XY What new smaller details would you like to see? Things! Environment! Random events! Etc.

RE: What new smaller details would you like to see? Things! Environment! Random e...

98Greener said:
Gen 5 took a step in the right direction with the boulders being larger. Those things definitely looked like only your Pokemon could move them. So I say we take it a step further.

No, what really made Strength better this gen was that you needed to push them in holes, that has more potential for more interesting and challenging puzzles.

98Greener said:
1. Bigger, more realistic trees to cut. Also more cuttable trees. The only one that was actually needed to be cut in the last game was the one on Dreamyard. After that, you just were stuck with Cut until you got to the Move Deleter...

That's the point? They reduced the usage of Cut in 5th gen so you wouldn't be forced to keep that move around to progress. Honestly, I wouldn't miss Cut if it were removed completely, it's virtually useless both in the overworld and in battle.

98Greener said:
2. Diving spots, Waterfalls, and general water spots are all accessible with Surf. I don't like how you have to have three water HMs to go to specific areas. Shorten down the HM list!

Now I don't think we need to go this far, but I agree that having 3 Water HMs is annoying. Instead, they should simply downgrade Waterfall to TM and reduce its usage, Waterfall is another fairly useless HM in the overworld. As for Dive, it doesn't really need to be nerfed anymore, in fact I'd say they should probably use it a bit more than it is now.

Mitja said:
fixed.

Seriously... someone who makes hacked pokemon and puts them into the wrong ball, probably also screwed up the rest of origin/trainer data bad enough that you can smell it from farther away than their wifi reaches.

That is NO justification for missing out on a common-sense awesome new feature.
That's true, but don't forget that a lot of that information cannot be checked before a trade is done. It might be too late at that point. A Poké Ball is seen before the trade.

A nice way to solve this is by being able to switch the Poké Ball the Pokémon is in and also be able to see more details of a Pokémon before confirming the trade!

Drohn said:
Mitja said:
fixed.

Seriously... someone who makes hacked pokemon and puts them into the wrong ball, probably also screwed up the rest of origin/trainer data bad enough that you can smell it from farther away than their wifi reaches.

That is NO justification for missing out on a common-sense awesome new feature.
That's true, but don't forget that a lot of that information cannot be checked before a trade is done. It might be too late at that point. A Poké Ball is seen before the trade.

A nice way to solve this is by being able to switch the Poké Ball the Pokémon is in and also be able to see more details of a Pokémon before confirming the trade!

That is my point i have gotten hacks from gts without knowing the poke ball was wrong.
Plus then I actually couldn't mess up on accident.

Drohn said:

Yeah, there's no reason why the Summary screen shouldn't be viewable before making a trade, that alone would be extremely useful to detecting hacks. I've also gotten screwed a few times on the GTS because I couldn't look at the location data and see it was an obvious hack (for instance, one Pokemon I received from the GTS said it was obtained in the Pokemon League. Yeah, right). Not to mention that more discerning trainers looking for particular attributes such as natures, abilities, movesets, can sift through the results to find the ones that they want. These kinds of things need to be made available to prospective traders.

zappy800 said:
Drohn said:

That is my point i have gotten hacks from gts without knowing the poke ball was wrong.
Plus then I actually couldn't mess up on accident.

So let gamefreak fix that issue when they fix that issue. As Drohn said, have gamefreak make trades more transparent so you see data that actually points to hacks instead of having to rely on the hackers being dumb enough to already put the ball wrong.

Remove HMs entirely.
Water Pokemon can use Waterfall, Surf, and Dive outside of battle without having the move. Just by having the Water type they can use these abilities on the Overworld.
All Flying type Pokemon can use Fly.

Etc.

HMs are a part of the Pokémon series. They never bothered me that much. It allowed for complicated map layouts, areas couldn't be accessed without certain TMs. But when the games get as linear as BW I can see what makes them redundant. Cut, Fly, Surf, Strength, and Waterfall are a must I say. Rock Smash is acceptable as well. I never liked Dive, as three HMs is a little too much, Flash has never been a required HM so might as well be a TM, like it was in the past generation.

But no, I wouldn't remove HMs, they allowed for a better overworld gameplay, are mostly usable in battle as well, and aren't really something you should make a fuss about.

