Finished Werewolf XXVIII: Omega Alpha - Game Finished - Postgame Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah @Vom Rf's comment about gloating that scum is dead is often a scum tell so there's that
Apart from that, Rf hasn't really posted anything to suggest that he's scum, though he hasn't really posted much at all so there's that as well...

Apart from Rf the only other real leads are Celever and maybe IE, though I think Cel is town and IE has claimed power role

Yeah @Vom Rf's comment about gloating that scum is dead is often a scum tell so there's that
Apart from that, Rf hasn't really posted anything to suggest that he's scum, though he hasn't really posted much at all so there's that as well...

Apart from Rf the only other real leads are Celever and maybe IE, though I think Cel is town and IE has claimed power role

Ice Espeon has me rather curious and I definitely believe that that he's trying to avoid everyone in order to keep his role hidden. I maybe wrong on this aspect (I don't really know how everyone plays entirely and purely basing this on more experience at this point) but I think that's a decent lead to go off of on itself.

As for Reinforce, I'd still call him neutral-town as for right now unless someone is able to force some serious pressure to claim he's scum or town otherwise.

IE claimed? o_O
And yeah Celever seems like town to me.

He claimed to have an item so OP that he wouldn't share what it is :p Whatever that may be! Haha! If I'm correct then I have a fairly good idea of who he could possible be and what his item is!

(And if I'm right then it'd wouldn't be a bad idea to share :) Though I could be completely wrong and going down the completely wrong path...)

In case people forgot, @Celever asked for whomever got Muddy Watered and also for Altaria to come forward for some "mysterious" reason :)

Come on people... we need leads and info!

I didn't get attacked, I just used my spearrow from the horde. I am also in possession of an ability that makes my voting power 3 but I am more easily lynched by the power of 3 votes. I basically have a decent ability that can lynch other people 3 votes in on that person, or screw me over and get myselff lynched for being an idiot. And all of this is in the hands of someone that does NOT know what they are doing AT ALL.

He claimed to have an item so OP that he wouldn't share what it is :p Whatever that may be! Haha! If I'm correct then I have a fairly good idea of who he could possible be and what his item is!

(And if I'm right then it'd wouldn't be a bad idea to share :) Though I could be completely wrong and going down the completely wrong path...)

In case people forgot, @Celever asked for whomever got Muddy Watered and also for Altaria to come forward for some "mysterious" reason :)

Come on people... we need leads and info!

I'm not trying to sound forceful, but we all need to sit down and agree on who to come at first and put pressure on them until we feel that we either have a solid lead or they're town and try and dissect their previous and current posts.

I agree with you SS2, it's be nice to just sit down and find to someone to lynch ;) haha!

Atm with everything that's come up today Reinforce has probably been the scummiest just with that one comment gloating about scum deaths. He hasn't been particularly active (well no more than he usually is) but the comments he has provided on the most part have been generally helpful and his Ranger knowledge is handy :)
I read him as town apart from that comment so i think RF would be a nice place to start!
##unvote: Vom
##vote: Reinforce

I know you replied to TT already but got anything else to add? @Reinforce

Well. That was... anti-climactic. And fast.

And I guess that should put you both trustworthy. I'm just hoping this wasn't planned or something :p ...because that would be heart-breaking at the end, really.

Oh and @PMJ after re-reading and analyzing, I got the hint that you already answered the question I posed in a different reply afterwards to Celever, and I'm satisfied with it. For now. And for this game, I suppose.

... Sigh, I don't what a repeat of yesterday just pressuring the people who haven't posted yet. Out of all lynch candidates so far, SilverSilent's claim is the least solid for me, but I'll do some deep reading to see if all the factors really check out.

This is the first thing actually that made me suspect RF. Since it doesn't seem like he really has done deep reading and checking. Or.. simply contribute and share his thoughts after that. It seems like he is posting to look like he is searching scums. I remember PMJ saying somewhere last game (I think in the graveyard) that making yourself look like you are scum hunting is a good scum strategy.

Oh, wow, a lot has happened. But boy are we lucky, two wolves down!

Tired out from a 12-hour work shift, I'll post my thoughts and/or answer questions tomorrow.

GG did the same thing with the "yay we killed a wolf" and he was town. I don't know how much we can take that as a scum tell.

I'm still going to vote him for now because of what I said under the first quote.

##UNVOTE:Celever

I'm reading you as scum but after looking at the evidences and the matching role in addition to the things some members have said about it being too much for being 2 safe claims, I can't leave my vote just because of my feelings. (although they were pretty good last game with Jeremy :p ). Plus, it seems no one else wants to lynch you so there is also no point.

