The Storms ~ This format was ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
TheStormsMainBanner.png

This group, known as The Storms, is for basically TCG talk. It is for discussion of TCG strategies, tournament experiences, ideas, tips, and more from your fellow Storm members.

READ THIS

Mascot

RaikouFinalXous2N.png

Why is Raikou the team mascot? Who else? We are the Storms, and Raikou is just perfect for that. Thunderclouds on its back, with some relationship with storms. Plus, it tears down enemies just like what we do against our TCG opponents.

Rules
  1. All Pokebeach rules apply
  2. NO SPAMMING
  3. No flaming
  4. Use proper spelling and grammar
  5. Be nice and respectful; the way you would want to be treated
  6. Stay active!
  7. Make friends, have fun!
~As a side note, if you do not post for five days, then you are moved to the inactive list.

Leaders
  • Gliscor

Co-Leaders
~As of now, I am only accepting 5 until the amount of members we have increase. You can become a Co-Leader by following the rules and staying active.
  • glaceon

Members
~We will always be accepting members!~
  • Shadowwiidragon
  • faceplant
  • Tylertyphlosion
  • creamyjeremy
  • jirachinick
  • Cyndaquilmaster
  • minimidget94
  • carlitosbob
  • CFOURCOLTSFAN

Inactive List
~This list is for members who have not posted for a week. If you remain on this list for another week, then you must wait for another two weeks before you may re-join~

The Storms Redshark Network
~This Hamachi is for The Storms members ONLY! Anyone who isn't in this Group and is on this network will be kicked. Members: To join, download Hamachi, go to Network-Join an Existing Network, and enter the following Username/Password:

Name: The Storms
Password: #1PokebeachGroup

Application
~Fill out this application to join, and PM it to either me~

Name:
Age Division:
How long have you been playing?:
What deck are you currently playing?:
Can you help the team (Banners, strategy, Redshark, etc.):
Your achievements:
Record:
Anything that you would want me to know?

Team Banners

TheStormsLuxrayBanner.png

~Credit to sonicyellow~
Code:
http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/sonicy5/TheStormsLuxrayBanner.png

11izb0j.png

~Credit to Pokenerd~
Code:
http://i48.tinypic.com/11izb0j.png

Storms.png

~Credit to PokeChamp~
Code:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i240/dagjones/Storms.png

feralbanner.png

~Credit to InfinityFangX~
Code:
http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af147/InfinityFangX5/feralbanner.png

raikoubanner.png

Code:
http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af147/InfinityFangX5/raikoubanner.png

rayquazabanner.png

Code:
http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af147/InfinityFangX5/rayquazabanner.png

mshwfn.png

~Credit to dragonpokemonpwn~
Code:
http://i46.tinypic.com/mshwfn.png

Raikou_banner_by_Gliscorz.png

~Credit to Gliscor~
Code:
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/057/a/0/Raikou_banner_by_Gliscorz.png

More banners will be posted once we have more!

Current Discussion
Cities, Cities, Cities!

Discuss!

RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! *Always accepting members*

Approved. (I also approve of this mascot. xD)

If you would like to join this group, please PM the clan leader. Don't ask to join in the thread. Thanks!

Thanks SR (and I thought you would've enjoyed the mascot XD)

I suppose I'll start the discussion. Anyone think about Blissey MT+Prime Blissey+DCE+Upper Energy being good? DCE/Upper will provide two energy (Upper, at least, in the late game) which increases the amount of damage Blissey MT does by quite a lot, and then if you need to heal Blissey MT you can use Prime Blissey. Although you would discard DCE/Upper attached to Blissey, you could still run some basics. Or, just not run Prime Blissey altogether.

So anyone approve of that? I was just lurking around a bit and though this could help Blissey come back.

i have not thought of using blissey. i have mostly thought of the bigger ones. donphan and ferealigatr. but it would probably work.

There are alot of decks that blissey can help, but afew of the cards in HS seem good as mains (feraligatr Prime, Jumpluff, Ho-oh/Lugia Legend, Ampharos, etc. ).

sonicyellow said:
There are alot of decks that blissey can help, but afew of the cards in HS seem good as mains (feraligatr Prime, Jumpluff, Ho-oh/Lugia Legend, Ampharos, etc. ).

I don't really believe Ho-On/Lugia Legend would be on so great. The fact that they are Legend Pokemon, meaning that you have to play both the bottom and top half together, forces you to only be able to actually have two full Legend Cards in play. That makes the Legend cards unreliable.

for most collectors the legends will be amazing. otherwise they are okay. ho-oh could go in almost any deck because of his body/power(IDK what it is). however there is an easy way to get them out. Rosy. 2 basics. get both halves and then put them out youve got a legend ready. i think it could go with charizard somewhat well. I personally like the ampharos(for some reason). my friend and i have thought of a few decks here they are

Hippowdon/Donphan

Jumpluff/Landmin/Tangrowth
heal with tangy X. +40 HP with landmin and hit hard with jumpluff.

anyone else get any good ideas?

Gliscor said:
I don't really believe Ho-On/Lugia Legend would be on so great. The fact that they are Legend Pokemon, meaning that you have to play both the bottom and top half together, forces you to only be able to actually have two full Legend Cards in play. That makes the Legend cards unreliable.

