XY What Current Pokémon / Moves Would You Like To See Changed into a Fairy-type? Why?

RE: What current Pokémon would you like to see changed into Fairy-type? What moves?

If blissey/ chansey becomes fairy.. OMG! stall dragon slayer..
errr, id rather not have the chansey line become fairy, wiglytuff can take that role

RE: What current Pokémon would you like to see changed into Fairy-type? What moves?

Skitty, Furret, and Audino would make wonderful fairy type pokemon i think!

Snubull (spelling?) is the "fairy pokemon" so maybe him? Although Granbull might not make a good fairy.

Part of me wonders, will Mewtwo gain the Fairy-type?

Think about it, this guy was designed to be the ultimate Pokemon, but all those new Dragon-types are really getting in his way... but with STAB, super-effective attacks against dragons, he'd be wiping out just about everything that currently stands in his way.

I know that seems unlikely (I'm betting his new form may be Fairy-type), but seeing how so many people like the original Mewtwo over his new appearances, it'd be nice if they gave his base form a bit of a boost as well.

Mewtwo definitely does not need the Fairy type. But, it would explain why he is getting so much focus lately. You know, with the form and such. However, I'm sure psychic types will be able to learn fairy type attacks.

Jaquii said:
(Plus, I think it should be spelled FAERIE type Gamefreak, if you read this.)

I think they should have named Ice, Cold type.
I think they should have named Fire, Heat type.
I think they should have named Bug, Insect type.
I think they should have kept Dark, Evil type or at least called it Mean type.
I think they should have named Grass, Plant type.
never seen anyone else even remotely say any of these things tho, so I don't think it matters when the other types are simple and vague terms.

Reggie McGigas said:
Dunsparce is a snake with no magic or fairy like properties at all
Dunsparce is based on the snake-like cryptid (undiscovered animal), Tsuchinoko. However, the Tsuchinoko wasn't always considered a cryptid. In the past, when it was mostly referred to as Nozuchi (which is still used in some areas), it was actually considered a spirit of the earth.

To top things off, one of its abilities, Serene Grace, is literally "Heavenly Blessing" in Japanese.

I think Dunsparce definitely has potential to be Fairy-type.

Trainerhan1 said:
Snubull (spelling?) is the "fairy pokemon" so maybe him? Although Granbull might not make a good fairy.

Why would he not? Snubbull is just a smaller version and really I would like Granbull as a fairy. I'm still hoping that we will see a fairy type that is not cliché; no matter how much I already love it.

Christian said:
Mewtwo definitely does not need the Fairy type. But, it would explain why he is getting so much focus lately. You know, with the form and such. However, I'm sure psychic types will be able to learn fairy type attacks.

I don't think the fairy type should have anything to do with Mewtwo. I don't think it does either. They're really trying to appeal to older players, so they are pulling in a lot of older monsters and especially changing some as well. I feel like the only reason Mewtwo info is alongside the fairy news is because the movie comes out next month and so it's only natural that they will talk about it and the fact that he will have a new form.

Also, it's so irritating that people are STILL gripping about the fairy type. It's real so you can get over yourselves now. Looks like GF isn't as sexist as you are. Really the spelling? "It should be spelled this way" Like it @*#($&! matters how you spell it. Even if your argument is that it just "sounds cooler that way." Well it still comes off sexist, like you have a problem with a type sounding girly or feminine; which in the end results in it sounding "less cool." That is degrading to femininity even if you don't mean it that way, which I know most of you don't, but really, ask yourself why it's that big of a deal.

Jaquii said:
P.DelSlayer said:
This article on Bulbapedia pretty much sums up what the Fairy type could encompass, and the kind of things its about. I recommend reading it.
I read this, and now I really think Fairy type should be called Spirit or Magic type. I was talking to my friend earlier, coming up with "elements" and we were pretty much just naming Pokemon types (not Dragon or Flying, Psychic or Fighting, though,) and I suggested purple magic element. Fairy type must've been in my mind at that time.

Spirit I think would be too close to Ghost, and Magic be too close to Psychic.
I mean with types there can be some overlap, but these two seem to be dangerously close.
My personal preference would be for it to be called Faerie, but Fairy gets the point across just as easily.

Frezgle said:
Reggie McGigas said:
Dunsparce is a snake with no magic or fairy like properties at all

Aside from the dainty little wings, Serene Grace, and huge elemental movepool, right? d:

I did not know that it had Serene Grace, but a huge elemental movepool does not make a fairy type. If a huge elemental movepool is not true. First of all Dunsparce does not have a large elemental movepool. Secondly, if these movepools make a fairy type, then why arn't Hydreigon, Salamance, and Hitmonlee fairy types?