##VOTE:Reinforce

@Squirtle Squad

Well, since you yourself admit that the only reason you're seeing me as wolf is that I "gloated" over dead wolves (instead of "being pleasantly surprised about the events" as I had intended when I said that), I don't really know what to say, tbh. It's not like there's an ability or role result that someone has revealed that incriminates me, which is what a person-accused-scum would normally defend himself over. This is how I see the current accusation on me:

I posted something ---> TT claims that it's similar to posts he makes when HE is scum ---> Therefore I am scum by conclusion

And I'm like what??? ?

I'd understand my accusation if TT claims it's similar to posts that -I- make if -I- was scum. That's metagaming, and it's an actual term at Pokebeach's Werewolf dictionary.

But it's not... Unless... IS THIS PROOF UNIVERSALLY APPLICABLE?

That's why I'm repeatedly asking if that post is something that is applied to general player base to use to accuse them as wolf,. Because if it's just specific to particular players, like perhaps, TT, then I don't understand the logic of applying it to me and then accusing me on the same grounds.

Because that implies that every player has the same playstyle and way of thinking and posting.

And that's how and why you'd end up accusing someone with a proof that actually applies to a different person. (In this case, me and TT)

Which is ILLOGICAL.

That's what I think of all this.

... Well, I do have questions and suggestions posed to simsands and TT at my last post that draws on my "Ranger and manga knowledge" as you put it (thanks for the compliment), but I guess they aren't around or haven't seen it yet. I'll just re-post it if it seems like it got lost among the sea of comments.

@simsands If you're looking for a Dragon Pokemon, perhaps it is possible to be Mega Sceptile as Grass/Dragon?
@TwistedTurtwig There isn't really any character that comes to mind to be connected to Ralts besides Wally and Ralts-Gallade. ... Well, there's manga-version Brendan/Ruby who does actually have a Ralts/Kirlia, but Celever's calling him/himself Brendan, so maybe he's the game version and can't be it. Aside from the obvious Tate/Liza, your only character possibility for who could own a Ralts would be an original character Ranger. Analyzing your ability's wording from all angles, how sure are you that it implies there's another Ralts out there? Or could it be that the "stated" Ralts you say is in your ability actually refers to your own Ralts instead? (Is the wording really strange?)
Additional: Also, is it only the Ralts evo line? Or could it be any Psychic Pokemon? We've had Xatu claim, as well as possibly Tate/Liza or Steven't Metagross. You sure it's not them you're supposed to be looking for?

@scattered mind

Hmm, I've already explained myself about the latter, but the first one perhaps has to be something to do with PMJ.

And also the fact that I rarely, if ever, post stuff straightforwardly in WW (unless it's near the end of the game e.g. TheGuy's game and Athena's game). Call it scummily withholding info from town, but that's because I don't want to just immediately blurt out what I deduce and give wolves unnecessary information. I believe there's a proper time to reveal vital information.

Recall that Celever might have been the one pushing PMJ's lynch, but I've been pushing at PMJ as well about his hammering. Posts #427 and #592 if you want to be precise. But then that post of mine you quoted, is post#597, which you would observe is different in tone to the two previous ones. My statement directed at PMJ, is actually about me realizing and accepting his explanation that "hammering is not a scumtell." I very clearly backed off attacking him.

Why? Because I realized he might not be a wolf after all.

How? Because I did analyze and re-read back through the pages of comments and saw this post of PMJ's. Post #475:

Case on simsands: His last vote for Luis reeked of bandwagon. If you wanna look at a "please give me townie points" vote, Celever, that's a far better example than any hammer vote. The update also confirms him as not being Solana, Kate, Kellyn, Keith, or my character, so that drastically reduces the odds of him being aligned with the town - especially since we have two scum teams.

I wasn't sure if the slip was intentional or not, but I felt it significant, because Lunick, as a Ranger protagonist, would be logically town, just like the three Rangers from Shadows of Almia are.

And no, this realization "didn't come after the fact". That post is 475, the post quoted from me is 597, PMJ outright stated and claimed to be Lunick on 652. A logical order. And if I'd been around at the time, I would have switched and defended PMJ by re-quoting that post, as looking at the posts that followed, NO ONE realized that PMJ had all but stated his role name waaaay before he claimed. But he had claimed by the time I got back online. Votes around him disappeared (partly due to simsands) so I didn't feel the need to defend him anymore. Of course, to my utter shock, the votes returned and he got lynched in a quick span near the end of the Day when I wasn't around again.

