XY What Cool New Pokémon / Evolution Do You Want to See in the 6th Generation?

RE: What cool new Pokemon/evolution do you want to see in the 6th generation?

Light Type PoKéMoN Exist said:
I'm honestly 50/50 when it comes to this whole debate of whether or not there is a second Eeveelution this generation. My reasoning for both these theories are primarily based on what Sylveon's evolution method might be, also this is just my opinion so no harsh judgement. The first theory leans more to the side that there is only one Eeveelution this generation but because of that it evolves via a similar method as the last two Eeveelutions Leafeon and Glaceon which is to level up in a certain area. Now some of you may ask why? Well the three of them are very similar to one another in terms of their Japanese names...

1- Leafia (Leafeon)
2- Glacia (Glaceon)
3- Nymphia (Sylveon)

As you can see all three of them have a name that ends with the suffix -ia. But not only that they have a very similar design as well...

89005d1375579264-rumour-discussion-speculation-glacia-nymphia-leafia.png

They have a boot looking coloration at the tips of their legs, kind of like the first generation Eeveelutions Vaporeon, Jolteon, and, Flareon all had collars and also shared an identical evolution method which was via stones. Now how will Eevee evolve into Sylveon if it has a similar evolution method to Leafeon and Glaceon? Well I'm sure some of you have already probably seen me post this once before but I'll do it again anyway, I think that Eevve will evolve into Sylveon if it is leveled up inside a Fairy Ring...

morgan1.jpeg

fairyring.jpeg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy_ring

I can see this as a very probable evolution method to evolve Eevee into Sylveon.

The second theory is pretty silly and it just maybe has to do with my OCD-ish tendencies XP, but if Sylveon does get an alternate evolution method to all the other Eeveelutions then I'd beg to differ that there would maybe just maybe with the teeny tiniest glimmer of hope be another Eeveelution with an evolution method that is similar to Sylveon's.

Overall I'm staying true to my first theory and I'm also sticking with the majority of the community that there just might only be one Eeveelution this generation as much as it pains me to say it. But hey at least we got one, so no complains from me :D

Couldn't agree more. Except I'd think the method would again be some kind of Rock, but located in a "magical" place and with a pink shade.
Up to your post, I considered all "Sylveons evo-method"-speculation silly lol.

As a kid I didn't like how there was no third one to Espeon and Umbreon... I mean they even introduced 3 times of the day, morning, day, night. I know it'd be really weird to sqeueeze in a "morning"-eeveelution post-gen II, so I accepted that.
But seeing Leafeon and Glaceon possibly turn into a trio with Sylveon sounds more exciting to me than it should (or would for anyone else).

Eeveelutions have similar learnsets, even more so the sub-groups.
So Umbreon and Espeon for example have Moonlight/MorningSun, and Power Swap/GuardSwap where the original three have HydroPump/Thunder/FireBlast..

So if Sylveon did make a trio with Leafeon and Glaceon, I think I see a problem with that already.
What would its equivalent of Hail/SunnyDay be?

EDIT:
Also, I know the perfect place for Sylveons evolution if we ever revisit Kanto. The Clefairy-dance place at Mt.Moon introduced in gs. They even danced around a rock in the original games, which you could then break with Rock Smash to obtain a Moon Stone. It was gone in hgss, with the Clefaries dropping the item directly, but I could see that being replaced by a "Moon Rock" (like Moss Rock and Icy Rock).

Mitja said:
Light Type PoKéMoN Exist said:
I'm honestly 50/50 when it comes to this whole debate of whether or not there is a second Eeveelution this generation. My reasoning for both these theories are primarily based on what Sylveon's evolution method might be, also this is just my opinion so no harsh judgement. The first theory leans more to the side that there is only one Eeveelution this generation but because of that it evolves via a similar method as the last two Eeveelutions Leafeon and Glaceon which is to level up in a certain area. Now some of you may ask why? Well the three of them are very similar to one another in terms of their Japanese names...

1- Leafia (Leafeon)
2- Glacia (Glaceon)
3- Nymphia (Sylveon)

As you can see all three of them have a name that ends with the suffix -ia. But not only that they have a very similar design as well...

89005d1375579264-rumour-discussion-speculation-glacia-nymphia-leafia.png

They have a boot looking coloration at the tips of their legs, kind of like the first generation Eeveelutions Vaporeon, Jolteon, and, Flareon all had collars and also shared an identical evolution method which was via stones. Now how will Eevee evolve into Sylveon if it has a similar evolution method to Leafeon and Glaceon? Well I'm sure some of you have already probably seen me post this once before but I'll do it again anyway, I think that Eevve will evolve into Sylveon if it is leveled up inside a Fairy Ring...

morgan1.jpeg

fairyring.jpeg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy_ring

I can see this as a very probable evolution method to evolve Eevee into Sylveon.

The second theory is pretty silly and it just maybe has to do with my OCD-ish tendencies XP, but if Sylveon does get an alternate evolution method to all the other Eeveelutions then I'd beg to differ that there would maybe just maybe with the teeny tiniest glimmer of hope be another Eeveelution with an evolution method that is similar to Sylveon's.