Pokemon:
Clefairy line: Practically a given
Chansey line: Spirits of fertility, depends how prevalent fairies are competitively though.
Dunsparce: Wishful thinking
Misdreavus: Banshee and yokai, 4 immunities is also a plus
Celebi: Practically a given, it's already dual-type but I can see them getting rid of the psychic type
Milotic: Mermaid and siren, It could live without Fairy though
Victini: See Celebi
Whimsicott: Based off of a brownie,

Moves:
Metronome: Kind of a given
Sing: Not so obvious
Perish Song: Wishful thinking
Trick: Kind of a given

Sky Pillar said:
Celebi: Practically a given, it's already dual-type but I can see them getting rid of the psychic type

I've said this before, but Psychic/Grass and Psy/Fire fit Celebi and Victini very well.
Look at their abilities.... If a Pokemon could travel through time, or give infinite luck, those are both abilities I'd normally associate with Psychic...
Just because a Pokemon looks like a type doesn't mean it is that type. (the inverse is also true; see Marill gaining Fairy)
I'm also against the retyping of legendaries. I mean, on a casual Pokemon its fine, but on a legendary... it's also a lot harder to explain ingame, I mean say Togekiss is retyped. This is easy to explain, it was thought to have only Flying as its distinctive elemental association, and was recorded as a Normal/Flying because of this. Now the Fairy type has been discovered, Togekiss was this type all along and has been accordingly changed to Fairy/Flying.
However... Why would a legendary suddenly have fairylike powers as opposed to Psychic? I'm also against the retyping of dual types which a) don't have Normal involved and b) have better fitting types involved.
Shaymin and Manaphy I wouldn't mind, since a) they both have fairylike appearances (plus Shaymin's story could be slightly retconned, making it something like 'Shaymin is a Grass/Fairy Pokemon who resides amongst the flowers, and can sacrifice its Fairy abilities to take to the skies' or something like that), and b) they are only pure types.
I doubt they'll change legendaries anyway. That's not to say this gens 100 stat cutesy event legend won't be part Fairy (if it's a single type then I'd prefer it, just to make it a bit different)

tl;dr I don't want dual-typed legendaries to change, and I've got a feeling it won't happen.

Sky Pillar said:

jkft.jpg

They excel okay in Psychic on their movepools (And even more heavily in TMs/Move tutors) (Also I do realise there are pokemon with learnsets that don't represent their types much, while being full of something else, but these 2 are very casual cases, with 3 or more moves of each type that fit, some other types and a bunch of Normal). They are intentionally Psychic. They are meant to have STAB with Psy moves.
Appearance does not equal type. Type does not necessarily have to fit with the creature design. There can be dragons/fairies/bugs/rocks, who are not dragons/fairies/insects/living rock creatures and vice versa.

Not to mention Psychic is their main type, not just the extra type for spice or something.

Pokemon with two types, have been intended to be those types from the beginning.
There will not be any types changing to Fairy besides Normal (and even that seems unlikely after seeing Jigglypuffs new typing).

If the Flying type was just introduced, Flygon, Beedrill and Scizor would not be changing types either.

EDIT:
Hahahahah, P.Delslayer, I haven't seen your post yet before posting, but I managed to erase the exact same parts from the quotes to address the same two guys.
Took me longer to post since I had to make the pic lol

I feel like the most they'll do is offer those Pokémon Fairy moves instead of changing it's type.

They excel okay in Psychic on their movepools (And even more heavily in TMs/Move tutors) (Also I do realise there are pokemon with learnsets that don't represent their types much, while being full of something else, but these 2 are very casual cases, with 3 or more moves of each type that fit, some other types and a bunch of Normal). They are intentionally Psychic. They are meant to have STAB with Psy moves.

They excel in psychic -type attacks because they are mystical beings, they don't excel in psychic-type attacks the same way something like Alakazam or Xatu do. Celebi is a time traveler that is more fantastical than a mind bending ability. In my opinion Celebi's relation to the psychic-type isn't very strong . I can't really speak for victini because I'm not to educated on Gen 5, I just came from a pokemon hiatus.

Appearance does not equal type. Type does not necessarily have to fit with the creature design. There can be dragons/fairies/bugs/rocks, who are not dragons/fairies/insects/living rock creatures and vice versa.

I'm well aware that physical appearance doesn't always equal type... but often times they still reference the type.

