XY The Dumbest Thing You Did in Pokémon Games?

RE: What is the dumbest / most mindless thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

Kecleon-X said:
I faced an Accelgor/Vileplume deck, and it was top 2 at either a Cities or a Battle Roads. She had sent out her Vileplume due to it's 120 hp, and I had a Mewtwo with three energy and one prize left. I had remarked beforehand that I could OHKO anything on her field, including the Psychic weak Vileplume, but because she was rushing me, literally the next turn, I forgot about the weakness and tried (and failed) Klinklang's Gear Grind. I lost an entire tournament because of my dumb misplay.

tableflip.gif

Rushing your opponent is against the rules. (as stated in the tournament conduct file on Pokemon.com)

Also, this a thread for the VG.

I just remembered, in my first play through of Leaf Green, I went to catch Articuno, and forgot to save before I battled it. Then I KO'd it by accident, and saved AFTER the battle!

RE: What is the dumbest / most mindless thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

Adam can I make a thread about this for the TCG so people can post their stuff there?

The dumbest thing I did in the VG... Probally using a master ball on a shiny aron only to find a shiny Metagross the next day. Somehow I managed to catch it on my 4th ultra ball and with sleep inflicted.

• Running from Feebas in Ruby Version, assuming it was common and I never saw it again
  • Mistaking healing Pokémon at a Pokémon Center for saving the game more than once

That's all I can remember right now...

Nekoban Ryo said:
Running from Feebas in Ruby Version, assuming it was common

It is common! Once you find one of the right six tiles, at least d:

Frezgle said:
Nekoban Ryo said:
Running from Feebas in Ruby Version, assuming it was common

It is common! Once you find one of the right six tiles, at least d:

Yeah, I never could find the right tiles. I found it by chance the very first time I went through that route. I figured it was just Gen. III's Magikarp clone and was eager to get to the next city, so I ran from it. I had no idea it was such a pesky lil' booger to find... and evolve. I'm glad they made it easier in the later games (to find and evolve).

Featherwick said:
SheNinja said:
Pokerus isn't THAT hard to find.

Online sure, since you can spread it to anyone, but just finding it? It's way harder to find than a shiny.

That's interesting...I must be uber lucky or something because I have contracted Pokerus in every applicable game, usually at the beginning or in the middle of the game too.

My biggest mess up is when I was really young, I used a master ball on a level 40 Tentacool because at the time I thought that was super rare to find one at that high of a level haha. The worst part...it was my brothers' game :p

Seeing Thief's horrific accident reminded me of the time when I forgot to save after reviving a Shieldon or two in Pearl after some hard work in the Underground. I was ten/eleven/twelve at the time, and I was heartbroken. XD
In addition to that, for one reason or another I'll occasionally pick the wrong attack.

I gave my Black 2 to my cousin, so he could run around in tall grass and kill some of those raging Pokemons train my Pokemon, and I told him that if he ran into a Pokemon without the little ball symbol, to lower the HP and catch it with a Pokeball of some sort. So, the first Pokemon he saw I didn't have, and the Master Ball was in the first slot of the Pokeball section of the bag.

He used the Master Ball on it.

He almost touched the touch screen when I looked over, and I practically yelled at him. I feel so bad for the little bugger.

Also, not saving before Virizion, and Terrakion.

In Black 2 (not sure if it's a common problem but happens in my game), whenever I'm in a double battle and lose both of my Pokemon on the same turn, the game glitches and does not allow me to send out another Pokemon. It will let me select one and when I select the other, it doesn't get sent out meaning that I am stuck there. The first time it happened I lost about 3 hours of playtime. I swore to always save before a double battle just in case. One time I forgot and lost another 3 hours *facepalm*

Fluttershy said:
In Black 2 (not sure if it's a common problem but happens in my game), whenever I'm in a double battle and lose both of my Pokemon on the same turn, the game glitches and does not allow me to send out another Pokemon. It will let me select one and when I select the other, it doesn't get sent out meaning that I am stuck there. The first time it happened I lost about 3 hours of playtime. I swore to always save before a double battle just in case. One time I forgot and lost another 3 hours *facepalm*

That's happened to me, but it's not a glitch - You have to select a Pokemon, select one of the fainted Pokemon to sub it out, and then do it with the other one. Or something similar to that. Hasn't happened to me in a while but I remember figuring it out and being like "oh so THAT'S what's going on here".

