XY What Current Pokémon / Moves Would You Like To See Changed into a Fairy-type? Why?

DorianBlack

Tropius Rider
RE: If X and Y really do introduce the rumored Fairy-type, what current Pokémon would you like to see changed into Fairy-type? What moves?

I don't really want to see a ton of changes - just the Clefairy and Togepi lines changing would be fine by me, and maybe some of their iconic moves like Metronome. I'd rather see a lot of new families and evolutions fill out the type's ranks, even if some of them are held off to post-E4 in order to not make the regional Dex too Fairy-y.

PsychedelicBreakfast

We can live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
RE: If X and Y really do introduce the rumored Fairy-type, what current Pokémon would you like to see changed into Fairy-type? What moves?

Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Togepi, Celebi, Jirachi... That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071

Togekiss line and Clefable line. There might be some to fit but the ones I see that must change are these 2. I would like to see Wish change into Fairy.

m7mad133

Aspiring Trainer

Well Mawile and snubull come to mind

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special

The pokemon who could become Fairy type:
Togepi line
Cleffa line
Igglybuff line
Happiny line
Mawile
Snubull (maybe)
Buneary (probally not)
Pachirisu (probally not)

This would give us plenty of Fairy types, and would reduce the need for a sudden explosion of Fairies in gen. 6.

Moves that could become Fairy type:
Wish
Healing Wish
Swift
After You
Follow Me
Sing
Moonlight
Probably more if necessary.
...can't think of a lot of damaging ones though.

AdamLambert

Aspiring Potato

As far as moves go-

Sweet Kiss
Lovely Kiss
Perish Song
Heal Pulse
Attract
Charm

Kyogreman

Aspiring Trainer

I don't know about moves but I think most of the pokemon in the fairy egg group will be changed to the new fairy type

evilpacman

Voltorb Collector

Misdreavus, Clefairy, Togepi, Snubble and Mawile are all I can think of being plausible Fairy types. Mawile only because it is rumored to be Fairy type. Snubble only because it is the Fairy Pokemon. I think its least likely of those 5 lines though.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod

For a new move- Magic powder-40 priority +1

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

IDK about moves, but here's what Pokemon I'd like to see as Fairy types:

Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable- Fairy
Happiny/Chansey/Blissey- Fairy
Togepi- Fairy/Flying
Snubbull- Fairy/Normal
Mawile- Steel/Fairy
Milotic- Water/Fairy
Jirachi- Psychic/Fairy
Lumineon- Water/Fairy
Victini- Fire/Fairy
Audino- Fairy

DorianBlack

Tropius Rider

I don't think Mawile itself will end up changing if it ends up getting an evolution, though if it doesn't it's certainly possible. And the Jigglypuff, Chansey, and Snubbull lines aren't really fairylike in the same way that Clefairy and Togepi are - the latter two have very mystical movepools, whereas the former all have movepools more like all other Normal-types. And I highly doubt any dual-type Pokémon (excluding part-Normals) or legendaries are going to be changed.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

The Fairy type is nothing if it doesn't have good stab to fall back on. Give me Fairy versions of Flamethrower/Earthquake and Hydro Pump/Fire Blast and I'll be good.

If Draining Kiss is a legitimate move, it will be rad on anything with Technician, especially if it really is a 1-for-1 heal

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special

Mawile evo @Life Orb
Technician ability
EVs:
252 Attack
252 Speed
4 Sp.D

Bullet Punch
Draining Kiss
Pursuit
Wish

Mawile for OU 2014

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant

Pokemon:
Clefairy line - Fairy
Togepi line - Fairy/Flying (this would give it immunity to arguably one of the best attack combos in the game, Togekiss could see OU play)
Snubbull/Granbull - Fairy
Misdreavus/Mismagius - Ghost/Fairy
Mawile - Steel/Fairy (I wouldn't assume it at first sight, only put here because the leaker said Mawile would change)

Moves:
-Wish
-Heal Pulse
-Sweet Kiss
-Lovely Kiss
-Swift
And then we need some high-powered Fairy moves. I want 2, one being Flamethrower-power and the other being Fire Blast-power.
Draining Kiss sounds good on anything with Technician.

Chocolate Death

I should be the Water Trial Captain now!

[sprite]35[/sprite][sprite]36[/sprite][sprite]113[/sprite][sprite]137[/sprite] (as dual type Nor/Fai) [sprite]165[/sprite][sprite]166[/sprite][sprite]173[/sprite][sprite]175[/sprite][sprite]176[/sprite][sprite]233[/sprite][sprite]234[/sprite][sprite]242[/sprite][sprite]267[/sprite][sprite]282[/sprite][sprite]303[/sprite][sprite]350[/sprite][sprite]359[/sprite][sprite]421[/sprite][sprite]440[/sprite][sprite]474[/sprite][sprite]489[/sprite] no manaphy [sprite]547[/sprite][sprite]574[/sprite][sprite]575[/sprite][sprite]576[/sprite][sprite]648[/sprite]

Confuse Ray, Attract, Captivate, Lovely Kiss, Sweet Kiss, Wish, Gravity

Mitja

veteran smartass

Blissey is crucial in making Poison moves relevant lol

if there is nothing defensive in the upper tier, dragons will keep destroying it.

ShinyWooper

Team Rocket Member

I would like to see Clefairy/Fable into fairy type.

drosewood67

Opeslum League Champion

I don't understand why some people are saying Jirachi should be Fairy. It already is Steel/Psychic. I can understand the single type lines being Fairy such as Clefairy and Mawile, but why would they change the typing of a dual type? It wouldn't make sense...

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant

FloodBadge said:
[sprite]35[/sprite][sprite]36[/sprite][sprite]113[/sprite][sprite]137[/sprite] (as dual type Nor/Fai) [sprite]165[/sprite][sprite]166[/sprite][sprite]173[/sprite][sprite]175[/sprite][sprite]176[/sprite][sprite]233[/sprite][sprite]234[/sprite][sprite]242[/sprite][sprite]267[/sprite][sprite]282[/sprite][sprite]303[/sprite][sprite]350[/sprite][sprite]359[/sprite][sprite]421[/sprite][sprite]440[/sprite][sprite]474[/sprite][sprite]489[/sprite] no manaphy [sprite]547[/sprite][sprite]574[/sprite][sprite]575[/sprite][sprite]576[/sprite][sprite]648[/sprite]

Confuse Ray, Attract, Captivate, Lovely Kiss, Sweet Kiss, Wish, Gravity

I can see how you'd think that some of these Pokemon would become Fairy type, but Porygon line, Beautifly, Absol, Cherrim and Gothitelle? Please explain!
I'm with you on the moves, except for Confuse Ray.