E.g. Flygon isn't part bug or flying but it is in the bug egg group and it does have the ability levitate. Charizard isn't part dragon but it is in the dragon egg group to reference its dragonic appearance. Drapion isn't part bug-type but it evolves from one and ofcourse is in the egg group (arachnids aren't true bugs but the poke company doesn't seem to care)

Pokemon with two types, have been intended to be those types from the beginning.
There will not be any types changing to Fairy besides Normal (and even that seems unlikely after seeing Jigglypuffs new typing).

That's true but things change, just because something was designed for one thing doesn't mean it can't be changed/ reused for another. We didn't have a fairy-type at the time of G/S/C so they chose psychic as the best type to represent Celebi. The psychic type was originally more of a fantastical type but as time went on they realized psychic doesn't have the wide of a meaning.

Not to mention Psychic is their main type, not just the extra type for spice or something.

The games have already proven that the primary/ secondary placement of a type has very little impact on the gameplay, I understand if you might have OCD against it as you have voiced in previous threads for the new pokemon and their type placement. But just because you find it out of place for a pokemon to lose it's typing just because of its placement doesn't automatically make it an impossibility.

If the Flying type was just introduced, Flygon, Beedrill and Scizor would not be changing types either.
Whose to say they wouldn't? Maybe that's your opinion but again that doesn't make it fact so why post it as a fact.

Maybe before saying whatever list of pokemon that will be changed to fairy we should contemplate how that change will affect its movepool. I guess that, along with some species, old moves will be retyped too, so it's safe to say that any pokemon retyped into fairy will have a good portion of the moves it already learns retyped too, because they can't add too many moves to the movepool of an old pokemon without cluttering it. According to that criteria, celebi and victini are unlikely to change, fitting as it is, because they don't have too many moves with potential as fairy type, (besides heal bell and safeguard). After all, you wouldn't change confusion, zen hgeadbutt, future sight, etc, right?

Sky Pillar said:
Whose to say they wouldn't? Maybe that's your opinion but again that doesn't make it fact so why post it as a fact.

I'm not posting it as fact, I'm saying no one would suggest them changing one type to Flying if it was just revealed.

Mitja said:
Sky Pillar said:

I'm not posting it as fact, I'm saying no one would suggest them changing one type to Flying if it was just revealed.

You literally said they would not be changing types either, that's a factual statement. If you didn't mean to say it as fact, then it should say "probably would not".

Thief said:
I feel like the most they'll do is offer those Pokémon Fairy moves instead of changing it's type.

This.
I think that all the cutesy 100stat legendaries will get changes to their movesets to include Fairy moves.

I mean, even if they don't change, I can see something like 'Celebi reached level whatever! It wants to learn a Fairy type move!' and have that as opposed to changing their type.
Lots of Pokemon learn attacks based on appearance... Charizard can use a lot of Dragon moves for example.
If its appearance wasn't the draconic one it is now, I'm confident that its movepool would be changed around a bit:
-Dragon Claw would be TM exclusive, as opposed to move relearner
-Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance and Dragon Rush wouldn't be in its movepool at all
-Outrage would probably stay; since its given to a fairy wide range of Mons then I can see a non-draconic Charizard getting it.

I'm thinking that they'll learn a couple Fairy moves by level up and then get 4/5 Fairy tms (may or may not include their level-up Fairy moves depending if they're tms)

@Sky Pillar, are you trying to say a mystical forest guardian who travels through time and can revive dead plants and even other deceased Pokemon of its species doesn't have any Psychic qualities?
If we got a description like that one above, Psychic is the no.1 type I'd think it would be, Grass being the second.

P.DelSlayer said:
@Sky Pillar, are you trying to say a mystical forest guardian who travels through time and can revive dead plants and even other deceased Pokemon of its species doesn't have any Psychic qualities?
If we got a description like that one above, Psychic is the no.1 type I'd think it would be, Grass being the second.
Yes, I would see abilities like that as general legendary qualities, after all Ho-Oh can reanimate organisms yet he's not part psychic and Ho-Oh barely relates to fire outside of being a phoenix but there's the whole appearance =/= type thing so that's not a reasonable enough excuse. Regigigas gave life to solid inanimate objects yet he's not part psychic. Palkia rules over space where psychic-types like Deoxys and lunatone come from but its not psychic either.

I will respect your opinion and say that dual-types that could count as fairy probably won't gain the fairy-type but instead gain a notable movepool to reflect their fairy like nature. But I still believe that it's a possibility that old pokes dual type or not can gain the fairy-type.

Back