Pokequaza said:
HMs are a part of the Pokémon series. They never bothered me that much. It allowed for complicated map layouts, areas couldn't be accessed without certain TMs. But when the games get as linear as BW I can see what makes them redundant. Cut, Fly, Surf, Strength, and Waterfall are a must I say. Rock Smash is acceptable as well. I never liked Dive, as three HMs is a little too much, Flash has never been a required HM so might as well be a TM, like it was in the past generation.

But no, I wouldn't remove HMs, they allowed for a better overworld gameplay, are mostly usable in battle as well, and aren't really something you should make a fuss about.

IMO, HMs should be useful both inside and outside of battle, and most of them aren't. In battle, most of them are relatively strong, but they're also a limited variety of types which limits movesets. All but three of any HM that's ever existed is either Normal or Water (the only three that aren't are Rock Smash which is Fighting, and Fly and Defog which are Flying). There's less inclination to use them in battle if they're all the same two types.

Outside of battle, they need to be used as more than just simple obstacles. A lot of the HMs are simply used to clear a random obstacle that for whatever weird reason happens to be right smack in the middle of where you need to go. It is highly annoying to have to sacrifice room in your party or moveset just to pass this obstacle. The more useful HMs, however, have much more interesting uses. Surf and Dive allow for different methods of transportation and encountering wild Pokemon. Fly allows you instant transportation to designated "safe" areas (mainly cities) to rest and prepare for your next task. Strength adds a puzzle element, and in 5th gen it includes the ability to permanently open shortcuts to new areas once you visit them your first time (example: a boulder on Rt. 13 in Black 2 allows you a quick trip between Giant Chasm and Lacunosa Town, but is only accessible after visiting Giant Chasm from Rt. 22). The other HMs need to start adding new mechanics to them to reach a similar level of usefulness.

Anyway, here's what I think they should do:

-Retype Cut to Grass or Steel or something, and either make Cut more useful (possibly for cutting more than just trees, like ropes or something?) or just remove it as an HM.
-Exploring the skies with Fly would be nice. Not necessary, but nice.
-Keep Surf and Strength the way they are.
-Bring back explorable underwater and underwater Pokemon for Dive (I have a feeling this is happening this game, fortunately).
-Downgrade Waterfall to TM. To prevent the player from being trapped, also make it so that Waterfalls can be ridden downwards without knowing the move again (IIRC, they did this in 2nd and/or 3rd gen), and that no Waterfall is required to be ridden upwards to return to the main path.
-Make Dig an HM, and give it a new use. Make it so Dig can now be used to dig holes in certain rock walls, floors, etc.
-If Rock Smash is ever brought back as an HM, it needs to be powered up big time. Giving it a base power of 20-40 makes it a waste of a move, it should be at least 60. Not really sure how to improve its field usage, but HGSS is a good place to start.
-More HMs of various types. Fire, Ice, Psychic, and Electric would be good candidates for new HM types. There's several things that can be done with these types in terms of field usage, burning/melting/freezing things, lava surfing, levitating/psychically manipulating objects, and charging up electrical objects are all good HM concepts.
-Keep Flash as a TM, it's fine exactly the way it is.
-Whirlpool would be fine to have occasionally, but not as an HM. It was fairly useless in GSCHGSS, but the way it was implemented in HGSS (where you simply crossover to the opposite side of it) is useful for water mazes.
-Defog should never be brought back.
-Rock Climb is better off done through either the Bike or a rideable Pokemon, making it an HM is somewhat unnecessary.

HM's are better of being changed to TM's in my opinion. The not being able to forget part of the HM's causes too much problems. It would be easier if they were TM's, the only problem I can think of is eventually traded pokemon that already know the moves in early games, but they can restrict the trade of pokemon with specific moves, such as surf.

A side-quest where you get a syringe that makes your Pokémon shiny, one-time use, and the quest can only be done once.

The Pokémon is marked with a special marker, saying that it is genetically modified, and this can't be used on legendaries. That would've been cool.

