Collecting The "Look What I Pulled" & Pull Rates Thread

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Yeah it's really frustrating seeing everyone else online say it's been about 1-in-2 for them. I'm not even at 1-in-3 odds. lol

It actually started sinking in today how this might be a good time to bail on collecting Pokemon cards anymore. Unless I get super lucky and get the Zard in the product I pre-ordered, this is going to be the first main set in 20 years I won't be able to finish, because I'm not spending $500+ on a single card. And who knows what terror Gen 8 will bring...
I don't think that price point is sustainable. It'll come down; it just might take a long time.

I see that as most of the price of a UCS Lego Millennium Falcon or the new UCS Lego Star Destroyer, so if I'm dropping $500 on a toy, I'm goin' all in on either of those first!

Wavestripe

Med Student
So far mine hasn't been the best rates either tbh, starting to regret getting 2 pin collections instead of just 2 more tins

Raichu GX Tin: Pinsir GX and Shining Lucario GX in the same pack was hype af, plus a shiny vulpix. No holos

Mew Pin Collection: No shinies, 2 Lapras Rares, and a Bill

Mewtwo Pin Collection: Phermosa Shiny pull, Jessie and James Holo, and another Bill

It seems the tins have the highest shiny pull rate so far, but a lot more charizards are coming from the pin collections so I was banking on that :/

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
Im suprised to find a HF ETB at walmart last night... last one.
given - legendary birds gx fa
pulls - other legendary birds gx fa, shiny reshiram gx fa, shiny sudowoodo, shiny magneton, gyarados gx x2, brocks training x2

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Got my two ETBs:
20190920_104945.jpg

I am.... VERY annoyed that there are 94 cards in this damn subset but I got a double within the same box.

20190920_105241.jpg

This is also my third Rockruff I've pulled.....

At least I got all the variations of the Birds TTGX. :confused:

LadyRinsun

Aspiring Trainer
Well, here's my Hidden Fates ETB pulls:

I'm not sure. I've heard the odds for pulling a shiny card or GX is like 50% per booster pack. But this is definately lower than that. It's not a bad case at all though, but a bit less than I'd have hoped.

What do you guys think?

FA Jessie & James
Wigglytuff GX
Shiny Swablu
Shiny Garchomp
Holo rare Vaporeon
Holo rare Jessie & James

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
It definitely is not 50% to pull a Shiny Vault card. Maybe 50% chance to pull a SV OR a GX/full art from the main set.

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah it's really frustrating seeing everyone else online say it's been about 1-in-2 for them. I'm not even at 1-in-3 odds. lol

It actually started sinking in today how this might be a good time to bail on collecting Pokemon cards anymore. Unless I get super lucky and get the Zard in the product I pre-ordered, this is going to be the first main set in 20 years I won't be able to finish, because I'm not spending $500+ on a single card. And who knows what terror Gen 8 will bring...

I am in the same boat as you. I have opened three ETB's and haven't gotten all that much to talk about. The set isn't playable, and the collectors aspects isn't realistic for a person who doesn't have a bottomless pit of money. I'm truly disappointed with this one, Pokemon could have done much better.

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
I haven't opened packs so far (will soon), but I thought it was either 1:3 or 1:3.33. Of course with only 3 or 4 packs in one product that almost does not matter, because with 4 packs it would be 1 or 2 and if you then combine many tins you have anything between 1:4 and 1:2.

Then, the holos and GXs from the main set are not connected to the SV cards, probably 1:3 too, but independent of whether you have a shiny or not.

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
I haven't opened packs so far (will soon), but I thought it was either 1:3 or 1:3.33. Of course with only 3 or 4 packs in one product that almost does not matter, because with 4 packs it would be 1 or 2 and if you then combine many tins you have anything between 1:4 and 1:2.

Then, the holos and GXs from the main set are not connected to the SV cards, probably 1:3 too, but independent of whether you have a shiny or not.

So I opened 3 tins yesterday:
1. tin: 1 shiny (Xurkitree), 1 FA (Birds)
2. tin: 1 shiny (Frogadier), 1 FA (Jessie & James)
3. tin: 2 shinies (Gardevoir GX and Eevee), 1 FA (Birds), 1 holo (Jessie & James).

So if you have a lot of tins like my 3rd one, you would say it's 50 %, if you have a lot like my 1st and 2nd one, it's 25 %. In total 33 %. 3 tins are not too representative, but I'm quite sure those numbers are normal and how it is intended to be.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Recently bought myself the Hidden Fates ETB, Got Shiny GoliGX with Onix GX, ShinyMagnemite with Rainbow BirdTrioGX, and ShinyMagneton from one of the other pack, and one of the reverse energy elsewhere, holo zapdos, reverse zapdos & holo jessie james.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Mother Gardevoir has blessed me on this day with good fortune:
20191008_153150.jpg

20191008_154517.jpg
You got the Zard!! Nice! And the rest of it (especially that Zoroark box, holy hell) is amazing too. Couldn't find any of those boxes myself (as usual, lol) but I'm glad to see someone getting some really solid pulls on them.