So... Yeah, I did re-read back and analyze AND scumhunt, @scattered mind. Scumhunting isn't always about pinpointing who actually is scum. It can also work by confirming who is town and using the process of elimination on the player list, right? It's just that I don't immediately blurt out my findings. I'm more of a subtle hinter on information about myself or ones I deduce. Even now on this post.

I meant that you are acting like you are scum hunting but you end up not doing anything. Analyze thoughts in your mind on who is possibly scum and who we should lynch without sharing them to the group is not doing anything.
Your examples for sharing your thoughts are not so good since you are talking about things that are related to people's claimed roles and Pokemon but when you need to share your thoughts on who do you think is scum like what we had with SilverSilent, you just say that you'll do some deep reading but never to return with your thoughts. Now you are saying that you never meant to come back with them since you are not willing to share them which I don't see why not?

I meant that you are acting like you are scum hunting but you end up not doing anything. Analyze thoughts in your mind on who is possibly scum and who we should lynch without sharing them to the group is not doing anything.
Your examples for sharing your thoughts are not so good since you are talking about things that are related to people's claimed roles and Pokemon but when you need to share your thoughts on who do you think is scum like what we had with SilverSilent, you just say that you'll do some deep reading but never to return with your thoughts. Now you are saying that you never meant to come back with them since you are not willing to share them which I don't see why not?

scattered mind, honestly, why is your immediate thought process from my post in the extreme negative direction? Look at the bolded part of your question, and then look at me quote myself in the previous post, which has now made me wonder whether you actually read all of my previous post.

And also the fact that I rarely, if ever, post stuff straightforwardly in WW (unless it's near the end of the game e.g. TheGuy's game and Athena's game). Call it scummily withholding info from town, but that's because I don't want to just immediately blurt out what I deduce and give wolves unnecessary information. I believe there's a proper time to reveal vital information.

o... Yeah, I did re-read back and analyze AND scumhunt, @scattered mind. Scumhunting isn't always about pinpointing who actually is scum. It can also work by confirming who is town and using the process of elimination on the player list, right? It's just that I don't immediately blurt out my findings. I'm more of a subtle hinter on information about myself or ones I deduce. Even now on this post.

How exactly did those words give you the impression that "Reinforce DOES NOT want to share info and NEVER intends to", as you say in the part of your post that I have bolded? How did it become "not immediately = never"???

Also, if you look at all the posts since the game started, you'd be hard-pressed to find any other player who actually directs a question to me or asks me to state my opinion. Before you right now, that is. And I'm the kind of person who doesn't speak up unless spoken to. I've played 9+ WW games here with that mindset and playstyle, and I'm still here, so I assume it's not forbidden.

Seriously, all you need to do is ask, and I'll put what info I can share in a separate post. If you're still willing to hear me out, that is. I had a previous WW experience where, after being accused of being scummy, people didn't want to hear my opinions about the game anymore. And even when I tried and did post, they ignored it completely, and went on posting as if I didn't say anything, so that's part of why I'm apprehensive. If you don't want my opinion though, that's fine with me too.

Again, I didn't say you will never share your thoughts. Read again. I said that you was never going to share the thoughts you were talking about referring to your post about "doing some deep reading". I even posted later own this quote and asked you "How deep is that reading?" but you never answered.

I don't like the arguments against Reinforce. They're written from the perspective of someone who really wants him to be mafia, as opposed to a town scumhunter.

Hm. Okay, I admit I missed that one. Then again, I was not online for around the last quarter of Day 2.

So, I'll answer that question now. The one about PMJ I've already explained. So I'd say what else I got from reading back then and you be the judge of "how deep" it is, although I'll mix in my current thoughts too so that it's consolidated nicely.

