XY What new smaller details would you like to see? Things! Environment! Random events! Etc.

RE: Your hopes for 6th generation?

Cinesra said:
Chatot's not going to evolve because it's a gimmick Pokemon and they never evolve. Chatot only exists to show off the DS's microphone feature with Chatter.

Also, Chatot is the only Pokémon which can learn Chatter, not even Smeargle can learn it via Sketch. This is because Chatter activates an altered recorded soundtrack, and changes all instances in which normally the default sound is used to the altered soundtrack, until it is reset by placing Chatot in a box. The mechanics behind this are more complicated than it seems. Of course, I am sure GameFreak would be able to make an evolution that can do the same, but this is such an unique feature, and since these ''show-off'' Pokémon do not tend to evolve, I do not think Chatot will evolve either.

PellOfTheTundra said:
1. New evolutions. There is no doubt new evos will happen, but those? I mean, you gave Muk an evo but not Weezing? You gave Tauros an evo but not Miltank?

Dusclops got an evo and Banette didn't.

Speaking of evolutions with changing types, they should make Volbeat and Illumise evos which become Bug/Electric. Bug/Flying is too generic and bad a type combo.

PellOfTheTundra said:
5. Large region isn't new. Hoenn was quite large, as was Sinnoh.

Fixed. Johto isn't large at all, it's also pathetically small like Unova. Besides, who cares that it's nothing new? It's still something that needs to happen, Unova's regional design is pathetic, especially by modern standards.

PellOfTheTundra said:
7. Actual fly. I can see this in kind of a Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 style, but catching pokemon while flying is unnecessary as many people won't want random duckletts wasting their time while trying to go to "X" Town. I know you didn't say that idea, but anyone THINKING IT, shtahp.

Not a problem. It'd be like Ranger, you can still use it to warp to towns instantly, you'd only end up encountering Pokemon if you want or need to fly somewhere manually.

PellOfTheTundra said:
9. Pokemon cries. No. There is no need for revamped cries as revamping 695 cries is a lot if wasted time they could spend on gameplay. Besides, who doesn't know Pikachu's cry, or Hippopotas's?

Actually, there is one good reason, they should change the cries for Pokemon that have identical cries to other ones (Ditto and Poliwag, Machop and Omanyte, Slowbro and Machamp, etc)

PellOfTheTundra said:
10. Dark Gym. Oh, Fighting is so strong and common already, let's make a Gym it can decimate instantly!

There's plenty of Normal and Rock type gyms and Fighting already decimates those. Why should Dark be any different?

My Top 5 Hopes for X and Y

5. Druddigon Pre Evolution
A Druddigon pre evolution is a widely speculated theory, and I would like it. Druddigon's pre evolution could be something like a baby dragon with small undeveloped wings and a all red body with tiny spikes

4. Not many legendaries
I dont want to see 1 million legends in a game. Legendary Pokemon are suposed to be rare, so I would be fairly disapointed if there were around 15 legendaries. I liked Generation 2, when they had The two main legendaries, a trio, and an event pokemon.

3. Bring back trainers
Some trainers from previous generations, like bird catchers, fire breathers, bug catchers, etc. should be implemented into the game. I think the grass/bug area would be a good place for a bug catcher for sure.

2. A shake up in elite four types
We are all used to seeing the normal types for the elite four. Psychic, Dark, Fighting, Etc. What about using something like Water, Fire, Grass, and Electric? Maybe Ice,Dragon,Steel, and Normal? Rock, Bug, Flying and Water?

1. The champion's main Pokemon is a shiny pokemon.
Well, we have never seen this before, but what is the champion's main Pokemon could be a shiny? It would show that you are not the only one with a shiny in the game, and it could also monavate the player to look for a shiny pokemon post-game.

Those are my top 5 hopes for Pokemon X and Y.

Reggie McGigas said:
Well, we have never seen this before, but what is the champion's main Pokemon could be a shiny? It would show that you are not the only one with a shiny in the game, and it could also monavate the player to look for a shiny pokemon post-game.

That's actually a really cool idea, and it would set the Champion apart from the other Champions. I'd like to see that too.
---

The main thing I'm hoping for is for something like VS. Seeker, or a game-wide increase in the ability to re-battle trainers / Gym Leaders. Being able to re-battle trainers / Leaders is something I really enjoyed. From the standpoint of the trainers, it made going back to certain Routes a whole lot more enjoyable and made the game feel more "full," whereas the Gym Leaders provided some high-level opponents that made getting certain Pokémon to Lv.100 much, much easier. The fourth Generation handled this feature the best, in my opinion - Platinum's approach to re-battling Gym Leaders was the most enjoyable for me, and of course the inclusion of the VS. Seeker was deeply appreciated.

