Finished Werewolf XXVI: Harmonic Divergence | Town Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Werewolf XXVI: Harmonic Divergence | Night 1 Ends on the 25th at 22:00 BST

I won't be able to update the game tonight as it's quite late, so there will be a 12 hour night extension in which actions can still be submitted.

Divergence_2_1.png

After an eventful (and long) night, the town awoke in shock to find the body of...

grantm1999 - Aiwei - Earthbender - Town

You are a highly skilled earthbender and a trusted member of the community in Zaofu, gaining notoriety for your ability to tell through earthbending whether someone is lying or telling the truth. You were formerly a known associate of the Red Lotus and Zaheer, but Harmonic Divergence has given you visions of what will happen if you retain your allegiance to them - an eternity in the fog of lost souls is not something you desire. In attempt to prove to the world that you have renounced your ways, you have travelled to Republic City in order to fight both the Red Lotus and the Equalists.

Bending Ability - Truth Seer

You may use this ability once during the game at night. Using the seismic sense ability, you are able to feel vibrations that can accurately tell whether a person is lying or not, making you known as a truth seer. During this crisis you intend to put these powers to good use. This ability allows you to send me the post number of twelve separate posts made by twelve separate people. I will proceed to tell you whether there is a lie in any of these posts as a whole (not individually). My answer will either be “no lies” or “at least one lie”. You will die three days after using this ability.

Non-Bending Ability - Guilty Conscience

This ability is passive and is in effect for the duration of the game. Due to your previous association with the Red Lotus, there are suspicions you may still be aligned with them. Any investigations of your alignment will show you to be a member of the Red Lotus.

Win Condition - Eliminate all threats to the town.

...lying out in the open. The mark of the Red Lotus lay next to his corpse, denoting the identity of his killers.

You all heard the following announcement:

Pineapples. #Camospam. This is Muffin lol. Camo died. Now let's go for KoN.

With that, you begin the day.

---

With the new conversation system we have, it will be much easier for you to submit actions now :). I would very much appreciate it if all actions are sent as a reply to your original role PM from now on. The option to edit conversations is now available but obviously this is against the rules for this game.

Voting procedures are outlined in the original post and it will take a total weight of 13 votes to reach a majority today. To get my attention, use ##Ice Espeon (I would prefer if this is bolded).

I have my first A-level exam of the year next Wednesday (woo Mechanics 2 :D) so I won't be as able to update until afterwards. For that reason this day will end on Wednesday the 13th of May at 20:00 BST.

Ok, well... HI! It seems like forever since this was updated, which was obviously due to the site being down, but... I can barely even remember what happened yesterday or my reads on anyone... I just know that 2 townies are dead and no anti-town, so it's not the best start in the world, though it is the norm.

Oh, and all of you need to watch this thread so that you're reminded to check it every morning. Unless no one posts during you whole night in which case you need to post something...

It's a feature in xenForo (the new forum software). It'll be lower down on your monitor once you scroll as high to the top of the page as you can.

Ok, haven't had to think about this for a while... Umm yesterday KON and Camo tied in votes, both were pretty against each other and Camo flipped town... Could look into him.

I've got a couple of snippets of info but nothing that'll really influence any votes on people. Nor do I have any leads...

Anyone have anything???

It was to be assumed Grant would get killed, I guess I was kinda hoping someone would save him somehow! Ahh!!

And so it begins again! That was a quite a long break in between days, what with the forums being down and all. It's a shame that we didn't have Zhu Li working on them. After all, she does the thing better than anyone else I know!

I currently have zero leads on anyone, since I was at Disney for the latter half of Day 1, so I'm not entirely caught up. Keeper does seem like a decent person to look into though, given the huge debate between Camo and him.

Who is Zhu Li?

I don't have any leads either (not that I usually do :p ) simply because I forgot this was a thing. Yeah, the things that changning the forums makes :v

I'd like to look into Vom since he decided not to vote for anyone during the previous Day (and thus led the Town to a random decision).

