XY What Current Pokémon / Moves Would You Like To See Changed into a Fairy-type? Why?

RE: What current Pokémon would you like to see changed into Fairy-type? What moves?

Mew. Not Mewtwo ._.

RE: What current Pokémon would you like to see changed into Fairy-type? What moves?

professorlight said:
I think we all saw the patterns that make us suspect possible fairy type changes, stuff like the inexplicable sudden protagonism of dunsparce (was made widely available in BW2, became a major character in mystery dungeon and starred in an episode of the anime)

Yeah I have this strong feeling dunsparce is going to be retyped as fairy and evolve into the first fairy/dragon quetzalcoatl and kick butt.

In my opinion, I think non-evos are going to be fairies.

Luckyfire said:
In my opinion, I think non-evos are going to be fairies.

Can you elaborate? Not sure what you mean.

I mean Pokemon like Zangoose, Serviper, Dunsparce, Minun, Plusle, etc. Mostly referring to the ones that only have one type or the ones that are Normal-type. Although, going with that logic, I'd list the nonevolveables here with Normal-type only:
- Kangaskhan
- Ditto
- Smeragle
- Militank
- Zangoose
- Castform (not sure if legendary or not)
- Kecleon
- Audino
- Boufflant

Note how I didn't include legendaries.

Okay, pretty much all this makes sense, except for Boufflant being Fairy type... *snickers to self*

Luckyfire said:
I mean Pokemon like Zangoose, Serviper, Dunsparce, Minun, Plusle, etc. Mostly referring to the ones that only have one type or the ones that are Normal-type. Although, going with that logic, I'd list the nonevolveables here with Normal-type only:
- Kangaskhan
- Ditto
- Smeragle
- Militank
- Zangoose
- Castform (not sure if legendary or not)
- Kecleon
- Audino
- Boufflant

Note how I didn't include legendaries.

Okay, pretty much all this makes sense, except for Boufflant being Fairy type... *snickers to self*

Not really. Kangaskhan, Ditto, Smeragle, Militank, Kecleon, and Boufflant as you said are in no way fairy possibilities. The most out of those that could be would maybe be ditto but that is a huge stretch.

Ditto can transform into any pokémon, as it is a gimmick so it would never be changed to Fairy... Normal is the default for pokémon like that... That's also partially the reason why Castorm, Kecleon and Arceus are Normal... Type change abilities...

Metalizard said:
Ditto can transform into any pokémon, as it is a gimmick so it would never be changed to Fairy... Normal is the default for pokémon like that... That's also partially the reason why Castorm, Kecleon and Arceus are Normal... Type change abilities...

Exactly. And now I'm wondering if they'll introduce a new Plate for Arceus. Magic Plate? Fae Plate sounds cool but I doubt GF would be that creative.

To help spark more discussion, are there any 'tough' Pokemon you think are deserving of the Fairy-type?

Obviously there's Snubbull and Granbull, which have been brought up quite often. Can you think of anymore? Also, how would you guys feel if Snubbull and Granbull did in fact get the Fairy-typing? Good job discussing, guys! :D

AdamLambert said:
Metalizard said:

Exactly. And now I'm wondering if they'll introduce a new Plate for Arceus. Magic Plate? Fae Plate sounds cool but I doubt GF would be that creative.

To help spark more discussion, are there any 'tough' Pokemon you think are deserving of the Fairy-type?

Obviously there's Snubbull and Granbull, which have been brought up quite often. Can you think of anymore? Also, how would you guys feel if Snubbull and Granbull did in fact get the Fairy-typing? Good job discussing, guys! :D

I don't know if you classify it as strong but Dusknoir could become fairy type.

hammer time! said:
I don't know if you classify it as strong but Dusknoir could become fairy type.

I like the idea of the whole dusknoir line being fairy because they could serve to represent the evil side of fairies and how they can travel between worlds and steal people's souls.

AdamLambert said:
Metalizard said:

I want that there is at least 1 new fairy which isn't cute type fairy. I don't like that they decided to go with Marril, Jigglypuff and Gardevoir because it pretty much says that fairies are supposed to be cute or feminine plus they didn't fit IMO. I would prefer if only some become fairy type and with the 3 that aren't expected, I expect now for them to do a bunch of them. I'm not really up for Snubull/Granbull because they aren't fairy-like (by that I mean based on myths and magical creatures and that sort) while they are doing cute and nothing more important.

I actually wanted Misdreavus to not look at the cute part of the type. I also want Togekiss because I believe it would be perfect because it gets the offensive type and from there they'll "scare" the dragons but I find it unlikely now because they aren't changing types, just adding them.

