Finished .:The Guild: A Roleplayer's Paradise:.Participate in the New Directions Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit strange, but my charcters always seem to be gay_, or at least hinted at being gay_. I'm not myself, it's just a strange habbit have for comedy bits.

My characters are usually evil and lassh out randomly beating people up/threatening people. My TOT fight was actually kinda involved lol.

I guess you could call that strange actions

Terrors of Tommorow, one of Boddy's RPG's before he fell inactive. But he PM'd the players recently that he might reboot it, so yah.

And I don't really know the answer to that question. :0

My characters have words for names.

They're also usually:

a. Rich, but no snobbish.
b. An intellectual.
c. A loner.
d. *insert something here*

Almost all my characters have a big secret that isn't revealed until later, for example:

Pyro from Nabby101's Starter RPG (Pre-5th Gen) was, infact, a part of Natas, an evil warolrd who sold his soul in exchange for the removal of his youth and concious.

Ronin from Nabby101's Starter RPG (5th Gen) was one of Giratina's creations, and was also the lover of Babayaga, the sorceress who posed a threat to the region.

And who can forget Lupus? Who turned out to be a Absol-based werewolf (much to Aggiegwyn's dismay)...

Kaiserchu said:
And who can forget Lupus? Who turned out to be a Absol-based werewolf (much to Aggiegwyn's dismay)...

Well, if you put it in the Sign-Up it would have been much more acceptable. :Y

Anyhow, I'm closing the project since there's been plenty of time to fill that junk out. Anyhow, I made this character for a fighting-robot RPG, and I was wondering what you guys think. It's long, because on Serebii they have higher expectations. :p

-Operators-

Name: Almond “Rocket” Vinivicci

Appearance: Almond has tan skin, almost to the point where without her facial features, she may appear Native American. Almond has soft features, and is fairly thin and tall for her age, but not particularly muscular. She has round deep sea blue eyes, and freckles cover almost every point of her body, despite the fact that they hardly stand out of her tan skin. Her smile is fantastic, most often considering her photogenic. She has long curly black hair that she sometimes keeps in pigtails, sometimes in ponytails, and sometimes just plainly down. It really depends on where she is.

In summertime, she tends to wear tank tops and shorts for work, and for fancier situations, she wears fashionable clothing, such as sundresses and flats, tank-tops and skirts, but it’s not necessarily constant or anything, it’s not like she wears the same clothes every day. She tends to wear more blue than anything else, since it accents her skin very well.

In wintertime, scarves are everything. She likes to wear more casual things, since less events occur in winter. Hoodies, sweat jackets, and leather jackets are more acceptable than usual. Hats, vests, and jeans are also used. (It would be helpful to know the season in the beginning of the RPG)

In work, she couldn’t care less about how she looks. Her hair is often tied up, and she throws on old t-shirts and shorts in order to get her job done right.

Personality: Rocket is very serious, and can sometimes be considered anti-social. While she can understand jokes, she hardly can find herself laughing or telling one herself. Despite this, Rocket is still happy, and you can often find her smiling. She is quiet, only talking when necessary or when asked.

She is very intelligent and artist, having a knack for not only machine but also design. She has a fascination with the arts, constantly making sketches of different designs for the machines, or painting inspiration. When it comes to machinery, most call her amazing. She often takes ideas for new ideas or art from her dreams. She tends to dream every night, and through much practice she has come to remember almost every single dream she has.

With friends, well, she has little experience. She used to doing things alone, so when asked to do certain things she may appear surprised or unaware. Although, I’m sure that with experience she can learn.

She has a great ability to adapt to the situation or place around her, mainly due to her past.

In fights, Rocket has complete concentration and takes advantage of her surroundings in order to defeat her opponent. She is serious in battle, even more than usual.

History: Fifteen years ago, Thomas and Viola Vinivicci were gifted by a young baby girl. Thomas was a British Technician, and at the time was rising in fame for his famous inventions. Meanwhile, Viola was an artist, but never famous, since France is a very competitive place for artists like her.

Due to Thomas’s rising fame, travelling was very constant in the family, and by the time Almond was nine months old, she had moved from her hometown of France and began travelling with her family all over Europe. Since they moved so much, Rocket was homeschooled by her mother, and learned the way of arts and science from both of her parents. In a stroke of genetic luck, she gained both of their talents.

By the age of ten, Almond had already designed her own cell phone, but wanted to move on to more advanced things. Her father taught her how to make mechs, and since then that has been her specialty. However, this still left her room to express artistic skill. She began creating beautiful designs on the mechs, not only landing them as prize winners in tournaments, but also in art contests.

By the time she was fourteen Almond was already ready for college, and instead of sending her to do so, her mother let her work full-time on creating mechs, sending them to various companies to earn money for the family. Of course, Almond still stuck with education and learned, but it was less needed than before.

This way of living caused her family to be very rich, and therefore, Rocket had all necessities that she needed in life. She didn’t grow spoiled however, since her parents never went far enough to hire maids or anything such as that. She learned well that the only things that you own are the things you earn. In fact, that’s one of her father’s sayings.