True but with double colourless, it counts as 2 fire energy on ho-oh.

richkid50000 said:
for most collectors the legends will be amazing. otherwise they are okay. ho-oh could go in almost any deck because of his body/power(IDK what it is). however there is an easy way to get them out. Rosy. 2 basics. get both halves and then put them out youve got a legend ready. i think it could go with charizard somewhat well. I personally like the ampharos(for some reason). my friend and i have thought of a few decks here they are

But that is the problem. Looking through the Legends fact, it said that Legend Pokemon are not basic Pokemon. Roseanne's can only get out basics, but since Legends aren't basics...

Blissey won't work. It takes to many energy to hit for good damage and this format is so hard hitting that it would get 2 shot by anything if not 1 shot. It gets destroyed by donphan and many other things that it just isnt really that funny.

PokeKid Brandon said:
Blissey won't work. It takes to many energy to hit for good damage and this format is so hard hitting that it would get 2 shot by anything if not 1 shot. It gets destroyed by donphan and many other things that it just isnt really that funny.

Oh wow... I forgot about Donphan and Gengar practically eating through Blissey. That is true then... would make a nice fun deck however.

Ehh not even that. You would never really be able to hit more than 70. and thats after setting it up on the bench.

PokeKid Brandon said:
Ehh not even that. You would never really be able to hit more than 70. and thats after setting it up on the bench.

The way I used to play Blissey was being able to do some high damage very quickly. Oh well, just throwing the Blissey suggestion out there.

uh, are you guys talking about Blissey or Blissey PRIME? Cuz hen i was posting i was talkin about prime. When you evolve it it heals all your pokemon, then you can SSU it to heal again.

sonicyellow said:
uh, are you guys talking about Blissey or Blissey PRIME? Cuz hen i was posting i was talkin about prime. When you evolve it it heals all your pokemon, then you can SSU it to heal again.

Both Blissey and Prime Blissey in the same deck. Theoretically, the works by using Prime Blissey to heal and DCE/Upper to do more damage, but against certain matchups and some decks, the damage output isn't so high. The best matchup I can think of off the top of my head is Flygon and Salamence, but even they can deal with Blissey.

Blissey Prime is ok. It has to be in the right deck and it's being begged to get sprayed.

PokeKid Brandon said:
Blissey Prime is ok. It has to be in the right deck and it's being begged to get sprayed.

Decks that can spam recycling energy in the discard works well with Blissey. I'm talking about decks like Kingdra, and maybe Charizard/Ninetales/Typhlosion Prime if you don't mind losing 10 damage to heal.

My Cities experience was mutually rewarding. I played Gyara and got second with it at two events, then switch to Dialga/Garchomp; I got second, 3-2, and upon perfecting the list, 1st place undefeated. If you want to see the list, it's in my report. I'd like to say that I'm grateful that I've been able to go to the amount of events that I've gone to. It was very fun, and I'm actually doing well this season. As for HG/SS cards, my list consists of Prime Feraligatr, Feraligatr, Ninetales, and Prime Donophan.

I personally believe that I have accurately predicted the Metagame. I've come to the conclusion that the metagame will mostly be:

Spiriplox
Flygon
SPs revolving around Garchomp C Lv.X
Feraligatr

PokeChamp said:
My Cities experience was mutually rewarding. I played Gyara and got second with it at two events, then switch to Dialga/Garchomp; I got second, 3-2, and upon perfecting the list, 1st place undefeated. If you want to see the list, it's in my report. I'd like to say that I'm grateful that I've been able to go to the amount of events that I've gone to. It was very fun, and I'm actually doing well this season. As for HG/SS cards, my list consists of Prime Feraligatr, Feraligatr, Ninetales, and Prime Donophan.

I personally believe that I have accurately predicted the Metagame. I've come to the conclusion that the metagame will mostly be:

Spiriplox
Flygon
SPs revolving around Garchomp C Lv.X
Feraligatr

Last swiss game at Cities. Me (Spiriplox) vs. my friend playing Gengar. He had a horrible start, and I had an awesome start. Then he topdecked a Claydol, Cosmic Powered, and in about three turns he was fully setup. Spiriplox hates me >_>

Donphan isn't on the list? It's actually one of the donk decks that can continue to do well even if it fails to donk. The 20 HP guard allows it to live longer, and by the time you can get 3 energy on Primephan you are already doing 90 damage.

Well CCs for me went ok. [all records in swiss not including TC] 4-1 4th with Flychamp, 4-1 1st with Flygon Nidoqueen, 2-1 4th with Flygon Nidoqueen 4-1 4th with Blaziken FB/Luxray GL/Manectric 3-2 7th with Blaziken FB/Luxray GL/Manectric.

I like HGSS, I have several decks that I have found to like. I'll be testing ALOT and hope to get a good list.

Gliscor said:
Last swiss game at Cities. Me (Spiriplox) vs. my friend playing Gengar. He had a horrible start, and I had an awesome start. Then he topdecked a Claydol, Cosmic Powered, and in about three turns he was fully setup. Spiriplox hates me >_>

Donphan isn't on the list? It's actually one of the donk decks that can continue to do well even if it fails to donk. The 20 HP guard allows it to live longer, and by the time you can get 3 energy on Primephan you are already doing 90 damage.

There's no reason to get 3 energy on it. Just go with Belt/Blissey/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back