XY What new smaller details would you like to see? Things! Environment! Random events! Etc.

I don't know if this counts as a small detail, but can we get some epic cutscenes for legendary Pokemon encounters?? That would make so many of my poke-fanboy dreams come true!!

TheRoyalXerneas said:
I don't know if this counts as a small detail, but can we get some epic cutscenes for legendary Pokemon encounters?? That would make so many of my poke-fanboy dreams come true!!

I agree! Maybe for all Legendaries!

I'd love if something like Latios and Latias that are Roaming Pokémon kind of poked out of the grass then a cutscene shows them flying onto the screen and battling you. I definitely want something like this!

What new smaller details would you like to see? Things! Environment! Random eve

s2daam said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:

I agree! Maybe for all Legendaries!

I'd love if something like Latios and Latias that are Roaming Pokémon kind of poked out of the grass then a cutscene shows them flying onto the screen and battling you. I definitely want something like this!

We kind of had this already didn't we? For example, just before you battle Zekrom/Reshiram there's a short cutscene in BW2. (Can't remember if there are others though...)

Probably will happen if it has happened already! :)

I would like to see X&Y implement a more 'Life-like' quality to the NPCs/Trainers wandering around. Like what they do during day, walk around, eat, go in and out of buildings; just general life things instead of walking back and forth in the same direction like a robot. With that I'd also like to see that you could actually hang out with a gym leader or just trainers after a battle; where you can just a sit-down, chill and observe the surroundings; kind of like how some video game RPG's, or Action/Adventure games let you do.

Also, when you use a pokemon to fly, swim, use rock climb, etc. actually show them doing the move instead of just a generic animation sequence. As mentioned here already in this thread, if I'm gonna 'Fly' somewhere, let me see where I'm going and maybe control it a little bit; even if only for a short time in the distance it takes to get from point A to B.

Lastly, though some might disagree, I like the idea of having in-game friends to go on an adventure with (ex: Pokemon Black&White and B2&W2) though the old way of just you and your pokemon was good too, that always felt kind of lonely.

Also, raining is constant in battles! I love this! Hopefully other weather conditions continue the trend.

I don't know if this has been mentioned...but I REALLY hope that they FINALLY allow you to pick your own Pokeball of choice after any egg hatches.
It's kind of lame to always have such badass breed Pokemon being simply in a regular Pokeball.
I want my Froakie-breeded-EV-trained-badass in a DIVEBALL! >_<

b2j135 said:
I don't know if this has been mentioned...but I REALLY hope that they FINALLY allw you to pick your own Pokeball of choice after any egg hatches.
It's kind of lame to always have such badass breed Pokemon being simply in a regular Pokeball.
I was my Froakie-breed-EV-trained-badass in a DIVEBALL! >_<

Where did you learn that?

DrEspeon said:
b2j135 said:
I don't know if this has been mentioned...but I REALLY hope that they FINALLY allw you to pick your own Pokeball of choice after any egg hatches.
I was my Froakie-breed-EV-trained-badass in a DIVEBALL! >_<

Where did you learn that?

what do you mean?

b2j135 said:
I don't know if this has been mentioned...but I REALLY hope that they FINALLY allow you to pick your own Pokeball of choice after any egg hatches.

That would be awesome! But you have to keep in mind that the Pokeball your hatched Pokemon comes in isn't taken from your own bag. Otherwise, what would happen if your Pokemon hatched, and all you had was a Masterball? Whoops.

It seems like the Pokeball that it comes in is given to you by the Day Care Man (though this is never stated in-game), and it makes sense that they would only give out regular Pokeballs, since they're the cheapest.

I don't see them changing this, unless they make it so that you can't hatch your Pokemon unless you have a Pokeball to put it in. I'd really love to put my Honchkrow in a Dusk Ball...

Tatertot said:
b2j135 said:

That would be awesome! But you have to keep in mind that the Pokeball your hatched Pokemon comes in isn't taken from your own bag. Otherwise, what would happen if your Pokemon hatched, and all you had was a Masterball? Whoops.

It seems like the Pokeball that it comes in is given to you by the Day Care Man (though this is never stated in-game), and it makes sense that they would only give out regular Pokeballs, since they're the cheapest.

I don't see them changing this, unless they make it so that you can't hatch your Pokemon unless you have a Pokeball to put it in. I'd really love to put my Honchkrow in a Dusk Ball...