When Rocket received the letter in the mail, she was extremely excited. Her parents jumped at the chance of giving Rocket a social experience, since they knew she could be very shy. So, she began packing her bags and off she went with her favorite mech. A few planes to America and she was there.

Mech: Chestnut

Team: Green Rangers

Other: Almond is bilingual, able to speak French and English, and “Hello” in almost every language you can find in Europe. When speaking English, she has a strange mixture of French and English accent, which is randomly interchanged. However, when speaking French, she speaks in a completely French accent.

Also, Almond gains the nickname: “Rocket” from her parents when they discovered her talent in mechanics. Most of the time she is only called this by family, but she tells people they can call her Rocket if they want too.

-Mechs-

Name: Chestnut

Design: Chestnut has a human like figure, except without the head. From bottom to top, here’s how it goes. Chestnut has monkey-like feet, which can hold a single person per foot, or they can be used to swing off of large hanging things, such as pipelines or something like that. However, they can only grab something sturdy, so this isn’t used very often for more than standing and grabbing things off the ground.

The legs are made of two long and huge metallic boxes that hold wiring inside. One for the “calf” and one for the “thigh”. These hold some of the data of the mech, but are extremely defended with hard metal, and in that since protect the brain of the robot.

The legs lead up to a large box with two black squares that are Chestnut’s “eyes” and a straight black rectangle below the two eyes giving the “mouth”. Almond can change the emotions on the face of the mech during the fight if she pleases, but she can also leave it auto-pilot, which lets the differing emotions react to the success of the battle.

Outside of the face part of the robot sprout two arms, which have almost identical design as the legs, except the arms are used to shoot weapons and such.

The back of the machine is loaded with defense mechanisms and traps.

The machine is almost completely white, with this design being very dense at the bottom, but slowly dissipating until you reach the top and the arms, in which they are almost completely white, shining bright.

The remote has the same design on it, and basically, it is a keyboard. A hologram screen pops from the front of it, showing her the different codes she is typing for mech commands.

Weapons: Offensive:
Rust Bomb: This sphere activates when thrown out the ground near the opponent, and when done so, the smoke rusts any form of metal. However, this is rarely ever used, since the rust affects large area, including Chestnut herself. So, this is a worst-case scenario weapon, leaving both opponents without their mechs.

Slicer-a sharp chainsaw-like blade that is sent out with a programmed path of a straight line. It can either cut the opponent—which hardly is ever used since it hurts the blade more than the mech—or it can make deep cuts in the ground, which can be used later for traps.

Bear Trap-A giant claw grabs the opponents foot, or bottom point, to pull their weight out from under them, causing them to fall.

Digging Acid-Acid that can be shot like bombs into already created cuts in the ground—hence the Slicer—and will spread throughout the line. After that, it takes a few minutes to react, but when it does, it creates giant holes in the arena, making the opponent an easy fall.

Mouse Mine-A very tiny sphere that can be shot if the opposing mech already has damage of sorts done too it. It can sneak in, and burst a wire, eliminating a certain defense or attack, but never more than one.

Paint Splatter-A blast of paint coats the opponent. This is mainly for fun and games, not actual battle.

Defensive-:

Snapping Turtle-If the opponent tries to sneak from behind, a two pieces of metal will close take out and either crush the opponent mech body part, or trap it between the two pieces of metal. Depending on the strength of the opposing metal. Once finished, it will return back in its place, waiting for the next one, unless it gets damaged.

Defense Missles-If being attacked by ranged items, Chestnut can send out a few small missles that are only meant to deflect the opposing missles. With luck and good timing, they work. The closer the projectile is to Chestnut, the better the Defense Missles work.

Forearm Guard-Chestnut can raise her arms in defense from a frontal attack and two large shields will appear from the combination of both arms. However, with piercing attacks, these aren’t as successful.

Fighting Style: Chestnut fights using her surroundings. Often using the things around her rather than the weapons herself. Rocks, boulders, whatever. Chestnut will find a way to use her surroundings. Chestnut has above average speed, but low strength. It’s easy to get away, but it’s hard to stay and endure.

Other: Chestnut is named after a family joke. Since Almond is named after a nut, so is Chestnut.

aggiegwyn said:
Well, if you put it in the Sign-Up it would have been much more acceptable. :Y

I didn't know it was going in the direction it was going to go in when I wrote the application, so, I would've been rejected on the spot if I said he was a Werewolf...

Sorry for the moment of inactivity.

Concerning your Rocket profile, I normally wouldn't split the appearance among seasons, simply because the point is to highlight the current design of the character's aesthetics, not rummage into details that wouldn't come into play either at all, or much later. If the season do get to change, you can alter the appearance at that point in time. Saying all it in the profile clutters it. Your personality is pointing more on interests and not enough on actual personality: the interactions with other people (this is mostly covered), her tendencies in behaving, and even common outlooks of life/the community. Lastly, you're seriously disabling yourself in battle overall. As a mechanic, Chestnut would be expected to have at least some sort of emergency firepower rather than rust bomb, but instead, she would be ridiculously easy to defeat in a bare plain against a sharpshooter.

