XY What new smaller details would you like to see? Things! Environment! Random events! Etc.

RE: Your hopes for 6th generation?

Mitja said:
However, I see another even more justified one than Girafarig:

Mawile

I mean does it get any more sneakier than having a huge trap monster mouth on your backside??? xD
No idea why they didn't go Steel/Dark there seriously.

Steel/Dark wouldn't really benefit Mawile that much, seeing as it gains a double weakness to Fighting.

But maybe they could give it to a Mawile evo, which may very well happen considering a Sableye evo is being hinted at.

Psychic and/or Psychic/???-types with an ability that provides the user an immunity to one of its weaknesses.

Humans does have fears, however they posses the ability to overcome their fears. Psychic-types should do the same, no?

A dark type gym and that Pokemon are actually rendered when using surf/fly/rock climb, instead of that strange blue-black blob thing before. I figure that it would be easier because all Pokemon will have full models instead of sprite, so you could just export the model or something. Also, I hope that they keep the hexagon theme for GUIs and such, it was such a small detail, but I really liked it.

CyberCat5555 said:
Also, I hope that they keep the hexagon theme for GUIs and such, it was such a small detail, but I really liked it.

What hexagon theme?

Bolt the Cat said:
CyberCat5555 said:
Also, I hope that they keep the hexagon theme for GUIs and such, it was such a small detail, but I really liked it.

What hexagon theme?
Like I said, it was very subtle, but it was there. Look at these to see what I mean-
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a5/Reshiram_Box.jpg
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:BW4_Blister_Luxio.jpg
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:M16_teaser_poster.png
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/7/73/CGear_Online.jpg
I don't have any pictures of it, but also all the attack buttons as well as the "run" "Pokemon" and "bag" option buttons (in both BW and B2W2) and several other countless menus use this theme.

PellOfTheTundra said:
10. Dark Gym. Oh, Fighting is so strong and common already, let's make a Gym it can decimate instantly!
Decimate is wrong. Surely you mean devastate, destroy, etc.
If it were to be decimated, your entire team will not even be able to defeat a single pokemon (assuming the leader has 4+ pokemon). Deci- means .1, or 10%. Deci- is a prefix to the base of decimate.

Now, as for more hopes: I swear, if they don't implement better HM usage animations, I'm
clubbing a baby seal.

Haunted Water said:
Decimate is wrong. Surely you mean devastate, destroy, etc.
If it were to be decimated, your entire team will not even be able to defeat a single pokemon (assuming the leader has 4+ pokemon). Deci- means .1, or 10%. Deci- is a prefix to the base of decimate.

Decimate can mean to kill, destroy, or remove a large percentage of.

I'd certainly like to see really cool designs for the new gyms and gym leaders. And while they're at it, they need to work on the battle music for gyms, legendary Pokemon, and pretty much every other type of unique battle. The music from Gen V was horrible for the most part, although it got a little better in BW2.

I just had a new idea: Maybe there could be Stage 4 Pokemon. That would be EPIC.

SheNinja said:
I just had a new idea: Maybe there could be Stage 4 Pokemon. That would be EPIC.

That probably won't work. They're aren't really many Stage 3 Pokemon that are weak enough to get an evolution (or at least base stat wise). They might be able to get away with rearranging stats, but IDK.

Forgive if this has been posted before (as I have not read the whole thread) but, I would like to see Pokemon be able to Evolve during a battle.

Brave Vesperia said:
Forgive if this has been posted before (as I have not read the whole thread) but, I would like to see Pokemon be able to Evolve during a battle.

That... that would be awesome. They can learn moves in the middle of a battle, so evolving really isn't that much of a stretch.

raboyto said:
jynxed said:
Since they didn't make Gothitelle Psychic/Dark I'm kinda worried they just won't make the combination at all.

I feel you on that, I'm just assuming giraf will get an evo that will be dark/psychic because he learns crunch :D
There are plenty of Pokemon that can learn crunch, but are not dark type.
One that comes right to my mind is Blastoise.

Brave Vesperia said:
That would be really interesting.
It would make the games more like the anime.

Alix Rooker said:
raboyto said:
I feel you on that, I'm just assuming giraf will get an evo that will be dark/psychic because he learns crunch :D
There are plenty of Pokemon that can learn crunch, but are not dark type.
One that comes right to my mind is Blastoise.

Brave Vesperia said:
That would be really interesting.
It would make the games more like the anime.

Blastoise does not learn Crunch, but plenty of other non-Dark-type Pokémon do though.

The anime is based of the games, and there are an independent company, it would not make sense to base the games of things that the anime has come up with. (the exception being Pokémon Yellow, but this was more a way of promoting Pokémon back in the days when it actually needed it)

I hope for an actual dark gym leader and more dark type pokemon i am sick of them only being placed in the elite four positions and maybe some more bug type pokemon or have the champion have some kind of bug type pokemon on there team

choji147 said:
I hope for an actual dark gym leader and more dark type pokemon i am sick of them only being placed in the elite four positions and maybe some more bug type pokemon or have the champion have some kind of bug type pokemon on there team

Ummm, we just had the most bug infested generation to date! (and barely any crappy ones too)
12%, which is like every 8th pokemon being a Bug type.

Not to mention Alder, the initial champion, was a Bug-user more than anything else.

I think its time Ice was made more "casual" instead of always some hidden away barely Ice-looking pokemon in the last corner of the region.
Unova was a step in this direction, but three pure lines and none of them with a progressing evolutionary design.

Ya know, a proper lvl-evo three stage that just looks freakin cool. Like Aggron did for Steel, Ampharos for Electric... I guess Walrein actually did that already, but being a Water combo made it rather plain.

RE: What new smaller details would you like to see? Things! Environment! Random events! Etc

I think a more realistic approach to seasons should be in order. Not everything freezes over. So keeping THAT in particular as it is (Only certain parts of the region in snow.) Everything would cool down though. So Pokemon that like cold coming out more often...especially at night where it cools down even further. So let's say everytime it's Winter the mountains are covered in snow as well as North-Northeast towns/cities in snow. But places in West or South...no snow....but different varieties of Pokemon show up. Like for example let's say Chatot and Spearow show up in North all year long except Winter and you'll find they are now in Southern/Western routes/areas. I'd also like for more Icy cave/mountain areas too....they are usually fun.

*revives*

RE: What new smaller details would you like to see? Things! Environment! Random events! Etc

In regards to seasons, I think the biggest problem is that they last too long. 3 months is way too long to wait just to get a certain Pokemon or a particular area. Now, they could in theory just shorten the season length to say, one week or something, but that's fairly unrealistic, so instead I think they should tie those changes to weather instead of seasons. Many of the changes could be easily translated into weather based ones (winter based changes would obviously be tied to Hail, Sunny Day and Rain can affect water level like in Castelia Sewers, and Sandstorm can cause sand to pile up like the leaves on Rt. 20).

Starboard Driger said:
c6wgRMk.png

Better yet, just remove the Withdraw and Deposit options, they're redundant.

Back