XY What Current Pokémon / Moves Would You Like To See Changed into a Fairy-type? Why?

RE: What current Pokémon would you like to see changed into Fairy-type? What moves?

Sky Pillar said:
Palkia rules over space where psychic-types like Deoxys and lunatone come from but its not psychic either.
Palkia rules not over space as in outer space with planets and such but over the physical concept of space 3d space.

I would be really surprised if clefairy and most others from the fairy egg group don't get retyped or at least have fairy added to their types.

RE: What current Pokémon would you like to see changed into Fairy-type? What moves?

I think many Pokémon of the Fairy egg group have potential to gain it as a type, except the Pikachu evolutionary line (although I could be wrong). The Hoppip line could become Grass/Fairy, since there is now already a Water/Fairy (Marril), and I definitely think the Clefairy line will gain the Fairy type. For the moves, I suspect some of the "celestial" moves that are closely related to outer space might be typed as Fairy. I don't think Nintendo will change any damaging moves to Fairy from any other type than normal. Wish, Healing Wish and moves like that could become Fairy I think, and maybe Metronome.

Lake Trio for sure, Mawile is one rumored I'd like to see get fairy typing.

Maybe Lopunny but I think that's pushing it, but it would be pretty great.

In my viewpoint, to slightly alter the balance they would give the fairy type only to unavoidably cases. Pokemons that use magic by somehow or Pokemons that are indeed fairies on appearance should have the current type turned into fairy or added fairy as secondary/primary type.

The current Pokemons that I wanted to see changed into fairy type are these:

Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff
Clefairy/Clefable
Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss
Chansey/Blissey
Celebi
Gardevoir
Meloetta

The current Pokemons that I disagree about being changed to fairy or gainning a secondary fairy type and why:

Maril/Azumarill
Misdreavus/Mismagius
Illumise
Volbeat
Luvdisc
Milotic
Cresselia
Alomomola

Reggie McGigas said:
First of all Dunsparce does not have a large elemental movepool.
Wait, wait, what?

Normal - Rage
Fire - Flamethrower
Water - Aqua Tail
Electric - Thunder
Grass - Solarbeam
Ice - Ice Beam
Fighting - Rock Smash
Poison - Poison Jab
Ground - Dig
Flying - Roost
Psychic - Dream Eater
Rock - Ancientpower
Ghost - Hex
Dark - Bite
Steel - Iron Tail

The only kind of moves it doesn't learn are Bug- (which I think is odd, considering that it's partially based on a bee) and Dragon-type and it doesn't learn any damaging Flying-type moves.

Hidden Power said:
In my viewpoint, to slightly alter the balance they would give the fairy type only to unavoidably cases. Pokemons that use magic by somehow or Pokemons that are indeed fairies on appearance should have the current type turned into fairy or added fairy as secondary/primary type.

The current Pokemons that I wanted to see changed into fairy type are these:

Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff
Clefairy/Clefable
Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss
Chansey/Blissey
Celebi
Gardevoir
Meloetta

The current Pokemons that I disagree about being changed to fairy or gainning a secondary fairy type and why:

Maril/Azumarill
Misdreavus/Mismagius
Illumise
Volbeat
Luvdisc
Milotic
Cresselia
Alomomola

I can agree with that. But why not Volbeat/ Illumise and misdreavus line?

Nekoban Ryo said:
Reggie McGigas said:
First of all Dunsparce does not have a large elemental movepool.
Wait, wait, what?

Normal - Rage
Fire - Flamethrower
Water - Aqua Tail
Electric - Thunder
Grass - Solarbeam
Ice - Ice Beam
Fighting - Rock Smash
Poison - Poison Jab
Ground - Dig
Flying - Roost
Psychic - Dream Eater
Rock - Ancientpower
Ghost - Hex
Dark - Bite
Steel - Iron Tail

The only kind of moves it doesn't learn are Bug- (which I think is odd, considering that it's partially based on a bee) and Dragon-type and it doesn't learn any damaging Flying-type moves.

It seems bulbapedia is letting me down recently. But having a large movepool, in MY opinion, does not make a fairy.