Zyflair said:
Sorry for the moment of inactivity.

Concerning your Rocket profile, I normally wouldn't split the appearance among seasons, simply because the point is to highlight the current design of the character's aesthetics, not rummage into details that wouldn't come into play either at all, or much later. If the season do get to change, you can alter the appearance at that point in time. Saying all it in the profile clutters it. Your personality is pointing more on interests and not enough on actual personality: the interactions with other people (this is mostly covered), her tendencies in behaving, and even common outlooks of life/the community. Lastly, you're seriously disabling yourself in battle overall. As a mechanic, Chestnut would be expected to have at least some sort of emergency firepower rather than rust bomb, but instead, she would be ridiculously easy to defeat in a bare plain against a sharpshooter.

No problem, as long as you post within a month--or give a warning about inactivity--I'm fine.

Anywho, yah, I see the points now that I read it again. I'll have to fix it later though, when school doesn't make my freetime last only a few minutes long.

Also, please welcome MrGatr!

It seems like we are talking about characters we have had...
Mine are all...

1. Silent, and don't talk
2. Dirtied mouthed,
3. Sometimes a girl
4. Someone that is a total loner
5. Someone who blows a bar up, while there is three other players in there...(Though that was my choice, the GM, made it happen)

MrGatr said:
1. Silent, and don't talk
2. Dirtied mouthed,
So you have a cynic character, or do you vary between talkative and silent moments?

^In one game, I was the dirty mouth dude...
And then in another game, I was silent...

But my guy does swear all the time during battles for some reason.... I mean come on... I wouldn't swear if my life depended on it... People just like exploiting me.

My characters are always..How should I put this. I try and make them seem like they are kind and all that jazz that goes with that. It really just falls back on "sterotype" good guy sorta thing.

I have had an RPG Idea for awhile that I finally constructed an OP for.

Hybrid Advance

The Past:

The two races, human and Pokemon, had once lived peacefully in a trainer-like universe. Trainers befriended Pokemon, and vice-versa. They battled against others, and had a great time. Unfortunately, that didn’t last long. Some Pokemon didn’t like being forced to befriend little kids. Some humans experimented on Pokemon, and found themselves the superior race. Expectedly, war broke out. It was a bloody war, both sides faced heavy losses.

The Humans thought they had found a way to gain an upper hand. Known only as The Company, a group of humans captured a few Pokemon and kidnapped innocent human teenagers. With state of the art technology, The Company scientists managed to fuse the Pokemon and Human’s DNA. They had created Hybrids, 98% Human, 2% Pokemon. They were to be super-soldiers, and they were to win the war for the humans. The Hybrids were locked away in training camps, to await their battles.

Unfortunately for the Humans, they never got to test their little experiment. A small group of legendaries had found their plans. They decided to end this before more damage was done. With the combined effort of Dialga and Palkia, Two more Dimensions were created. The Humans were banished to one dimension, called Earth. The Pokemon were banished to a similar dimension. A certain few kind-hearted Men and Pokemon stayed in the original Dimension, sealed away in the rifts of time.

The humans began to wonder and drift around their new world, eventually forgetting about the Pokemon world, the hybrids they created, and even the inventions made in the old dimensions. The Hybrids, also stuck in this new world, were frozen solid in an unexplored Modern-day Russia. They did not age, nor did they forget anything about their past. They just stood there undisturbed, until Present day, when a sleazy American archaeologist came across their frozen prison….

The Present:

Welcome to my RPG. In this game, you will play as the hybrids, exploring the globe, along with the Pokemon Dimension, while running from the government. You will have three primary objectives:

1. Get away from the government.
These son of a guns will do anything to capture you, keep you contained, and experiment on you. Watch out!
2. Find a passage to other dimensions.
If you can manage to get to the other dimensions’, the one of pokemon and the one that people and Pokemon live in harmony with each other, you may be able to complete your final goal.
3. Re-unite the three dimensions.
All you guys want is peace right? If you can successfully diminish evil from all the dimensions and re-combine everyone, I might just end the game. Or maybe I’ll end it a little sooner… or maybe a bit later? Who knows?

That’s what the current overall plan for you to do is, but it won’t be easy. Expect some tough boss fights’ bros.

Rules:

1. All Pokebeach rules apply.
2. Absolutely no god-modding, you can only control your own character.
3. No spamming, flaming, etc. Spammy posts include one line roleplay. I will allow it, but don’t make a habbit out of having short posts.
4. What I say is law. What TDL says is god. Learn it.
5. I have the right to modkill you for any reason I say.
6. You will only die if you drop out or are modkilled. In that case, I will creatively kill you. Otherwise, there is no escape there is no getting out of this RPG.

Characters:

Will be added as you meet them.

Sign-Up Form:

Code:
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]In-Game Name[/b]
[b]Pokemon Bonded With:[/b] (no legends)
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personallity[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Who’s is godly?:[/b]
[b]Abilities:[/b] (Must be related to the pokemon bonded with)

Players:

None yet!

Anyone have any advice? I still have to work on the plot a little, but anyone have any critiques on the OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back