XY The Dumbest Thing You Did in Pokémon Games?

AdamLambert

Aspiring Potato
I was playing Sapphire Version, and I encountered a wild Wurmple. It was a shiny Wurmple. I caught it, looked at it, then released it because I thought it was a glitch. I didn't know about shinies back then. I was so stupid... lol.

Thief

Awaken the Fairies
RE: What is the dumbest/ most mindless thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

The first time I played Black I forgot to save and played through 6 badges in a day. Fell asleep leaving it on and woke up to find that my DS died. Which means I lost all of my data and I waited 2 weeks to play again, because I had no motivation to pick it back up. lol. I lost all my pokemon. :(

Nightingirle

Aspiring Trainer
RE: What is the dumbest/ most mindless thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

Thief said:
The first time I played Black I forgot to save and played through 6 badges in a day. Fell asleep leaving it on and woke up to find that my DS died. Which means I lost all of my data and I waited 2 weeks to play again, because I had no motivation to pick it back up. lol. I lost all my pokemon. :(

D: that's just horrible.
When I was little and played silver for the first time, I caught a shiny bellsprout, my very first shiny. I had no clue what it was and traded it for onix in that first ingame trade... Needless to say I never even touched onix, it just went straight into my box...
I don't feel too bad about this though, since there would have been no way to trade it to current games anyway.

AdamLambert

Aspiring Potato

Thief said:

Hmm. Not sure if 'liking' on this thread is liking the fact that you had to go through something suckish, or showing pity. So confused!!

I've done that before, but not to that extent. I might have lost, at the most, 2 badges worth of data.

Thief

Awaken the Fairies

AdamLambert said:
Thief said:

Hmm. Not sure if 'liking' on this thread is liking the fact that you had to go through something suckish, or showing pity. So confused!!

I've done that before, but not to that extent. I might have lost, at the most, 2 badges worth of data.

Lol. I'm sure in this case it's like someone agreeing with "Oh yeah that sucks!"

That's just one instance. haha. I have a bad habit of being a compulsive player on the first day I get it. There have been several gens where I did this and fell asleep or something and just lost my data. Too excited to think about saving. That was just the worst case.

You would think I'd learn...

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer

When I first played Sapphire (which was the first game I fully played - I only had played Red for a bit before that), for some reason, I though I couldn't or wasn't supposed to catch Kyogre, so I just knocked it out... yeah... I didn't have much experience with the games back then...

AdamLambert

Aspiring Potato

Metalizard said:
When I first played Sapphire (which was the first game I fully played - I only had played Red for a bit before that), for some reason, I though I couldn't or wasn't supposed to catch Kyogre, so I just knocked it out... yeah... I didn't have much experience with the games back then...

That sucks! The ignorance of us when we were kids... lol

Elite Stride

♫ I'm on the road to Viridian City ♫

Thief said:

^^^^^ This is me at least once on every single game.
Also, I fell victim to the one that makes you delete the previous saved file by pressing like every button before you can save a new one; but it still lets you start a new one before deleting. So I played through most of the game and then It wouldn't let me save, lol. (I think it's D/P or B/W that does that.. I forget)

Also, I always forget to bring the Pokemon I'm trading when I go to trade.

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

I sold my copy of Emerald. To Gamestop.

Dear Lord what have I done.

AdamLambert

Aspiring Potato

Rusty Sticks said:

May I ask why you sold it?

I was so upset when Gamestop stopped selling GBA games. I had been saving up for Ruby and Emerald, both of which they had. Then, I go there, and what do you know? GONE

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

AdamLambert said:
Rusty Sticks said:

I was so upset when Gamestop stopped selling GBA games. I had been saving up for Ruby and Emerald, both of which they had. Then, I go there, and what do you know? GONE

It was during the time in my life when I thought $5 was gangsta.

PsychedelicBreakfast

We can live beside the ocean leave the fire behind

I used to fall asleep playing my G/S versions on my GBC all the time. So sometimes the game would reset after pressing all the buttons in my sleep (laying on it) or the batteries would die and I'd lose all my unsaved data.

Also, when I got out of Pokemon for a few years, I traded my R/B/Y/G/S versions, plus like 5 other games AND money for a Game Boy Advance. This was when the GBA first came out. Dumbest mistake ever.

AdamLambert

Aspiring Potato

Rusty Sticks said:
AdamLambert said:

It was during the time in my life when I thought $5 was gangsta.

I'm so sorry for your loss... :'(

Chariblaze

When you add it all up...

I used the Master Ball on Articuno in Red, which isn't the worst thing, but it wasn't Mewtwo. :p

But I got one: I guess I sorta rushed through the Aqua Base in Sapphire, and so I completely missed the Master Ball because it gets caved in later... So glad that changed in Emerald. That's probably contributed to my need to explore EVERYTHING now, heh.

AdamLambert

Aspiring Potato

Chariblaze said:
I used the Master Ball on Articuno in Red, which isn't the worst thing, but it wasn't Mewtwo. :p

But I got one: I guess I sorta rushed through the Aqua Base in Sapphire, and so I completely missed the Master Ball because it gets caved in later... So glad that changed in Emerald. That's probably contributed to my need to explore EVERYTHING now, heh.

I did that the first time I played through Sapphire as well.
I was like, 'Okay...I'm battling Kyogre, and I don't have a master ball... Crap.

leecario

let's be alone together

Well let me see....
Accidentally forgetting moves i wanted to keep in the early games;
Forgetting to save (lost 3 badges in Pt)
Forgetting to stop kirlia evolving when i was trying to get a gallade
Forgetting to bring a pokemon for whatever reason, going to the box, then forgetting to switch the pokemon in.
Can you see a theme?

Noobnerd

~I see a little silhouetto of a man~

You know how in GSC, before you name your rival he sneaks up on the lab and stuff and his name registers as "???"

So when the policeman asked me for his name (for the sake of naming your rival, but I didn't know this as it was my first Pokemon game and I was nine), I keyed in "???"

And that's what I got for the rest of the game -.-

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Noobnerd said:
You know how in GSC, before you name your rival he sneaks up on the lab and stuff and his name registers as "???"

So when the policeman asked me for his name (for the sake of naming your rival, but I didn't know this as it was my first Pokemon game and I was nine), I keyed in "???"

That doesn't seem so bad :p

HGSS actually fixes this by never actually mentioning his name, just that you saw his trainer card.

Frezgle

Winged Death

Noobnerd said:

This must be a common occurence because I and two of my friends also did this :I
I didn't really mind it though; I guess I just thought he was meant to be mysterious.

Worst thing I've ever done? Get greedy and try to clone my first shiny, a Linoone that I raised to level 100. Ended up doing it wrong so she was gone instead. RIP, Rusty. :c

Thief

Awaken the Fairies

Noobnerd said:

Lol I did that every time. Before I started my obsession of course lol. I just thought that way I was being completely honest to the officer.