I want a LOT of changes: Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Clefairy, Clefable, Chansey, Igglybuff, Cleffa, Togepi, Togetic, Marill, Azumarill, Dunsparce, Snubbull, Granbull, Misdreavus, Blissey, Skitty, Delcatty, Azurill, Plusle, Minun, Mawile, Whismur, Loudred, Exploud, Volbeat, Illumise, Milotic, Chimecho, Luvdisc, Cherrim, Mismagius, Happiny, Chingling, Finneon, Lumineon, Togekiss, Audino, Whimsicott, Lilligant, Meloetta

That's around 40, which means it's all caught up to the other types. Not to mention Gen 6 fairy Pokémon.

I agree Celebi and Victini should be Fairy-types instead of Psychic. I doubt it will happen, but it should... First, Psychic shouldn't even be their primary type... Second, I believe they're only Psychic-types because they didn't come up with the Fairy-type earlier... So, Psychic was used to cover that aspect... Wait, that actually makes sense... Psychic was used, as some sort of substitute for the then non-existant Fairy-type, in the same way Dragon and Bug-types are used to represent the biological appearance of the pokémon, hence why Psychic is the primary type for those two. Read Psychic as Fairy and then, Fairy/Grass and Fairy/Fire will make more sense when explaning the choice for the primary type... This is just my theory though...
It's kinda the same for Cresselia and the Lake Trio, though those 4 are pure Psychic, so they can always add them the Fairy-type...
Also, Celebi and Victini learn Psychic moves? Well, if they made them Psychic-type, they had to give them some moves of that type... If they were changed to Fairy-type, all they had to do was replace the Psychic-moves with Fairy-moves (not necessarily all of them though)...

Metalizard said:
I agree Celebi and Victini should be Fairy-types instead of Psychic. I doubt it will happen, but it should... First, Psychic shouldn't even be their primary type... Second, I believe they're only Psychic-types because they didn't come up with the Fairy-type earlier... So, Psychic was used to cover that aspect... Wait, that actually makes sense... Psychic was used, as some sort of substitute for the then non-existant Fairy-type, in the same way Dragon and Bug-types are used to represent the biological appearance of the pokémon, hence why Psychic is the primary type for those two. Read Psychic as Fairy and then, Fairy/Grass and Fairy/Fire will make more sense when explaning the choice for the primary type... This is just my theory though...
It's kinda the same for Cresselia and the Lake Trio, though those 4 are pure Psychic, so they can always add them the Fairy-type...
Also, Celebi and Victini learn Psychic moves? Well, if they made them Psychic-type, they had to give them some moves of that type... If they were changed to Fairy-type, all they had to do was replace the Psychic-moves with Fairy-moves (not necessarily all of them though)...

You are right, in that celebi and victini were made with a concept for which the fairy type is mor fitting, though cresselia and the lake trio are better as pure psychic or psychic/fairy, I think, because cresselia has power over dreams, and each member of the trio represents one of the main aspects of the human mind/soul: willpower, emotion and knowledge (that's legit, I learned it in school), or, if you will, psychic-related qualities.
I posted before that the consequences of a type change would carry over to it's movepool, by which reasoning the pokemon changed should have enough old moves that would have changed type anyway to justify it (confusion and psychic wouldn't change, for example, but heal bell, lucky chant, etc would).
A little off topic, but may help to know if it's possible: have GF ever replaced a pokemon's moves?

WAIT, I just realized: why the hell doesn't victini learn lucky chant?

Pokemon I think could change:
Cleffa-Clefairy-Clefable (Fairy)
Igglybuff-Jigglypuff-Wigglytuff (Normal/Fairy)
Happiny-Chansey-Blissey (Fairy)
Azurill-Marill-Azumarill (Water/Fairy, not sure about the baby's type)
Audino (Fairy)
Togepi-Togetic-Togekiss (Fairy, Fairy/Flying)
Snubull-Granbull (Normal/Fairy)
Mawile (Steel/Fairy)
Manaphy (Water/Fairy)
Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy) -- I see Ralts & Kirlia remaining Psychic then branching into either dual type mon.
Ninetales (Fire/Fairy)
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar (Ghost/Fairy) -- I know, unlikely. The Poison type is just useless for them and I think Fairy type works alright.
Mew (Psychic/Fairy)
Misdreavus-Mismagius (Ghost/Fairy)
Dunsparce (Normal/Fairy or Fairy)
Celebi (Fairy/Grass)
Milotic (Water/Fairy)
Jirachi (Steel/Fairy)
Finneon-Lumineon (Water/Fairy)
Uxie (Psychic/Fairy)
Mesprit (Psychic/Fairy)
Azelf (Psychic/Fairy)
Cresselia (Psychic/Fairy)
Victini (Fairy/Fire)
Alomomola (Water/Fairy)

That's 40, which is a lot to retcon I understand. I don't expect or think ALL of these could happen, these are just some possibilities. Thoughts?