1) SilverSilent, I'm still not completely sold on his claim, mostly because non-canon characters are easy to fake and explained away, but his play and posting style has been honest and calm, as opposed to being a panicky wolf under pressure, so I get why the votes went away. But, he hasn't really "proven" his role yet for me, as the results he's stated so far give nothing groundbreaking new, and I think he could just as easily have an entire different ability, and all the results he's said to us are just iterations of what we already know or can deduce from the previous day. (Like we know this person has 1 vote weight, and all he does is "prove" it, according to what his ability does.). When we run out of leads, I'll take another long hard look at his claim and D1 posts but for now, he's not on the top of the list of who I'd go after.
2) GM Draclord is who I would have voted for yesterday if I had managed to get back, mostly because he kept on mentioning vote weights, which, in my eyes, looks like he was attempting to look like he was gathering information, but his deductions come from things that are in plain sight (vote counts). So I was thinking that he was just pretending to be informative and I find that suspicious of him on a playstyle basis. But he got killed and flipped wolf, so I suppose that this is settled now.
3) simsands's claim sounded odd to me, as another non-canon character it'd have been easy to dodge flavor inconsistencies, and he did seem to come to PMJ's defense rather quick that you'd think they're wolf buddies. But now though, thanks to PMJ's flip, he's proven his ability as it really is, and as stated from PMJ's last couple of posts, his defense of PMJ was more of a town defending someone they know to be town thanks to ability. I'm still vigilant about him though, just in case, and I am still awaiting an answer from the question I just posed to him.
4) Keeper of Night claimed Ben from Guardian Signs, but while that is a canon character from a very awesome game, I have yet to see mention of him in the update. Both Lunick and Solana were in the game and they were both mentioned at the very start. With their repeated mentions, and after scattered mind claimed Kellyn, I'm betting the complete trio from Shadows of Almia is here in the game too. But I find it strange that Ben would be here... but NOT Summer. This suspicion is only slightly based on the fact that no one has claimed Summer... yet (and of course it's not me). If only Ben is here, that raises the possibility that he is an outsider, a possible safe claim. I'm willing to put this suspicion to rest should someone claim Summer though.

My most suspicious at the moment though, is... Empoleon master. He claimed Elita, but said he doesn't have Skarmory as per post 795. From the Ranger flips we've had, we saw that they have their partner Pokemon. Rangers' Partner Pokemon defines their character and vice versa, they go together. It's like their signature. What reason is there not to have the Ranger paired with their Partner Pokemon? None, so that raises the possibility that his role isn't truly Elita. Furthermore, from a character importance standpoint, I also find it odd that Elita is here, but not Aria, Spenser, Joel or Cameron, who are arguably more prominent characters in the first Ranger series. You don't even meet her till later in the game. I don't know, my gut just says that Elita is a really strange choice to be here in the game for some reason, especially when the others who first come to mind aren't. Which I guess can be partly explained if she is a safeclaim.

I thought him newbie town after what happened Day 1, but after finding this out and thinking about it, I just can't drop the weird disconcert it gives me. You can probably chalk this up on my being a Ranger nerd, I suppose.

So he's my current suspect. ##VOTE: Empoleon-master

@simsands If you're looking for a Dragon Pokemon, perhaps it is possible to be Mega Sceptile as Grass/Dragon?

No, I can't see it being Mega Sceptile. Someone used the ability on me during d2 (Or possibly n1, though I wasn't notified until the end of d2). At this time, the Sceptile had not mega evolved yet. At least I assume so, since the Sceptilite was traded last night... :>

Anyway.

At the start of the day, I was pretty much certain that Celever and Ice Espeon were scum. There's not really much to say about that without repeating what's already been said today and yesterday. Now, Celever seem to have pulled back somewhat, maybe realizing he's only making himself look more scummy. Ice Espeon went with the "Don't lynch me or bad things will happen", which is really scummy in my book... They are my biggest scum reads right now. You guys mostly seem to believe Celever right now, though, so I'm going for IE. If he flips scum, we'll have a great lead going into the next day, even if I get blocked again.

##vote: Ice Espeon

Hm. Okay, I admit I missed that one. Then again, I was not online for around the last quarter of Day 2.

So, I'll answer that question now. The one about PMJ I've already explained. So I'd say what else I got from reading back then and you be the judge of "how deep" it is, although I'll mix in my current thoughts too so that it's consolidated nicely.