Overall I'm staying true to my first theory and I'm also sticking with the majority of the community that there just might only be one Eeveelution this generation as much as it pains me to say it. But hey at least we got one, so no complains from me :D

Couldn't agree more. Except I'd think the method would again be some kind of Rock, but located in a "magical" place and with a pink shade.
Up to your post, I considered all "Sylveons evo-method"-speculation silly lol.

As a kid I didn't like how there was no third one to Espeon and Umbreon... I mean they even introduced 3 times of the day, morning, day, night. I know it'd be really weird to sqeueeze in a "morning"-eeveelution post-gen II, so I accepted that.
But seeing Leafeon and Glaceon possibly turn into a trio with Sylveon sounds more exciting to me than it should (or would for anyone else).

Eeveelutions have similar learnsets, even more so the sub-groups.
So Umbreon and Espeon for example have Moonlight/MorningSun, and Power Swap/GuardSwap where the original three have HydroPump/Thunder/FireBlast..

So if Sylveon did make a trio with Leafeon and Glaceon, I think I see a problem with that already.
What would its equivalent of Hail/SunnyDay be?

EDIT:
Also, I know the perfect place for Sylveons evolution if we ever revisit Kanto. The Clefairy-dance place at Mt.Moon introduced in gs. They even danced around a rock in the original games, which you could then break with Rock Smash to obtain a Moon Stone. It was gone in hgss, with the Clefaries dropping the item directly, but I could see that being replaced by a "Moon Rock" (like Moss Rock and Icy Rock).

What if they remove the friendliness thing and umbreon uses dusk stone, espeon uses sun stone, and sylveon uses moon stone?

Fire/Fairy, Fire/Flying or Flying/Fairy Pegasus (Preferably Rapidash Evo)
Grass/Dragon T-Rex
Flying/Fighting Samurai Bird (Farfetch'D Evo)
Ground/Fighting Sandslash Evo
Fire/Dragon non Legendary
Ice/Dragon non Legendary
Electric/Dragon non Legendary
Rock/Dragon non Legendary
Fairy/Dragon non Legendary
Fighting/Dragon non Legendary
Fighting/Fairy Minotaur
Grass/Psychic Plant
Poison/Fairy Cyclopes
Dark/Fairy Hydra
Fire/Dark Cerberus (Houndoom Evo?)
Electric/Dark Cheetah with a Electric Extreemspeed Attack

Ohman177 said:
Mitja said:
What if they remove the friendliness thing and umbreon uses dusk stone, espeon uses sun stone, and sylveon uses moon stone?

Couldn't happen. Canonically, it would have meant Eevee could have evolved into Sylveon from the start. The only way I could see them getting around it is if they said the new stones were more "powerful" or complex in Kalos which resulted in Eevee evolving using the stones.

Ohman177 said:

It wouldn't make sense for Umbreon not to use Moon Stone, it's is what is used to evolves it in other games (Moon Shard in XD).
If Sylveon used a stone, I would guess Shiny Stone. But they would have to introduce a new stone anyway, because then Eevee could have evolved into Sylveon in past games.

I'd like a snipe 'mon. I think it could be an alright Flying/Fighting type. (It could fight with its sharp beak) But a cassowary would be better for a Fighting/Flying type, I suppose.

Cassowary-01.jpg

It looks like a Pokemon already. Sort of.

Tropius pre-evo grass
Durant evo
Parrot pokemon grass/flying
Peacock psychic/flying
Rattle snake poison/ground lengendary
Komodo dragon dragon/poison
4 dragons representing the seasons type are grass/dragon, fire/dragon, ground/dragon and ice/dragon

I like the popular Dolphin idea. I think it could be either Water/Psychic or Water/Fairy since Sharpedo is Water/Dark. Actually, I think the dolphin could be a branch off of Carvanha, like how Sharpedo is. Dolphins have been known to kill their young and also porpoises, so the right kind of dolphin could extend off of Carvanha as well--although it could just evolve into a friendly one, or not evolve into it at all.

Even though Donphan has nice stats, I'd love for a giant elephant to be its final evolution. I mean, this didn't stop Rhydon from evolving (It's BST is only 15 lower).

I want a disturbingly cool new Ghost type. It could even be dual-type, just not Ghost/Poison. >:c

Actually I have always wanted a ghost/poison pokemon with an actual ghost/poison THEME. The type feels like it was arbitrarily tacked onto the Gastly line for no real reason, when nothing about the is based around poison. I want a ghost type made of toxic acidic vapor or something.

I like wolves so a wolf and a platypus!!!

I kinda wish I had said it before, but an Electric/Fairy Pikachu clone... I'd be able to say "totally called it", but then, I now suspect many people figured it was going to happen, even if they never said it, since it was kinda obvious.

