UK, any store that sells them has them behind the counter so you can't weigh. Online is a different matter.

Why couldn't store employees weight the packs for their own gain?

Well they are sold in book stores and Game stores. Most people have no interest for them that work there, plus Pokémon isn't really popular in the UK. Most stores stopped selling Pokémon cards, because no one buys them.

I spoke to a few comic book stores, and cards stores when I've been around the UK. They stock MTG, but not Pokémon. Most stopped a few years ago, because they put it simply no one buys them anymore. When the Pokémon TCG lost popularity in 2004, it affected the UK massively. It never recovered here.

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to make all the packs equal weight, all that would need to be added is a very little extra wrapping on packs that only contain reverse holos. Of course that will never happen but it is still possible to do.

Some card stores do weigh packs because they give them to customers who are frequent as bonuses, etc.

Yeah, we don't have any card stores near me. Very very few in this country. Hence if you want to buy anything more than a tin or a pack you need to buy online :/. I did find one card store. They were charging

£5 a pack
£20 a tin
£15 a deck

Terrible prices

TheTPCProductionz said:
Yeah, we don't have any card stores near me. Very very few in this country. Hence if you want to buy anything more than a tin or a pack you need to buy online :/. I did find one card store. They were charging

£5 a pack
£20 a tin
£15 a deck

Terrible prices

LOL, and I thought 4$ CAD a pack was a ripoff...

Really that's like £2.50, you know the last time a pack was going for £2.50 here ?. 2004, yeah almost 10 years ago. They sell for average £3.99 now, some places are nice and sell for £3.49.

That's about $6.33 Canadian Dollar, you should count yourself lucky.

I'm going to the states, for Christmas. Tampa, Florida to be exact, Pokémon is on my mind. Will be stocking up.

TheTPCProductionz said:

£5 a pack
£20 a tin
£15 a deck

Terrible prices

On my country(Costa Rica) they are really expensive as well. They charge(they charge in Colones, but in Dollars are):
$5 a Booster Pack(they don't sell individual packs, only from Booster Boxes).
$25 a tin.
$17 a deck
Over $20 on promo boxes(Legends of Justice costs $19 in here!!!).
It's really incredible how people try to make such a large profit and don't think about their costumers.

Well, it's profit. I can only assumed I am luckier than you, we have online stores that do offer great prices. It's more expensive for them to ship to Costa Rica, so I can imagine it costs more for them to import. Plus, the fact they need to make money.

ArceusTrainer said:
Oh yeah, so this is why I NEVER get something good from a pack,

Why cant TPCi just add something in packs to prevent people from weighting them?

Because they don't care about the secondary market. Once they sell the booster box to a distributor, they no longer care what happens to it.

Back