The Storms ~ This format was ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob
RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours!

@CFOURCOLTSFAN, how'd you like the interface?
gyarados deck kicks the crud out of me. Magnezone/luxray GL X doesn't. if I get my glaceon X out in time, it can't do anything.

getting glace out first is important. I've been testing, and if I focus on Giratina and slowking first, I lose. I may have to focus on Glace X and Slowking first.

I hope I can get a second Glaceon X before states.

CFOURCOLTSFAN

Aspiring Trainer

^
liked it, sorry i had to leave early. I wish there was an easier way other than doubleclicking :p

Zangoose

Aspiring Trainer

LackeyCCG's pretty nice, not gonna lie. You can play any card game and even make your own. Palkia's testing well.

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob

::sigh:: gyarados is waaay too fast for my deck. and glaceon and giratina only speed it up more. =(

if only they reprinted poke-flute.

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member

I play Jumpluff. That'd be too fast, right? Or could you get Glaceon X out in time?

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob

I can get it out no problem. The problem with glace/tina is glaceon rr's ice bind attack and giratina X's poke-body.. It makes gyarados even faster at discarding karp...
I won vs lux chomp using amberlamps. mulligan'd 5 times, "won" the coin toss, started with ambipom G.. But no dce. Still pulled out the win.

and glaceon x comes out turn 2 or 3. Turn 4 or 5 if I can't retreat and have to let my starter die. By t3 I have either slowking or giratina X out too

CFOURCOLTSFAN

Aspiring Trainer

I just played him and beat his amberlamps b/c i have enough fighting techs(Croak+Lucario GL+E-belt). Also is glaceon actually bad for luxchomp? I mean i can pretty easily OHKO Glace x w/ bronzong g or dragon rush(this is w/ e-belt) and he has tough time returning KO's

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member

But Glaceon X also sort of slows down Gyarados, the can't Regimove.

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob

but Giratina X speeds up Karp discards as well as Glaceon's Ice Bind. I don't use Ice bind when against a Gyarados deck unless they have no hand.

also, CFOURCOLTSFAN beat me cuz I didn't get A: Luxray LA, and B: Sunyshore city gym.

=(

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member

Suprisingly, my VileGar isn't doing well against Jumpluff, which should be in it's favor. Wonder why...

CFOURCOLTSFAN

Aspiring Trainer

I was waiting for Sunyshore to pop up :p
That would have been a problem, the Luxray PA is the one that does more damage w/ tools right?
Also my luxchomp is doing well when it test it but i still want to add like 3 cards to it-
1 Draggy FB
1 Power Spray
1 Twins
and maybe a 4th call energy

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member

Ya, I'm 85% sure that the AR Luxray does more with tools.

Zangoose

Aspiring Trainer

^Must be nice.

Also can everyone please check out my sig? It has my Wikispace and I thought that you guys could be my first volunteers. :p

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob

I like the LA one better. if they have a LV X out it does 90 for 2 colorless and attaches electric energy from the discard onto itself. =)

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member

But what about Gyarados and Vilegar, the only Lv. X they run is Uxie X, ususally no Lv. X.

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob

well, gyarados is usually a pretty easy kill. plus powers and blackbelt in the amberlamps deck. and for 2 colorless it still does 40 and gets energy out of the discard, then it's second attack does 100. free retreat as well. it's still a good option in my deck in my opinion since I do see lv X's quite a bit and being able to do 150 on it's second attack if they have one out, it's just too tempting. especially if I just have my luxio benched and they don't know what luxray I'm running. it's like, ok, you KO'd my Lanturn.. revenge KO time. =D

should I replace it with flygon instead? it'll do about the same damage, but will cripple gyarados in that it'll remove all their BTS so after 3 or 4 gyarados KO's and revenge KO's.. they'll have to put their karp down on the bench and wait a turn. I should add a sniping tech and Technical machine TS-2. but then I think it'll be too clunky.

Status
Not open for further replies.