PS Hi guys, I'm new. :)

Blasto said:
Ninetales (Fire/Fairy)

Haven't thought of that one yet. Would make it even more OU, being the only Drought user and gaining a fancy Dragon immunity.
Pretty sure this one is staying pure Fire though.

Blasto said:
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar (Ghost/Fairy) -- I know, unlikely. The Poison type is just useless for them and I think Fairy type works alright.

Not just is it unlikely, but if it ever was to lose the Poison type, the spot would be taken by Dark instantly.

Blasto said:

Lumineon being pure Water has bugged me from start.
Then it wouldn't seem so boring next to its cousin Lanturn o:
Altho with it being a more literal take on "butterfly-fish", I was thinking it could have been Water/Bug. (I mean think about it. Kingdra gains a secondary Dragon too simply because its real world counterpart has dragon associations in its names and stuff, besides we haven't really seen much proper type1/Bugs due to all of them actually being insectsoid..)

professorlight said:
1) You are right, in that celebi and victini were made with a concept for which the fairy type is mor fitting, though cresselia and the lake trio are better as pure psychic or psychic/fairy, I think, because cresselia has power over dreams, and each member of the trio represents one of the main aspects of the human mind/soul: willpower, emotion and knowledge (that's legit, I learned it in school), or, if you will, psychic-related qualities.
2) A little off topic, but may help to know if it's possible: have GF ever replaced a pokemon's moves?

1) Well, yes, the Lake Trio and Cresselia make sense as Psychic-types, but if they were given the Fairy-type, it would also fit. One reason why I think Cresselia should be Fairy-type (maybe pure Fairy) is because Cresselia is Darkrai's nemesis/counterpart. She cures the harm done by Darkrai. In practice, with Darkrai being Dark and Cresselia being Psychic, Darkrai actually has the upper hand over Cresselia... Assuming that Fairy being super effective against Dark is true, that would completely reverse that oddness...

2) What you mean exactly? I know for example, Kabuto(ps) could learn Hydro Pump in Gen 1, but it was removed from their learnsets for the remaining gens...
Also, before Gen IV introduced the Physical/Special split, Snorlax learned Hyper Beam as its last level-up move. With the change of Hyper Beam to a special attack, it was replaced by Giga Impact (the physical counterpart) in Snorlax's learnset...

Metalizard said:
professorlight said:
1) You are right, in that celebi and victini were made with a concept for which the fairy type is mor fitting, though cresselia and the lake trio are better as pure psychic or psychic/fairy, I think, because cresselia has power over dreams, and each member of the trio represents one of the main aspects of the human mind/soul: willpower, emotion and knowledge (that's legit, I learned it in school), or, if you will, psychic-related qualities.
2) A little off topic, but may help to know if it's possible: have GF ever replaced a pokemon's moves?

1) Well, yes, the Lake Trio and Cresselia make sense as Psychic-types, but if they were given the Fairy-type, it would also fit. One reason why I think Cresselia should be Fairy-type (maybe pure Fairy) is because Cresselia is Darkrai's nemesis/counterpart. She cures the harm done by Darkrai. In practice, with Darkrai being Dark and Cresselia being Psychic, Darkrai actually has the upper hand over Cresselia... Assuming that Fairy being super effective against Dark is true, that would completely reverse that oddness...

2) What you mean exactly? I know for example, Kabuto(ps) could learn Hydro Pump in Gen 1, but it was removed from their learnsets for the remaining gens...
Also, before Gen IV introduced the Physical/Special split, Snorlax learned Hyper Beam as its last level-up move. With the change of Hyper Beam to a special attack, it was replaced by Giga Impact (the physical counterpart) in Snorlax's learnset...

1- Yes, cresselia becoming fairy type would put her ni even ground with darkrai, the lack of which always bothered me (besides, lunar dance just screams fairy type. and, wanna bet she will learn moonblast if it's not exclusive to sylveon?)

2- So it has happened before. You think it will happen again, but in a much larger scale?

Mitja said:
Blasto said:
Ninetales (Fire/Fairy)

Haven't thought of that one yet. Would make it even more OU, being the only Drought user and gaining a fancy Dragon immunity.
Pretty sure this one is staying pure Fire though.