Xous said:
Reggie McGigas said:

That's actually a really cool idea, and it would set the Champion apart from the other Champions. I'd like to see that too.
---

The main thing I'm hoping for is for something like VS. Seeker, or a game-wide increase in the ability to re-battle trainers / Gym Leaders. Being able to re-battle trainers / Leaders is something I really enjoyed. From the standpoint of the trainers, it made going back to certain Routes a whole lot more enjoyable and made the game feel more "full," whereas the Gym Leaders provided some high-level opponents that made getting certain Pokémon to Lv.100 much, much easier. The fourth Generation handled this feature the best, in my opinion - Platinum's approach to re-battling Gym Leaders was the most enjoyable for me, and of course the inclusion of the VS. Seeker was deeply appreciated.

Wow! The almighty Xous agrees with me! The VS. Seeker would be pretty neat. I would enjoy a rebattle with the gym leaders, something I sorely missed in the original BW. Even though we had the Pokemon World Tournament, I would prefer an acutal battle where you can gain EXP and level up. I do think the PWT was a good way to battle champions though.

Reggie McGigas said:
5. Druddigon Pre Evolution
A Druddigon pre evolution is a widely speculated theory, and I would like it. Druddigon's pre evolution could be something like a baby dragon with small undeveloped wings and a all red body with tiny spikes

Id like it, especially if it was obtainable around say 3rd-4th gym

Druddigon is pretty strong in terms of base stat total, but what ya think about them doing a "Scizor" with it?...which reminds me, a Dragon+Steel that isn't legendary would be interesting (unless they use that for pseudo-legend, but I think we're in for something non-Dragon this time again ala Tyranitar/Metagross)

Reggie McGigas said:
4. Not many legendaries
I dont want to see 1 million legends in a game. Legendary Pokemon are suposed to be rare, so I would be fairly disapointed if there were around 15 legendaries. I liked Generation 2, when they had The two main legendaries, a trio, and an event

They've been holding to that pretty much like a tradition tho o.o

Just look at BW, in the story, you encounter:
-each musketer (the trio)
-a roaming kami (the extra)
-your dragon to fight Ns (the main legend)

the difference in numbers only stands out when you consider all the factors they use to prolong the post-game and the generation:
-sequel legendary
-post game extras
-version exclusives
-events
and even moreso:
-including a good amount of old legendaries to renew their accessibility in the current generation

I don't have a problem with those, as most of the extra legends are interesting additions to shake up and add diversity to the upper tiers of the competitive metagame. You gotta look at them as additions of a handful of pseudo-legends without using up as much dex space xD

Reggie McGigas said:

Good one!

Or any other visual feature they might add.
Ive been wodnering since spiky-eared Pichu whether they would expand on that by introducing minor design changes for most pokemon, which could be say as rare as shininess but highly breedable or something O:

Mitja said:
Reggie McGigas said:
4. Not many legendaries
I dont want to see 1 million legends in a game. Legendary Pokemon are suposed to be rare, so I would be fairly disapointed if there were around 15 legendaries. I liked Generation 2, when they had The two main legendaries, a trio, and an event

They've been holding to that pretty much like a tradition tho o.o

Just look at BW, in the story, you encounter:
-each musketer (the trio)
-a roaming kami (the extra)
-your dragon to fight Ns (the main legend)

the difference in numbers only stands out when you consider all the factors they use to prolong the post-game and the generation:
-sequel legendary
-post game extras
-version exclusives
-events
and even moreso:
-including a good amount of old legendaries to renew their accessibility in the current generation

I don't have a problem with those, as most of the extra legends are interesting additions to shake up and add diversity to the upper tiers of the competitive metagame. You gotta look at them as additions of a handful of pseudo-legends without using up as much dex space xD

Thanks for your feedback. I can see where you are coming from on the part about a small amount of legendaries.

Well I would like some of the older legendaries, I was just mentioning in terms of new legendaries. Pokemon like Cresselia, Raikou, Entei, ans Suicicune would fit here.

About doing your Steelix/Siczor Method on Druddigon

I can see that happening, due to the spikes on Druddigon's body. They could turn in to steel. However, I'm not sure if it will happen. I didn't really consider it until you brought it up. Though I could see a pokemon like Crustle being a Bug/Steel type.

Mitja said:
Druddigon is pretty strong in terms of base stat total, but what ya think about them doing a "Scizor" with it?...which reminds me, a Dragon+Steel that isn't legendary would be interesting (unless they use that for pseudo-legend, but I think we're in for something non-Dragon this time again ala Tyranitar/Metagross)

In terms of rearranging its stats? That could be neat, they could probably lower its Attack stat and bulk up its Defense and Special Defense, that'd be awesome.

A Girafarig evolution or something that will be psychic/dark. Also, I would love a Pinsir evo.

raboyto said:
A Girafarig evolution or something that will be psychic/dark. Also, I would love a Pinsir evo.

