The Collector's Showcase: Post Pictures of Any Type of Pokémon Collection!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Daelum... do you want to see my near complete Miscellaneous English Promos? aka Ancient Mew, Gym Challenge, Pokemon Days, Comic con, etc

I didn't expect these to come in 1 week but they did. Anyways check out these beauties!

The deal was for 5 of them but sadly one was opened...
But what I find sort of interesting/annoying is the barcode sticker. I'm not sure if I should try to take it out.

As an apology he threw in a Delcatty ex! And the contents of the open pack of course!

Ouch, those barcode things are EAS tags and can be hard to get off if they've been applied properly (since they're anti-theft devices). If they don't immediate peel off with a bit of nail action, maybe some goo-gone on a toothpick worked under the same would work.

Hmm I guess I'll have to experiment with the opened pack. In the end it's not that big of an issue since it's placed right under the flap. You can't tell it's there unless you touch that area or lift the flap. I asked the person I got these from about those barcodes and it turns out the store he goes to just has these packs out in the open for anyone to pick up. That's pretty cool. As far as I know, loose packs are pretty much always kept behind the counter but clearly not at that store! I guess they don't realize how rare these are. :p

Different stores and different regions handle things differently. Where I used to live in the US, currently all packs are out on the sales floor, sometimes with anti-theft devices, sometimes not. However, back in '99-'00, all packs used to be locked up in glass cases. Here in the Netherlands, all Pokémon TCG products I've seen have been behind counters.

You can't blame retail workers for not understanding or caring the rarity of products, though; that's not their job. :p How accessible products are is more dependent on the level (and dollar value) of theft-risk than anything else.

EX Battle Boost arrived today!

tumblr_mq0oxp6fKD1qjwz2oo1_1280.png

tumblr_mq0oxp6fKD1qjwz2oo5_1280.png

tumblr_mq0oxp6fKD1qjwz2oo6_1280.png

I had three boxes to go through this time, instead of my usual two, and had great pulls. I’m only missing ReshiramEX, ExcadrillEX, SR Reshiram, SR Zekrom, and Imakuni.

tumblr_mq0oxp6fKD1qjwz2oo3_1280.png

Miiiirror holos! I got 12 all up in my run. No duplicates either. The back of the card packs also state there are 83 mirror holos all up, FYI.

tumblr_mq0oxp6fKD1qjwz2oo7_1280.png

Pokemon Enterprise cards.

tumblr_mq0oxp6fKD1qjwz2oo4_1280.png

And I also got the Mewtwo vs Genesect deck, and the campaign pack with the promo Red Genesect.

Farewell BW-era. I'll miss you, even if I already said goodbye to you after Megalo Cannon since this isn't a major set (in fact it's going in my 2011-2013 promo folder, with Shiny Collection which is another concept pack.)

Whoa, 83 reverse holos? I guess that means I better save up and buy some boxes...getting those reverses is going to be annoying I can already tell.

83 RHs... that's going to take a while. Maybe I'll order another box or some of the promo packs; would have ordered more than the usual 2 boxes I did, except that going over €40 in one shipment means heavy import fees that I'd rather avoid.

Now that you actually have them, what do you think of the mirror holos? What's the quality like? Are those things going to scratch like hell like the HGSS RHs? They look a bit more... solid and smooth than the English RHs from what I've seen before, almost more like the finish of the regular EX cards, but it's hard to tell from photos and it'll still be a week or more before mine get here.

@bagoly14
Haha yeah I cringed when I saw the mirror holo count on the back of the pack. It's practically the whole set bar the EX cards and the full arts.

@artemis
I never had a scratching problem with the Legend era mirror cards actually. They're built of some seriously tough stuff -- same with these. You'd have to use a knife or scissors to tear them in any form and the holo itself handles being touched or slipped into sleeves without scratching (unlike English ones which you could signal planes with and also scratch if you blow on them.) From the looks of things you're better off going for singles on Y!J via a middleman and combine shipping or talk to a seller on there about buying in a group lot instead of individual. Mostly because the sellers on Y!J tend to get cases of cards instead of boxes, so they get a heck of a lot more mirror cards than you do conventionally otherwise.

Very smooth finish but non-glossy.
http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/Google/475028/53840/53840_900.png

I've never had any of the Japanese Legend-era cards, so I was referring to the English RHs, yeah, which scratch if you so much as look at the wrong way. I didn't even know that Japan had done mirror cards before (I have a pretty big gap in my collection knowledge that mostly spans between the Gym sets to the BW series >_>), but it's glad to hear the quality is very good. High quality is one of the reasons I've switched to Japanese collecting in general, and I do have faith in the Japanese cards to be superior products... but my only previous experience with solid, flat holo cards being with the English HGSS-era RHs... you can see why I was concerned. :D

As far as Y!J goes, I've never used that before... I'll probably end up finishing my set via trading, though I still might get another box and/or some of those promo sets depending on how good my box pulls are. It'll probably take a while, but I'm patient.

If they make an unlimited version then it's going to be an even bigger pain to collect both editions. Oh boy!

Getting a complete set is a pain, but the reverse holos look even better than the Legend Era...

Well I know what I'm adding to my store in a few months, 10 opened boxes of Battle Boosts via my middle man...haha

I'll have to wait a few more days before the boxes arrive.
Fingers crossed for a gold card ;)

I was planning on completing a full Reverse Holo set of EBB, but I'm not so sure anymore.

;-; I wish I had to money for those things...

Anyone got a nice Krookodile collection I could use to reference mine, (Collection binder was stolen at league last week, and I'm devastated)

elam18 said:
@Daelum... do you want to see my near complete Miscellaneous English Promos? aka Ancient Mew, Gym Challenge, Pokemon Days, Comic con, etc

Hmm... Yes.

Do you know if there is a complete list of this? (I'm too lazy to check myself :p)

Daelum said:
elam18 said:

Hmm... Yes.

Do you know if there is a complete list of this? (I'm too lazy to check myself :p)

I made a list that was derived from bulbapedia and filled in some missing cards. but there is no complete list.

@ Daelum and elam18 I made a Promo list in Excel. If you want I can send it to you. Maybe you can add some cards to it.

abv150 said:
@ Daelum and elam18 I made a Promo list in Excel. If you want I can send it to you. Maybe you can add some cards to it.

Please send me the list too. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back