Frezgle said:
Fluttershy said:

That's happened to me, but it's not a glitch - You have to select a Pokemon, select one of the fainted Pokemon to sub it out, and then do it with the other one. Or something similar to that. Hasn't happened to me in a while but I remember figuring it out and being like "oh so THAT'S what's going on here".
That's happened to me before, too. I get all confused every time, but I figure it out, normally.

Bringing ALL my Pokemon games to school, if memory serves, i had Pokemon, Emerald, Black, Black 2, Diamond, Pearl, Pearl, (Yes 2 Pearls), Heart Gold. I used to bring them in to play my friends, then i got in a fight with them, and then when the classes ended, i was gonna play Emerald, I went to my backpack to get it, and they where ALL gone, i got robbed, im never gonna bring my DS to school, never again, and i cant wait till classes starts, im gonna get the punk that robbed me. (I think it was the guy i fighted with) Up to this date, i suffer beacose Emerald, had the shiny Rayquaza i busted my @ss reseting and reseting to get it, along with my beautiful Hariyama. I was stupid, i brought them all, dint leave not even one that day.

Insulting a ninetales when i lost because of me... Ninetales is perfect and should never be insulted... Please dont make my mistake...

This isn't necessarily stupid, but it's definitely the story that comes to mind.

When I was younger (a year of two after the release of Emerald Version), I absolutely loved to play Pokemon in bed, in the final moments before drifting off. It was not a rare occurrence that I would accidentally fall asleep on the game, and wake up with a dead Nintendo DS in my hands.

My best friend Hunter and I had restarted Emerald together, and we were competing to see who could catch the first shiny Pokemon along the way. Naturally, I'd stay up until the wee hours of the night, encountering creature after creature in hopes of finding that rare shiny Pokemon. This particular night wasn't fruitful, and I accidentally dozed off on the game again. Hours later, I sporadically wake up at around 5 A.M. and realize that my DS is still in my hands, running! What the fack. I decide to encounter one more Pokemon, then it's bed time. I peek into the next bush and a fight starts.

It was just another Clamperl.

...OMGWTFBBQ SHINY CLAMPERL!? I weaken and catch it. Too much excitement to be held in; so I grab my phone to let Hunter know I'd won. I'll nickname the guy later. Halfway through the text, the light on my DS shuts off. It ran out of juice. My shiny mollusk; lost forever.

NOOOOOOOOO

#instantkarma

I was 7 I think, I was playing Fire Red. I got this ¨Master Ball¨. I had to capture 60 Pokemon to get to the Islands that are after the game. I used surf and da wild Magikarp appeared. What an amazing lvl 18 Magikarp.... Used the only superball I had left...1..2.. Damn that was close. 59 Pokemon, only a Magikarp to go. Looked at my bag. Only had left this Master ball. I thought ¨I will buy more later¨ and puhm I got this awesome Magikarp I released 1 week later. Never catched Suicicune. Me>MasterBall

- Started a new game on Pearl, played to the 8th gym but couldn't save because you had to do some weird things to erase your previous save file
- Killed a shiny Lunatone in Sapphire because I already had one (I was really young and didn't know what the difference was)
- Killed off Kyogre in Sapphire because I thought that he was a Pokemon often appearing in the late game
- Traded away my Lugia for an Armaldo
- Tried to clone Pokemon in Ruby, but my save file got corrupted
- Used a master ball on Tropius

Trading my crystal version for a kids meal toy.

I traded a Shaymin for an Umbreon, Espeon, and a Munchlax.

Lol, I deleted my Platinum save where I had:

-Staraptor, Dusknoir, Zapdos, Gliscor Level 100s
-Battle Frontier 100% complete
-Shaymin, Arceus, Darkrai
-Shiny Mew

Just because I wanted to train a Piplup. Now that I think of it... What the fawk was I thinking? I also traded my shiny legit Giratina in exchange for a shiny Yanmega. Everytime I think about those... It makes me feel like a complete moron. :(

I KO'd a female eevee in castelia park, by accident. Do you know how hard it is to get a pokemon in castelia park? really hard. and an eevee? 5 percent. and a female one, to boot? 12.5 percent of all that. And catch it? I think it's harder than getting a shiny!
I swear, I saw more audinos there than eevees, and only one female. At least I got a male one, so I could breed more when I reach the daycare. But still, that hurt.

Back