The Storms ~ This format was ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours!

I can test with you on RS. PM me when you can play. Join The Storm's hamachi.

sweet. Sadly, dgx almost kills it since I rely on 3 or 4 poké-bodies at the same time :/

don't have blaziken fb or x.. Only ones I have are 3 RH platinum. Which is pretty good itself, but takes too long. Also, running psychic, water, And fire? Just to counter 1 possible card? I dunno. Since glaceon already paralyzes as an effect of it's attack since I plan on getting the total lock down mid game to early game. They can't donk a 100 hp basic very easily. And dialga chomp.. If they play it like a regular player, they'll go for garchomp c x first, but since you know what I'm trying to do (for the most part) you should run dgx first to stop the biggest factor in winning while only doing 50 a turn. I'm down for the challenge.

thanks for the input. Play testing is the important thing now. I play tested my amberlamps deck against charizard, it went smoothly. Was doing 70 t 2, and 90 t 3, before weakness cuz of lanturn prime's power. I even "won" the coin flip.

glace, did you mean am or pm for the rs?

Dialga G X is VERY widely played, even more now since it came out in the Clash of Legends Box. And it seems like it completely shuts off your deck, so it would be only natural to eliminate it as an auto-loss.

carlitos-DGX is a pain to counter, i was messing around w/ Mime Jr.+Slowking and had so many techs it was ridiculous, i ended up scraping it though b/c most games i couldn't get my ideal setup(mesprit drop, manectric pl on bench and a tails for sleep would be nice too w/ bench shield on manectric)

to counter DGX, I just attack it as soon as it's placed down, with Miasma valley out, it'll automatically get 20 damage on it, and I just have to HOPE AND PRAY that a DialgaChomp player plays it like a regular one that tries to get out their GarchompC out first. if I can get out my bench hitters before they get DGX out, I'll have a chance. and if I get the total lock before DGX is in play, I have an even better chance, cuz Glaceon's paralyzing is an effect of the attack to force a discard and not a poke-body like Giratina X does. but if they have 2 Dialga G's out, then I'm screwed cuz then they'll just keep the one card in their hand if it's poke-turn, then promote the other Dialga G and level that up. =( it won't auto-loss, but it's going to be really hard.

made a banner =)
the_storms_banner_by_carlitosbob-d38snsq.png

I think I'll be using it =D

As always (until it rotates), I will be playing Arceus.
I do have a new build that I've made for which I hope to have even better results. Early testing has show it to be faster and be able to sky spear without running out of energy.

If possible, I'd like to attend 2 states. (Utah and Idaho).
It should be a lot of fun, as people who don't know me see Arceus and think "easy win".

Good luck. I like all the activity. I'm only going to MD States, unless I get a ride to VA.

i'm hoping to go to two states(OH and IN)
I'm playing LuxChomp. I changed my list, it loses a bit in mirror(took out ditto+draggy fb but changed chomp line to 3-1) lost a power spray(now down to 2) and added a metal energy, e-belt and metal energy(for gigas, t-tar and more consistency) So i think i can still win mirror, but i now have a pretty good chance @ beating gigas and t-tar.

I Really need to make time to play test.. I'm pretty confident I can top cut @ states. Confidense + skill = win.

I think it helps you with t-tar, but the power spray would help against gigas. But how often do you see gigas in your area?

holy smokes I'm almost @ 200 posts..
anyways, for the banner I used a scene from an anime (cant remember the name) and the font is like the storm chasers (show) font, and raikou's face as the o. I may edit it to be more of raikou's face for the o.. But I'm only using Ms. Paint and infranview for resizing. (original bitmap image is 1024X something resolution)

just remember that bill is a proxy for twins, and pluspower is proxy for blackbelt. :)

go on hamachi, I got one now. don't really want to send my IP through here, or even PM. ya know?

carlitosboob-I don't see Gigas too much, but the idea here is that the Lucario+Metal+Belt can OHKO gigas as can Croak+Belt so i should be okay. I'm just worried about losing to those random decks, for the most part i know the Vilegar/Machamp/G-dos/LuxChomp/DialgaChomp etc. matchups inside and out so even if i don't have a good matchup i can win but it's those stupid decks that hurt me.

wanna playtest? I'm on Hamachi right now. how do we use redshark to play online? sorry for the noobish question, i usually just make a proxy deck for one of my friends to use so we can playtest, but they've not been into pokemon as much lately :/

^
my parents don't let me download hamachi etc. so i can't :(
i usually have to test v. myself/younger brother and then at league too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back