I really don't have any issues with Girafarig but I like the idea!

*fingers crossed*

Though, its evolution's probably more uglier than the previous one...

Edit: Wait, Double weakness to Bug and lose immunity to ghost-type moves. Mmhmm, Yeah no.

Since they didn't make Gothitelle Psychic/Dark I'm kinda worried they just won't make the combination at all.

jynxed said:
Since they didn't make Gothitelle Psychic/Dark I'm kinda worried they just won't make the combination at all.

Gothitelle line didn't need to be Dark anyway. goth =/= evil

jynxed said:

I feel you on that, I'm just assuming giraf will get an evo that will be dark/psychic because he learns crunch :D

I think there needs to be a legitimate story. BW and BW2 were a step in the right direction, but it was still forgettable—to me, at least. In BW2, the story is virtually nonexistent for the first half~ of the game... unless I'm supposed to consider running into Colress in a sewer and feeling Hugh's rage all the time a story.

If there's one thing the anime gets right, it's making each Pokemon feel like an actual character with a personality. Imagine that in the games. A Lucario sacrificing himself to save the world, or a prideful Charizard... just imagine. Even in HG/SS, turning around and talking to my Pokemon made me feel more attached to it. But look, BW has absolutely nothing of that sort.

Sigh. We can dream, right?

raboyto said:
jynxed said:

I feel you on that, I'm just assuming giraf will get an evo that will be dark/psychic because he learns crunch :D

there is tons of pokemon who learn several Dark moves moves and even look mean but aren't Dark (look at some of these learnsets: Gengar, Feraligatr, Granbull, Seviper, Huntail, Glalie, Luxray, Basculin, Druddigon..), so gamefreak seems to go easy on handing it out like candy across the nationaldex.
Then again, the same could be said for something like Poison (but at least that had its huge roll in gen I)

But yeah, Girafarig could be more appropriate than those examples though, what with the whole two-sides thing...heck if I had to guess its type Id say Normal/Dark before I'd think of Normal/Psychic.

However, I see another even more justified one than Girafarig:

Mawile

I mean does it get any more sneakier than having a huge trap monster mouth on your backside??? xD
No idea why they didn't go Steel/Dark there seriously.

there is tons of pokemon who learn several Dark moves moves and even look mean but aren't Dark (look at some of these learnsets: Gengar, Feraligatr, Granbull, Seviper, Huntail, Glalie, Luxray, Basculin, Druddigon..), so gamefreak seems to go easy on handing it out like candy across the nationaldex.
Then again, the same could be said for something like Poison (but at least that had its huge roll in gen I)

But yeah, Girafarig could be more appropriate than those examples though, what with the whole two-sides thing...heck if I had to guess its type Id say Normal/Dark before I'd think of Normal/Psychic.

However, I see another even more justified one than Girafarig:

Mawile

I mean does it get any more sneakier than having a huge trap monster mouth on your backside??? xD
[/quote]

I can definitely see mawile being dark, but it isn't necessay. It's like wobbuffet but the opposite, it uses its dummy as a threat instead of a shield. But, intimidate definitely seems to be more of a dark type ability (mighty,honch,and scrafty) or powerhouse (gyrados and salamence, coincidentally both have moxie too). So dark type is possible.

But, for crunch to be Girafaring's last move is so skeptical for it's typing. But, multiple normal pokemon learn crunch so whatever. I think dark/psychic would be a crazy typing because only bug would be SE against it.

Mitja said:

Mawile is Steel, and Steel being the most resisted type. Sableye on the other hand is Dark/Ghost, the combination that has no weaknesses. I think GameFreak wanted this balance of having one Pokémon that resists a lot, and one that does not necessarily resist a lot, but has no weaknesses.

Guys here are some more things I am hoping for in X and Y.

A Steel Type Fossil Pokemon
More Pokemon Like Spiky Eared Pichu
Move Tutors
Fennekin's Final Evolution is NOT NOT NOT Fire/Fighting
Customizable Outfits

Here is my most intresting want so I'll describe it.
A Pokemon Trading Station

Well, It would be cool if in the game around the last gym leader there is a station in the game where you put one pokemon in, and you trade that pokemon for a random Pokemon that isn't in the game. Example, let's say Klang, Golbat, Spinda, Riolu, Flaffy, and Torkal are not in the game. You can put in a Pokemon (For instance Sylveon) and one of the Pokemon above will be randomly selected. Let's say Riolu is selected, so then the game automatically trades Your Sylveon for the owner of the station's Riolu. Now, the cool thing about the Pokemon you get (In this case Riolu) will get it's hidden ability (In this case prankster). However, this might seem broken, so the Pokemon you are trading must be at least level 60 or up.

Do you like my hopes? I wont get my hopes up but still, Gamefreak is unpredectable so who knows what will happen.

Back