The Storms ~ This format was ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! No more "I want this card in Call of Legends" posts

Yah. LostGar is overrated. Testing out CurseGar. There is no point in calling are Secret tech a Secret Tech. As C4 said, it was posted on 6 prizes. The problem with LostGar in my opineon is that it has no damage output. Better on paper then in real life. I don't know how it works in Japan.

RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! No more "I want this card in Call of Legends" posts

HGSS-ON is a whole different ball game. That's why it is so dominant.

Been testing Sableye(Lock) extensively I'm doing very well vs almost everything. Weavile G wins games.

Well. Looks like Lost Worlds coming out. Testing Jumpluff and Flyphan. May run Jumpluff at states. Depends on what is in CoL. Roseannes?

Also testing a CurseGar. Not doing well. Gliscor said it wouldn't work. He was right. LostGar isn't as good as everyone said though, so I'm not that worried. My main fear for states is Vile____. Jumpluff fails to Vileplume (well, at least mine does).

A VilePluff list I made and had some success with worked better than the Jumpluff/Disruption build I tried previously. I can PM you a rough list if you want. I also found a VERY good Stealix build, when I play by myself with it against my Gyarados, it almost always wins. Once you get rid of their 3-4 BTS (By either placing your own Stadiums down, or with Gaia Crush), you've won. You can One-Shot them if their not Expert-Belted with Skuntank G, which also gets around Rescue Energy.

Its not really disrupting either. I don't know what I is. A problem is it about half the deck is trainers. It can get Pokemon out of the hand for LostGar, but against Vilegar, it can't do anything. It often sets up T1, but against a Spiritomb start with T2 Vileplume, GG.

i think i'll be playing LuxChomp w/ AGX tech. Works good, runs smoothly and v. LostGar(which is an annoying matchup) i just stall and win on time :p

Jumpluff or VileGar. Possibly DialgaChomp. But once DGX is LZ'd, its GG unless you can pull off 4 Dragon Rushes.

^
play 2-2 DGX :)
Also that's why you i think a 1-1 agx tech in every sp deck is worth it.
Also LostGar works in JPN b/c they play w/ smaller decks and are in a HGSS-on format :p
So they don't have the following decks
dialgachomp
luxchomp
cursegar
vilegar(SF one)
machamp
gyarados
etc. etc. etc.

I'm trading all my SP stuff (including Luxray X, ALOT of RH stuff) because I'm just through with it. I love Gyarados, and I think it can do fine against LostGar. If they LZ a Magikarp, WHO CARES? I still 2-Shot them witha belt, and if I supect an Omastar tech, I'll play down Mesprit. And in that matchup, I can EASILY powerlock for the entire game. Let's see:
Once for the actual Mesprit Drop=1
4 times with Seeker=5
2 more times with VS Seeker=7
4 more times with Junk Arm (reusing VS Seeker)=9
0-4 more times with SSU= 9-13 Drops
And if I REALLY wanted to, I could add Marley's. But an average of 11 mesprit drops possible (remember I'll never need to use those cards to heal Gyarados in this matchup) I can slow them down enough (hopefully).

gengar is @ 45... wtf...
this is bad, and is going up.. thank god i have 3 :p

Ya, it will go down soon though. I too have 3.

IDK if it does good @ states or regs it could skyrocket...

It won't. Lostgar is just to hyped. It would work in an HS-on format.

^
Here's my thoughts on lostgar

a). Actually very good and can beat most stuff.

b). Will most likely @ states get a lot of the "top 4" seeds entering top cut.

c). Won't win b/c of top cut rules and those just screw the deck over.

I've tested it and Judge basically ruins it. Any hand disruption card does, because LostGar relys to much on Twins. Also once 2 gengars are KO'd, it's hard for LostGar to recover, especially if they're judged.

RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours!

^
true judge CAN ruin it but as long as you have a gengar out at the point of impact you should survive, this is why LuxChomp will BDIF again, judge can hurt it but luxchomp has a lot more cards that can get it out of tight situation(DCE,gain,Cyrus,collector, vs seeker, junk arm, turn, etc.) and lostgar doesn't. Also based on how awful this set is the only decks that will prolly move up or down tiers are G-dos and LostGar and maybe Magnezone(i consider it tier one right now, but after states it DEFINITELY will be). G-dos could fall down to tier 1.5/2 and LostGar could enter the tier list.

B/C it is really good. The problem is that people don't play it much, but it can fit a bunch of stuff and is kinda like the stage two version of luxchomp, meaning you can tech it out and have it work. It topcutted @ i believe every tournament in our area except 1 or 2, and the guys playing it judged a fair amount too. It just works and can beat LostGar and has good matchups v. Tier one stuff
V. LuxChomp, slightly-unfavorable, if you can survive their early game rushings and bright looks you can comeback really quick.

V. Vilegar,slightly unfavorable to slightly favorable, again you have a lot of techs for this matchup and that's how you win

V. G-dos,autowin, you just win if they don't donk you or something ridiculous like that.

It's not auto-win if they tech in Dialga G Lv.X. Which I do. And if they keep you power-locked for awhile. Which I can. Lol I don't think Gyarados will fall at all, I think it will keep being great seeing as how it Two-Shots a Gengar Prime even with a Magikarp LZ'ed, and it's really hard to LZ two Magikarps. Plus, there are techs that could be added, and Dialga G Lv.X and Mesprit stop most (If not all) of their techs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back