Are we believing that the announcer is in fact Muffin? I kind of don't think it is because he seemed awfully excited that we killed a townie.

Are we believing that the announcer is in fact Muffin? I kind of don't think it is because he seemed awfully excited that we killed a townie.
I think the announcer is Muffin. Notice when I sorta questioned the announcer's motives as my first post, Muffin was the one who sorta jumped and 'defended' the announcer (but subtly). If Muffin is not the reporter, I have no idea why he would bother claiming reporter, unless he's claiming as a cover role (which seems like a very stupid thing to do).

On the side, I'm extremely surprised that there was no posts while I was at school! I normally am greeted by at the very least 10+.

Yeah id believe muffin to be the announcer. It can't be proven if he is but it wouldn't surprise me. His claim was believable enough.

I'm assuming TT is claiming Zhu Li? I'm gonna go google him and come back!

I still think that KoN acted like town yesterday TBH. I skimmed over the thread again, though I ignored most of Camo's one liners if they didn't have quotes in them because they were probably useless.

Bigfoot was a scum read yesterday, so we should start with him. @BigfootAUS (you tag people by putting an '@' and then their name, e.g @ Celever without the space. It gives them an alert to come read the thread.) please come and give your thoughts on the whole of Day 1 and who you think we should lynch today if anyone.

Well, it's been a while since "yesterday" :p and I have kinda forgotten what happened yesterday unfortunately. I usually don't pay much attention Day 1, as I'm used to stuff starting to happen after the RVS/after something happens.

I'm not sure about muffin, it seems a bit weird to claim in that way, so just for now I'm taking his words with a grain of salt (as I suppose you would with all anonymous messages).

RE: Werewolf XXVI: Harmonic Divergence | Day 1 Ends on the 22nd at 22:00 BST

No need, I'll post a summary of what I can remember.
- RVS
- Camo pushed a lynch on me without building a case and fsr people followed.
- I claimed:
- Camo was being incredibly scummy, so a few people started pushing his lynch.
- Probably 10-15 pages of Camo trying to provoke people into arguing with him and spamming to try and prove a point over a trivial matter anyway. He failed to prove the point, but he did manage to provoke me because it was early morning. Nothing useful actually happened in that page.
- Camo's wagon built up because it had an excellent case.
- Camo tried his hardest to push a lynch on me in spite of me claiming an extremely believable role and having done nothing scummy :/
- Camo claimed:
Camoclone - Toph Beifong - Earthbender - Town

You are a legendary earthbender who discovered and perfected the art of Metal Bending, and were instrumental in defeating Fire Lord Ozai. Despite being blind, you are able to “see” through your earthbending abilities, able to sense any movements and learn the locations of objects in the area. You became the Chief of Police in Republic City, but eventually left your post to travel the world again. Due to the threat posed by Harmonic Divergence, you have decided to travel back to Republic City to help defeat the Equalists and the Red Lotus.

Bending Ability - Seismic Sense

You may use this ability once every night. One of your most useful skills when you were the Chief of Police was your ability to “see”, allowing you to track what suspects did. This ability allows you investigate a player and you will discover which player they targeted during the night (if any).

(^^^ no formatting because I can't get it, since his role is within a quote in a quote. The post is here ^^^)
- Like no one jumped off his lynch because he still did a load of scummy s*** and....
- He's now trying (and was trying) to lynch Scorched Feathers. SF hasn't posted much today at all, and only tried to lynch him around his bed time so he'd have an extremely limited amount of time to respond (he'll get back from school in 8 or 9 hours, day ends in 16 hours I think).
- Bigfoot came in with his incredible avatar knowledge and seemingly put grant in the firing line.
- Of course, Camo jumped on it.
- Grant's wagon built up a bit, so to save time Grant claimed:
grantm1999 - Aiwei - Earthbender - Town

You are a highly skilled earthbender and a trusted member of the community in Zaofu, gaining notoriety for your ability to tell through earthbending whether someone is lying or telling the truth. You were formerly a known associate of the Red Lotus and Zaheer, but Harmonic Divergence has given you visions of what will happen if you retain your allegiance to them - an eternity in the fog of lost souls is not something you desire. In attempt to prove to the world that you have renounced your ways, you have travelled to Republic City in order to fight both the Red Lotus and the Equalists.