I just want the ability for Pokémon to regularly evolve in battle instead of post-battle. That would just be awesome to have someone say that you can't beat them then have your magikarp evolve into a huge snake like thing (gyrados)

totodilefan31601 said:
I just want the ability for Pokémon to regularly evolve in battle instead of post-battle that would just be awesome to have someone say that you can't beat them then have your magikarp evolve into a huge snake like thing(gyrados)

This is a great idea! It happens in the anime all the time, and it seems like a fairly easy change to make, given all the complex battle mechanics they've been able to pull off.

totodilefan31601 said:
I just want the ability for Pokémon to regularly evolve in battle instead of post-battle that would just be awesome to have someone say that you can't beat them then have your magikarp evolve into a huge snake like thing(gyrados)

Do....do you realize how awesome that woulc be!?
That would make my battling experiences so much better.
I can imagine it now...

"Oh no! It looks like 98's Dewott took quite a hit from that last Mach Punch! This may be the end fo-"
*Dewott starts to glow*
"Huh?! What's this?"
*Dewott evolves into Samurott*
*crowd cheers*
"Amazing! Dewott evolved into Samurott! It looks like the show will go on!"

That would make me so happy...

98Greener said:
totodilefan31601 said:

I can imagine it now...

"Oh no! It looks like 98's Dewott took quite a hit from that last Mach Punch! This may be the end fo-"
*Dewott starts to glow*
"Huh?! What's this?"
*crowd cheers*

That will never happen, unless they develop some kind of "dramatic timing" algorythm. the only possibility is evolving after defeating a pokemon and before the replacement.

Guys if you remember in Pokemon Fire red and R/S/E you'd always hear a random cry of a pokemon you can encounter in a specific route or cave like exploring a cave then you hear Zubat's cry that was really cool !! I'd love to see this little thing coming back in Pokemon X and Y , just think about it you're in a creepy mansion then you hear the cry of a ghost type pokemon that would be awesome and scary as hell xD !!!

I noticed some concern about hacked Pokemon on the previous page and wanted to say that on the page for Pokemon Bank/Poke Transporter they specifically said that Pokemon created with third-party software wouldn't transfer. Not sure how far-reaching their hack detection is, but we'll have a pretty darn clear slate for X & Y. I vote yes on swapping Poke Balls, even if it would weird me out at first.

RE: Your hopes for 6th generation?

Here's a list of hopes.

-Fishing
-Berry Planting
-Diving
-Difficulty Settings (EX. In the options there are three difficulties: Easy, Medium, and Hard. Every time it rises trainer's Pokemon are stronger and you don't earn as much money as you would on a different difficulty.)
-Big map
-Long story
-Good story
-Randomized Item Placements (EX. It gets boring when the same exact items are always in the same place and you can just look up where items are on the internet. I think items should never be in the same place twice every single saved file)
-Multiple Save File Slots

Proceeded said:
Here's a list of hopes.

-Fishing
-Berry Planting
-Diving
-Difficulty Settings (EX. In the options there are three difficulties: Easy, Medium, and Hard. Every time it rises trainer's Pokemon are stronger and you don't earn as much money as you would on a different difficulty.)
-Big map
-Long story
-Good story
-Randomized Item Placements (EX. It gets boring when the same exact items are always in the same place and you can just look up where items are on the internet. I think items should never be in the same place twice every single saved file)

There was an interview long time ago that confirmed there will never be multiple save files in Pokemons main games

scattered mind said:
Proceeded said:
Here's a list of hopes.

-Fishing
-Berry Planting
-Diving
-Big map
-Long story
-Good story

There was an interview long time ago that confirmed there will never be multiple save files in Pokemons main games

In times of Pokémon Bank and Mover, multiple save files will be absolutely unnecessary, so yeah, I don't blame them.

98Greener said:
totodilefan31601 said:

I can imagine it now...

*Dewott starts to glow*
"Huh?! What's this?"
*crowd cheers*

Oh gosh... just imagine the goose bumbs you would get. *.*

I'm sure that someone somewhere in this thread has already posted this, but the only thing I REALLY want in this game is a weight and height scale in comparison to your player character like they had in HGSS. I love seeing how big pokemon are in comparison to someone around my size.
And maybe for something that hasn't been done (or at least not to my knowledge) have pokemon sounds or "lights" in the wild. Like when you enter a forest, it would be cool to hear the sounds of Kricketot if you can catch them in that area, or if you're travelling around at night and you enter a forest where you can catch some sort of glowing pokemon, like you could see little specks of light flash through the bushes.

Back