1) SilverSilent, I'm still not completely sold on his claim, mostly because non-canon characters are easy to fake and explained away, but his play and posting style has been honest and calm, as opposed to being a panicky wolf under pressure, so I get why the votes went away. But, he hasn't really "proven" his role yet for me, as the results he's stated so far give nothing groundbreaking new, and I think he could just as easily have an entire different ability, and all the results he's said to us are just iterations of what we already know or can deduce from the previous day. (Like we know this person has 1 vote weight, and all he does is "prove" it, according to what his ability does.). When we run out of leads, I'll take another long hard look at his claim and D1 posts but for now, he's not on the top of the list of who I'd go after.
2) GM Draclord is who I would have voted for yesterday if I had managed to get back, mostly because he kept on mentioning vote weights, which, in my eyes, looks like he was attempting to look like he was gathering information, but his deductions come from things that are in plain sight (vote counts). So I was thinking that he was just pretending to be informative and I find that suspicious of him on a playstyle basis. But he got killed and flipped wolf, so I suppose that this is settled now.
3) simsands's claim sounded odd to me, as another non-canon character it'd have been easy to dodge flavor inconsistencies, and he did seem to come to PMJ's defense rather quick that you'd think they're wolf buddies. But now though, thanks to PMJ's flip, he's proven his ability as it really is, and as stated from PMJ's last couple of posts, his defense of PMJ was more of a town defending someone they know to be town thanks to ability. I'm still vigilant about him though, just in case, and I am still awaiting an answer from the question I just posed to him.
4) Keeper of Night claimed Ben from Guardian Signs, but while that is a canon character from a very awesome game, I have yet to see mention of him in the update. Both Lunick and Solana were in the game and they were both mentioned at the very start. With their repeated mentions, and after scattered mind claimed Kellyn, I'm betting the complete trio from Shadows of Almia is here in the game too. But I find it strange that Ben would be here... but NOT Summer. This suspicion is only slightly based on the fact that no one has claimed Summer... yet (and of course it's not me). If only Ben is here, that raises the possibility that he is an outsider, a possible safe claim. I'm willing to put this suspicion to rest should someone claim Summer though.

My most suspicious at the moment though, is... Empoleon master. He claimed Elita, but said he doesn't have Skarmory as per post 795. From the Ranger flips we've had, we saw that they have their partner Pokemon. Rangers' Partner Pokemon defines their character and vice versa, they go together. It's like their signature. What reason is there not to have the Ranger paired with their Partner Pokemon? None, so that raises the possibility that his role isn't truly Elita. Furthermore, from a character importance standpoint, I also find it odd that Elita is here, but not Aria, Spenser, Joel or Cameron, who are arguably more prominent characters in the first Ranger series. You don't even meet her till later in the game. I don't know, my gut just says that Elita is a really strange choice to be here in the game for some reason, especially when the others who first come to mind aren't. Which I guess can be partly explained if she is a safeclaim.

I thought him newbie town after what happened Day 1, but after finding this out and thinking about it, I just can't drop the weird disconcert it gives me. You can probably chalk this up on my being a Ranger nerd, I suppose.

You're the one weirded out about how I don't have a skarmory? Try being the person that realized that their character actually existed after TGK did a google search. I really don't know why I even have the pokemon I do instead, my guess is that it fits in with the ability it has better? Also I have a one shot ability that's like the dectective's ability, however it requires more cunning than I have as I am so new to this game. I hope the following doesn't sound scummy but I request that we all reveal which Ite we have for which pokemon, this will alow us to see and find out if one gets stolen by the theif player in the event that the theif also kills the ite holder.

No, I can't see it being Mega Sceptile. Someone used the ability on me during d2 (Or possibly n1, though I wasn't notified until the end of d2). At this time, the Sceptile had not mega evolved yet. At least I assume so, since the Sceptilite was traded last night... :>

Anyway.

At the start of the day, I was pretty much certain that Celever and Ice Espeon were scum. There's not really much to say about that without repeating what's already been said today and yesterday. Now, Celever seem to have pulled back somewhat, maybe realizing he's only making himself look more scummy. Ice Espeon went with the "Don't lynch me or bad things will happen", which is really scummy in my book... They are my biggest scum reads right now. You guys mostly seem to believe Celever right now, though, so I'm going for IE. If he flips scum, we'll have a great lead going into the next day, even if I get blocked again.

##vote: Ice Espeon

I said that because it's true. I will be sending an item to scattered mind tonight that will confirm my identity. I do not know what this item does. Lynch me tomorrow if you have any doubts, but as long as it isn't intercepted my identity will be confirmed. Scattered Mind doesn't have to reveal who I am, but he'll know I'm town.

hmm.. I think you are on to something, every member who has claimed both his Pokemon and his role name has his "right" Pokemon iirc. Except for SS2.. who claimed Xatu right? I think Ethan never had that one? and wait, there is also tgk and Wally which has more than one Pokemon.
idk..
Anyway,

##UNVOTE:Reinforce

For now, I can't tell. So I'll leave it like that until we'll get something.

@simsands - You are right about Ice Espeon, it was very scummy, but then again, he didn't just say "something bad will happen" he also said that he'll give me something to prove it. I don't know why the hell a scum would do that, so I don't know if voting for him now is the best thing. My paranoid senses are telling me this could be some sort of trap, I hope it's not an evil bomb @Ice Espeon !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back