Help The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

Your Master

Aspiring Trainer
What should I buy for 200-250 dollars to start out a binder. I quit a half a year ago, and I am starting again and want to start up a binder.

Daelum

Climbing the stairs to the top
RE: How to grow the contents of your binder?

Your Master said:
Ok, what would you buy if you had around 200-250 and wanted to start a binder?

Singles.

Maybe some bulk/lots.

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Your Master said:
Ok, what would you buy if you had around 200-250 and wanted to start a binder @omahanime?

What is primary focus?

Your Master

Aspiring Trainer

Well, I have a TDK deck, and that is about it. I want to start a brand new binder from scratch. I'm thinking about just buying two Plasma Blast boxes.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member

Your Master said:
Well, I have a TDK deck, and that is about it. I want to start a brand new binder from scratch. I'm thinking about just buying two Plasma Blast boxes.

It really depends on what it is you want in the binder. Are you looking to complete sets? Have a large variety of trade-able cards? Just have a bunch of any cards? Would you prefer to open packs yourself or buy singles? Different people collect different things.

Since it seems like you're also playing, I'd suggest singles intermixed with 1-2 boxes of Plasma Blast. This should give you a nice mix of playability (some good EXes and some nice trade-able trainers like Catcher). I say 1-2 boxes because it would depend on how much you feel like spending on singles, but there's some nice collectible and playable cards from earlier in the BW series as well. However, this is just a very general suggestion based on what I've seen you posting elsewhere since I don't really have a specific idea of what it is you want to have in your binder.

Markusarrow

Aspiring Trainer
exdarkrai01 said:
Buy the singles. You wont pull 4 of each of those in two boxes.
I would just buy single packs ,find the right place and stick with that place, I have been killing it with pulls lately, ex's 8 in the last 10 packs? something is strange lol...
:)

Your Master

Aspiring Trainer

Artemis said:
Your Master said:

It really depends on what it is you want in the binder. Are you looking to complete sets? Have a large variety of trade-able cards? Just have a bunch of any cards? Would you prefer to open packs yourself or buy singles? Different people collect different things.

Since it seems like you're also playing, I'd suggest singles intermixed with 1-2 boxes of Plasma Blast. This should give you a nice mix of playability (some good EXes and some nice trade-able trainers like Catcher). I say 1-2 boxes because it would depend on how much you feel like spending on singles, but there's some nice collectible and playable cards from earlier in the BW series as well. However, this is just a very general suggestion based on what I've seen you posting elsewhere since I don't really have a specific idea of what it is you want to have in your binder.

Well, I want a trad-able binder, and I figured Plasma Blast is the best all around with the most expensive cards bar Tropical Beach. If I only opened one box, what singles would you recommend me buy? Should I just buy some like 10-20 dollar ex's or FA supporters or what. I'm not really trying to collect anything and I don't care if I open packs or buy singles, but everybody knows opening packs is more fun.

Scomlo

Aspiring Trainer

I've recently just started playing the TCG again also.
After about a month, I feel confident that my trade binder is quite trade-able and worthwhile to look through.

I personally would recommend balancing out on what you purchase. Although buying the single cards that you need for your deck will help you out with finishing it off, it will still leave your trades at a bare minimum. I would avoid spending money on buying single cards to make your trades look better as I find that it is the least efficient way to make your Trades higher rated. Purchasing Booster Boxes I believe is the best way to make your Binder better - I would recommend NOT buying certain sets to find specific cards for decks, as of course the odds aren't entirely in your favour. Also, you must put into account what sets are worth better to purchase. Of course, buying the oldest set in the competitive format will mean you are spending £99 on cards that will only be legal for another year. I myself ONLY purchase boosters of the most recent set, as the trade value for those cards are 100x better. With the cards you don't need from the sets, you can use them to trade with other people.. Meaning you won't miss out from getting cards from older sets you need! :D

To make sure you are balanced with what you purchase, I would recommend purchasing the "harder to get cards" for the deck you need, and then using the left over money you have to purchase Booster Boxes. The way I did it to make my Darkrai deck was by finding all the stables, and then purchasing them which only lead to about £50-£60, with my left over cash I brought half a box which, although didn't make my binder look incredible, it started to look more like a trade folder rather than just a bunch of random cards I have found from a couple packs or online stores :)

I hope this helps! : )

Scomlo

Aspiring Trainer

Your Master said:
Well, I have my deck, so should I just buy 2 plasma blast boxes?

I would just start purchasing boxes to build up my folder. You're almost guaranteed to get worthwhile trades out of any box you buy!

Your Master

Aspiring Trainer

Well, I was just afraid of the pull rates, and I don't have a job atm because I'm only 15(soon to be 16 hoping to get a job) so this 200 will be my budget until probably November-January, so should I just get the two boxes?

Your Master

Aspiring Trainer

I am very scared of the very random pull ratios, what is honestly the best thing to spend 200 bucks on right now?

exdarkrai01

Aspiring Trainer

Just buy singles. Its pointless buying boxes hoping to pull th cards you want or cards you can trade to get what you want. Just straight up buy them. It honestlh doesnt sound like you can afford a nice trade binder. If your a player, buy what you need. Simple as that

Your Master

Aspiring Trainer
What are some good things to stock up on before NXD-ON?

What are some cards that would just be good in general to have for the upcoming format? By this, I mainly mean URs/SRs/Holos.

Frost Mage

Pegasususus
What booster box to buy?

So for Christmas I've been planning on using my money to buy myself my first booster box ever. But what set? I really want a Dark Explorers box, but that would cost me around $70 more than most other boxes. I have most of the Ultra Rares in Legendary Treasures, so if I got a box I'd most likely just be getting a bunch of repeats, so I don't think I want to do that, even though the pull rates are ridiculous. What do?

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
RE: What booster box to buy?

Frost Mage said:
So for Christmas I've been planning on using my money to buy myself my first booster box ever. But what set? I really want a Dark Explorers box, but that would cost me around $70 more than most other boxes. I have most of the Ultra Rares in Legendary Treasures, so if I got a box I'd most likely just be getting a bunch of repeats, so I don't think I want to do that, even though the pull rates are ridiculous. What do?

What site(s) are you seeing booster boxes for $70 more than normal prices? A normal price + shipping should be around $100 on the low end and $120 on the high end in my experience.

Are you more of a collector or a player? That makes an important difference in your decision.