Blasto said:

Not just is it unlikely, but if it ever was to lose the Poison type, the spot would be taken by Dark instantly.

Blasto said:

Lumineon being pure Water has bugged me from start.
Then it wouldn't seem so boring next to its cousin Lanturn o:
Altho with it being a more literal take on "butterfly-fish", I was thinking it could have been Water/Bug. (I mean think about it. Kingdra gains a secondary Dragon too simply because its real world counterpart has dragon associations in its names and stuff, besides we haven't really seen much proper type1/Bugs due to all of them actually being insectsoid..)

Yeah, I agree with what you said about dark for the ghosts, believe me I do agree, as do I with the comment on Lumineon. I guess just since they haven't been given those types already, I could see Fairy working. But I do doubt it'll happen. Hoping for Ninetales though!!

professorlight said:
1- Yes, cresselia becoming fairy type would put her ni even ground with darkrai, the lack of which always bothered me (besides, lunar dance just screams fairy type. and, wanna bet she will learn moonblast if it's not exclusive to sylveon?)

2- So it has happened before. You think it will happen again, but in a much larger scale?

1 - Indeed, Moonblast sounds like something Cresselia should learn...

2 - It depends on if they will change a pokémon's type completely (like switching Celebi's Psychic for Fairy). If they do it, then yes, I guess they would replace some of the moves of the older type for moves of the newer type. Unfortunaly, I doubt they will replace a type completely (Jigglypuff being Normal/Fairy is one of the reasons that makes me think that, but we'll have to wait and see if they do the same for Clefairy), specially when it comes to event legendaries.
As for the pokémon that simply gain the additional fairy-type, I think they will just add more moves of the new type to their learnsets, but not really replace any.

What I expect:

Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable - Fairy
Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglituff - Normal/Fairy
Happiny, Chansey, Blissey - Normal/Fairy
Azurill, Marill, Azumarill - Normal/Fairy & Water/Fairy
Bellossom - Grass/Fairy (since Gardevoir was changed as well)
Togepi, Togetic, Togekiss - Fairy & Fairy/Flying
Audino - Normal/Fairy

Perhaps Mawile (source) and Snubbel/Granbull as well.

However I don't expect a flood of retyped Pokémon.

I'm thinking Igglybuff, Ralts, Kirlia, and Azurill will keep the types they have now. Actually I'd rather they did keep the types they have now.

Metalizard said:
... As for the pokémon that simply gain the additional fairy-type, I think they will just add more moves of the new type to their learnsets, but not really replace any.

But that's the thing: As I said before, most movepools are getting too cluttered with each subsequent gen; they add new moves and the old ones end up being at closer levels. How long wil pass until some pokemon learns a move every 3 levels? (because rationally, most pokemon should finish learning moves around level 60 or so. Taking each of your usable pokemons to lv 100 seems like too much work for the casual player).
The only solution is start to mass replace moves for other moves more appropiate (for examle, take bite off the whismur line and replace it for boomburst. After all, exploud already learns it's last move at level 64, and they will get boomburst) or to have major moves overhaul, reorganizing, adding, removing moves and taking pokemon to a reasonable amount of moves, to be reorganized later with the inclusion of new gens.

RE: If X and Y really do introduce the rumored Fairy-type, what current Pokémon would you like to see changed into Fairy-type? What moves?

DorianBlack said:
I don't really want to see a ton of changes - just the Clefairy and Togepi lines changing would be fine by me, and maybe some of their iconic moves like Metronome. I'd rather see a lot of new families and evolutions fill out the type's ranks, even if some of them are held off to post-E4 in order to not make the regional Dex too Fairy-y.

Yeah, Metronome would make a good Fairy move. Many pokemon have the potential to be good fairy types.

Anyone have any ideas on the Fairy Types' weaknesses?
I think that Normal could be a good type advantage. It makes sense to me somehow. Normal types have practically no advantages and though that's part of the basic element of Normal Types, an advantage could be a worthwhile addition the Pokémon universe.

Also, a whole handful of legendaries could be faries. Especially the second tier kind of ones like Celebi, (Guardian forest sprite anyone) and Jirachi.
Cresselia as mentioned before is one of the most fairy-like legendaries among the bigger more prominent ones. (If nothing else moonburst should be learnable.)

With the announcement of Gardevoir being a Fairy type, I think that more pokemon will be changed than many people thought and I expect more type changes. Who knows what everything will end up like?

Back