I want THIS:

http://www.cracked.com/article_1935...2=Science&wa_user3=article&wa_user4=companion
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Yc5jkqPIS_M[/video]

That, my dears, is a roadrunner doing it's signature move on a rattlesnake: the centrifugal slam.

it's perfect for a fighting/flying; fast, great attack, could learn slam, close combat, double kick, submission, vital throw, seismic move, drill peck, sky drop, and some psychic move to take out snake pokemon.
Mybe it could even have a dash of luchador. and a theme song.

s2daam said:
Couldn't happen. Canonically, it would have meant Eevee could have evolved into Sylveon from the start. The only way I could see them getting around it is if they said the new stones were more "powerful" or complex in Kalos which resulted in Eevee evolving using the stones.

But the whole theme of pokemon is spontaneous evolution. It makes 100% sense that one could just suddenly develop a new evolution based on something that already existed.

professorlight said:
I want THIS:

http://www.cracked.com/article_1935...2=Science&wa_user3=article&wa_user4=companion
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Yc5jkqPIS_M[/video]

That, my dears, is a roadrunner doing it's signature move on a rattlesnake: the centrifugal slam.

it's perfect for a fighting/flying; fast, great attack, could learn slam, close combat, double kick, submission, vital throw, seismic move, drill peck, sky drop, and some psychic move to take out snake pokemon.
Mybe it could even have a dash of luchador. and a theme song.
Am I missing something, or is the roadrunners signature move just swinging the poor snake around like a whip?

Interesting idea for a Fighting/Flying type though, especially with its little velociraptor stance.

Bogleech said:
s2daam said:

But the whole theme of pokemon is spontaneous evolution. It makes 100% sense that one could just suddenly develop a new evolution based on something that already existed.

No, not really. If a Spinda was suddenly given an evolution at level 30, it would make no sense. Why didn't it evolve at level 30 in earlier games? It has been firmly established that evolutions introduced in later gens need a reason for their discovery and why they weren't in older games. Just saying it suddenly gained the ability to evolve just because isn't an explanation. There needs to be an item, or place, or stone, etc that is unique and gives them the ability to evolve.

The only pokemon I can think of where it would suddenly be able to evolve would have to be Eevee. But I say that because of Eevee's unstable genetics that let it evolve into so many things. It could be possible for a sudden mutation or something that lets its body react to things like a moonstone, or a sunstone.

SuperDuper said:
The only pokemon I can think of where it would suddenly be able to evolve would have to be Eevee. But I say that because of Eevee's unstable genetics that let it evolve into so many things. It could be possible for a sudden mutation or something that lets its body react to things like a moonstone, or a sunstone.

Yet that case in particular has been avoiding obvious evolution method choices like it would be a crime.
I mean, if Gamefreak was okay with just adding new stages through existing methods, by all means Espeon/Umbreon would be evolving through Sun/Moon Stones, and after that Leafeon with a Leaf Stone.

There is however 2 exceptions to this rule, Swinub being able to have Ancientpower chain-bred to it over the Wooper-family, and Lickitung being able to learn Rollout from a move tutor in Emerald.
Not sure if gamefreak slept there or simply figured no one would have ever taught them those random moves before XD
(evolution after lv.up with certain moves was an entirely new method though)

Right now the one thing I want most is a non-cutesy Fairy type.

I had doubts when they first revealed Marill to be part Fairy, but Swirlix - who has no distinguishing Fairy like qualities (other than pink and the fairy floss pun) and Dedenne (who just looks like the average Pika clone, no Fairy qualities at all) are giving me the horrid feeling that they're just making the Fairy type the cutesy pink type.
(this is one of the reasons Oorotto should be Grass/Fairy, to show that Fairies aren't all cutesy. It could also work if it's based off of an ent)

I mean, with a name like Fairy there's no way there couldn't be any cutesy stuff in there, unless they're keeping some ultra badass Fairy capable of mass destruction from us, but they seem to be using the stereotype with Fairy = pink/cute
(I also imagine we'll get the full list of retyped Fairies in the next CoroCoro, since the updated type chart is gonna be in there as well. Fingers crossed for Misdreavus/Mismagius)

Hmm... What if most of the cutesy Fairy-types evolved into non-cutesy Pokémon? It's kind of like what they did to Inkay when it evolves. (Yes, I know it's not Fairy-type).

That or Fairy-types are only cutesy on the outside, while they actually like to hide their true tendencies and have devastating moves.

Blob55 said:
Hmm... What if most of the cutesy Fairy-types evolved into non-cutesy Pokémon? It's kind of like what they did to Inkay when it evolves. (Yes, I know it's not Fairy-type).

That or Fairy-types are only cutesy on the outside, while they actually like to hide their true tendencies and have devastating moves.

It's sad, but the only Fairy I can viably see evolving into a non-cutesy thing is Spritzee :(

Dedenne is a Pika clone so that means its bound to stay cutesy
Swirlix maybe, but it just looks too happy :/
Flabebe looks like the flower would take predominance over anything in an evolution

everyone and their mother has heard about the Spritzee = plague doctor thing so I'm not gonna talk about it even more

Altho I really hope like you said, they just look cute to hide evil tendencies and all. I also think that they could have devastating moves, Draining Kiss shows this (the user kisses the opponent sweetly, but actually hurts the opponent and regains the Pokemons HP). I'd love to see a Fairy move that was the epitome of kindness, but after a turn or so dealt huge damage to the opponent and lowered its stats (the opponents)

Back