If could by default if you have NO balls or don't want to use anything but a Pokeball...will give you the default Pokeball like always :p

And I mean c'mon...if you can't afford regular pokeballs...something is severely wrong with you

b2j135 said:
Tatertot said:

If could by default if you have NO balls or don't want to use anything but a Pokeball...will give you the default Pokeball like always :p

And I mean c'mon...if you can't afford regular pokeballs...something is severely wrong with you

Just thought of a way to implement this
-Egg hatches
-Nickname
-Option comes up: put Pokemon in a special Pokeball? If yes, it goes to the Pokeball section of the bag and you choose from there. If no, it just goes in a regular old Pokeball.

On an unrelated note, I'm hoping that trainers other than yourself and your group of rivals have access to the 3 starters. I mean, not so many trainers so that the game would be saturated with the starters and their evolutions, but a few other trainers here and there should have a starter as well. It's implausible that you and your group of friends are the only people in the whole region that are on a journey and have starters!

What new smaller details would you like to see? Things! Environment! Random e...

Can't really say that much.
All these ideas you guys are coming up with are pretty cool. I do have a few requests though.

I wanted large cliffs so it could be more realistic, but we all know that with Skiddo...*sigh*

Gen 5 took a step in the right direction with the boulders being larger. Those things definitely looked like only your Pokemon could move them. So I say we take it a step further.

1. Bigger, more realistic trees to cut. Also more cuttable trees. The only one that was actually needed to be cut in the last game was the one on Dreamyard. After that, you just were stuck with Cut until you got to the Move Deleter...

2. Diving spots, Waterfalls, and general water spots are all accessible with Surf. I don't like how you have to have three water HMs to go to specific areas. Shorten down the HM list!

3. Choose an area to battle in Wi-Fi. Battle Revolution had a feature where you and the other player would choose an arena throughout the game map. And then it would be selected randomly. I'm a bit tired of fighting in a white facility. I'm glad that we can choose our music though. If we can choose music, why not arena?

Id like to see the Season system back, but more drastic, like Icirrus City but have every location in the game affected as dramatically as that Gen 5 location was. So basically Like Zelda Oracle of Seasons type of changes in every area of the game from season to season.

P.DelSlayer said:
b2j135 said:

-Egg hatches
-Nickname
-Option comes up: put Pokemon in a special Pokeball? If yes, it goes to the Pokeball section of the bag and you choose from there. If no, it just goes in a regular old Pokeball.

Ill take the idea a bit further and just say- we should be able to switch Pokemon between any Pokeball at any time, except in the instance of Cherish Ball or perhaps events(IE: Blazikenite Torchic). You caught a really awesome Pokemon, but only had Ultra Balls at the time and you want to switch it over to a ball that has a better color scheme or effect for said Pokemon- just do it. The ball you switched it out of would be "lost" or destroyed in the transfer, but they should DEFINITELY implement this.

NoDice said:
P.DelSlayer said:
-Egg hatches
-Nickname

Ill take the idea a bit further and just say- we should be able to switch Pokemon between any Pokeball at any time, except in the instance of Cherish Ball or perhaps events(IE: Blazikenite Torchic). You caught a really awesome Pokemon, but only had Ultra Balls at the time and you want to switch it over to a ball that has a better color scheme or effect for said Pokemon- just do it. The ball you switched it out of would be "lost" or destroyed in the transfer, but they should DEFINITELY implement this.
I would love that but then it would be harder to spot hacked mons. :(

zappy800 said:
NoDice said:
I would love that but then it would be harder to spot hacked mons. :(

Thats true, but if they implement transfers, we are going to be flooded with Gen 5 and earlier hacked mons anyways. Im against the implementation of transfers, as Id like a FRESH start, and currently there are no devices that can hack 3DS games, but also I was the first (I think) to suggest (in the backwards compatibility thread)that transferred mons be banned from GTS/WIFI (random match and ranked match) which would completely curb the hacked mon problem.

zappy800 said:
NoDice said:
I would love that but then it would be harder to spot hacked mons which an amateur hacker was dumb enough to put into a suspicious ball. :(

fixed.

Seriously... someone who makes hacked pokemon and puts them into the wrong ball, probably also screwed up the rest of origin/trainer data bad enough that you can smell it from farther away than their wifi reaches.

That is NO justification for missing out on a common-sense awesome new feature.

Back