Bending Ability - Truth Seer

You may use this ability once during the game at night. Using the seismic sense ability, you are able to feel vibrations that can accurately tell whether a person is lying or not, making you known as a truth seer. During this crisis you intend to put these powers to good use. This ability allows you to send me the post number of twelve separate posts made by twelve separate people. I will proceed to tell you whether there is a lie in any of these posts as a whole (not individually). My answer will either be “no lies” or “at least one lie”. You will die three days after using this ability.

Non-Bending Ability - Guilty Conscience

This ability is passive and is in effect for the duration of the game. Due to your previous association with the Red Lotus, there are suspicions you may still be aligned with them. Any investigations of your alignment will show you to be a member of the Red Lotus.

(^^^ No formatting again, the actual post is here.^^^)
- Everyone who was on the grant wagon (wasn't me, BTW, and wouldn't have been if I were here) jumped off again.
- Camo went back to trying to lynch SF.
- Camo is still clear majority, which I'm fine with.

Some time in the middle of all of that, Muffin, completely unprovoked, against the town's wishes and after saying that my early claim was dumb, claimed this:
Mr.Muffin - Shiro Shinobi - Non-Bender - Town

You are a popular radio broadcaster who provides commentary on pro-bending matches and other notable events that take place in Republic City. You are keen to keep reporting during the events of Harmonic Divergence, despite the threat posed to you and others.

Non-Bending Ability - Newsreel

You may use this ability once every night. This ability allows you to send me an announcement of no more than 140 characters, which will be revealed anonymously in the end of night update.

I mean, you can read the thread if you want, but most of it is Camo trying to provoke me into arguing with him and succeeding :v

The mostly unbias tl;dr of yesterday.

Alright final thoughts incase something weird happens:
>Keeper is scum
>BV is scum
>Luispipe is slight scum
>Celever is probably town due to the win con thing
>If Grant doesn't die in 3 days lynch him
Add AtA to slight scum.

This would be something to look into.

I know why Camo is doing this, and it is pretty predictable lol. Good Strat. Not going to explain it because it might actually catch a scum. XD

This. Why, Muffin, did you think Camo's strat may catch scum, and do you think it did?

All of you probably should go back to the original post and read those before and after it so you know when Muffin made the post...

I think muffin thought his strategy would catch scum because it tends to? I think muffin isn't worth the lynch. We know his role claim, but until we learn how the equalists work he's not worth it. If they can remove bending each night then hes not worth it because they can just convert someone else. If it's less frequent he could be worth it because he's claimed a non bender...

Also Zhu li is a good guy double agent. They pretended to work for the bad guys. They could actually be evil after grants character flipped town

I think muffin thought his strategy would catch scum because it tends to? I think muffin isn't worth the lynch. We know his role claim, but until we learn how the equalists work he's not worth it. If they can remove bending each night then hes not worth it because they can just convert someone else. If it's less frequent he could be worth it because he's claimed a non bender...

I am talking to Muffin. Not you. I'm looking into you next.

Also Zhu li is a good guy double agent. They pretended to work for the bad guys. They could actually be evil after grants character flipped town
LMAO what even? I remember some suspicion on you now too now that I think about it, and this sort of posting could be something to do with it. Are you saying that if the equalists can remove bending more frequently, say once per night, we shouldn't lynch people who claim bending abilities? That would be very easy to take advantage of. Besides, I just remembered this, and everyone should do this. Camo agreed it was a good idea:
Everyone edit your abilities and flavour if needed to make it seem like you only have non-bending abilities, whether you do or not. We need to keep the equalists guessing.

For now, I'm going to ##Vote: Squirtle Squad. Please try and put a little more thought into your posts, because you seem to be making quite a lot of mistakes. We shouldn't prioritise the lynching of claimed non-benders over benders because it will be a huge detriment in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back