Flys Gone 2071 said:
AdamLambert said:

I want that there is at least 1 new fairy which isn't cute type fairy. I don't like that they decided to go with Marril, Jigglypuff and Gardevoir because it pretty much says that fairies are supposed to be cute or feminine plus they didn't fit IMO. I would prefer if only some become fairy type and with the 3 that aren't expected, I expect now for them to do a bunch of them. I'm not really up for Snubull/Granbull because they aren't fairy-like (by that I mean based on myths and magical creatures and that sort) while they are doing cute and nothing more important.

I actually wanted Misdreavus to not look at the cute part of the type. I also want Togekiss because I believe it would be perfect because it gets the offensive type and from there they'll "scare" the dragons but I find it unlikely now because they aren't changing types, just adding them.

Togepi and snubull lines are practically guaranteed. The first screams fairy and has a useless normal type while the second IS THE FAIRY POKEMON. And how can you think the 3 that are confirmed are anything but fairy???

Ohman177 said:
Flys Gone 2071 said:

Togepi and snubull lines are practically guaranteed. The first screams fairy and has a useless normal type while the second IS THE FAIRY POKEMON. And how can you think the 3 that are confirmed are anything but fairy???

I think the Fairy-type 'fit' the currently-known Fairy-types, but I must say, there are definitely others that are more deserving. The Clefairy and Chansey lines are more deserving, IMO, than the Jigglypuff line. Also, I'm indifferent as to whether or not Togepi's line should be changed. It would fit the Fairy-type, I suppose, but it is one of the few Normal-type, Special Attackers we have. Either way I will be happy. I just really hope Snubbull changes. It'll give me a reason to use it. I've always liked it, but I never found a reason to use it. Also, Misdreavus should change, too. And as far as Dunsparce, it NEEDS to have one of two things happen, if not both. 1) Change it to Fairy-type or 2) Give it an evolution.

Ohman177 said:
Flys Gone 2071 said:

Typing is different than classification. Horsea and Seadra were classified as the Dragon Pokemon and Kingdra wasn't introduced until the next gen. I don't know how can a blue rabbit, a pink singing rabbit and a lady are fairies.

Flys Gone 2071 said:
Typing is different than classification. Horsea and Seadra were classified as the Dragon Pokemon and Kingdra wasn't introduced until the next gen. I don't know how can a blue rabbit, a pink singing rabbit and a lady are fairies.

I don't get why marill and jigglypuff are fairies either (beyond the cute factor, which would be very narrow minded, unless GF gives a real explanation soon), but the gardevoir line is based on elves and guardian spirits so makes sense that gardevoir is fairy (not ralts and kirlia, since they can evolve into gallade too, from psychic to psychic/fairy.and a psychic/fighting).

I hope there's a Fairy-type dragon. I mean, there's already a Ice-type dragon (hint hint Kyurem) so why not have another annoying double-type-combo Pokemon? There's a few I can name:

- Kyurem
- Emolga
- Meloetta (Arial form)
- Meditite and Medicham
- Stunfisk
- Gligar and Gliscor

Those are all I can think of. ;P

Luckyfire said:
I hope there's a Fairy-type dragon. I mean, there's already a Ice-type dragon (hint hint Kyurem) so why not have another annoying double-type-combo Pokemon? There's a few I can name:

- Kyurem
- Emolga
- Meloetta (Arial form)
- Meditite and Medicham
- Stunfisk
- Gligar and Gliscor

Those are all I can think of. ;P

As I stated before, I think it's going to be dunsparce's evolution.

professorlight said:
Flys Gone 2071 said:

I don't get why marill and jigglypuff are fairies either (beyond the cute factor, which would be very narrow minded, unless GF gives a real explanation soon), but the gardevoir line is based on elves and guardian spirits so makes sense that gardevoir is fairy (not ralts and kirlia, since they can evolve into gallade too, from psychic to psychic/fairy.and a psychic/fighting).

Well fairies are known to possess magical powers such as putting people to sleep. Since that's jigglypuff's thing I see why they'd do that. There are even some fairies who put you to sleep with their singing before feasting on you. Creepy huh? As for marill, I saw someone post the explanation earlier. it has to do with a japanese moon rabbit folktale or something.

Dunsparce does not need an evolution if it becomes Fairy-type. Dunsparce is perfectly fine as is, but people seem to say he's useless. Give him that fairy-typing for it being based off of a snake in folklore and he'll be a worthy ally.

FloodBadge said:
Dunsparce does not need an evolution if it becomes Fairy-type. Dunsparce is perfectly fine as is, but people seem to say he's useless. Give him that fairy-typing for it being based off of a snake in folklore and he'll be a worthy ally.

Have you seen his stats.... Plus he is partly based off of a baby quetzalcoatl, the most amazing thing to exist ever.

He's also partly based on the Hoop Snake. a mythical snake that bites it's tail and goes into a ball. It's been known to be very large and sometimes a bit fat and lazy.

Back