Collecting The "Card Collector Help" Thread

Hey guys, I recently got most of my older cards (not the oldest I have iirc) and made a list of them, could someone check it out and give me rough estimates on what is actually worth if anything?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MvlbqVk3Ld8SRR_Vkff7UPa6z66InC1iIsP9_g8jcME/edit?usp=sharing

xxashxx said:
No I don't think it is that high. 2 decks is roughly $25.00 and with extras probably around $40.00 with the play mat and other stuff included. That is more what it is worth since they can be bought online if you find the right online store like Ebay.:)

While the contents are pretty inexpensive, the sealed Gift Pack is difficult to find anywhere.

Here's a recent sale for reference.

Where can I find a Trainer kit Bisharp and Wigglytuff

I heard of this product, but I checked a bunch of local stores, online stores, and even scoured youtube to see if anyone has done an opening on this, but so far, I have found nothing. Is this thing PTCGO only, or is there a physical version? If there is a physical version, is it region specific?

RE: Where can I find a Trainer kit Bisharp and Wigglytuff

There is a physical version, I found three copies at my local Target, of which I picked one up.

I think there might be some distribution issues right now. I have never seen the Metagross collection despite it being out for almost a month now. Apparently my local card/comic shop got a small amount that sold quickly and I was told that the other places may never have gotten theres. Likewise I've only found the Bisharp/Wigglytuff trainer kit that one time and not since then.

You might try ebay, see if that works.

Why so expensive if there is another wrapper around the stuff? It does not make sense.:(

xxashxx said:
Why so expensive if there is another wrapper around the stuff? It does not make sense.:(

Simple. Supply and demand... not enough supply left of those in sealed condition, and the demand is high enough to warrant that price.

Recently some English Base set packs have made their way into my possession, the packs at first appearing to me to be regular unlimited boosters, it wasn't until I took a thorough look at them that I spotted some differences. The copyright date on these are 1999-2000, which varies from most packs I've seen that were made in the U.S.A, the Wizards logo is also off from most unlimited pack from the states, the logo is the newer WOTC stamp, rather than the rectangular one featured on most Base set packs. I've made a few conclusions, but I can't seem to get any information from where I've searched so far, any guidance would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0849.JPG
    IMG_0849.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0850.JPG
    IMG_0850.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 11
I do know a place where you can check that PM me for detail so you can see all sets and dates for each set.:)

Any U.S Sellers that Have Gaia Volcano and Tidal Rush??

Does anyone know if a good U.S Based seller that sells japanese booster boxes?? I already found a couple from a guy on ebay who was selling one of each for 90 but he failed to mention he didn't have them yet and was still waiting on shipment from Japan.

I know collectors cache has them but they are 60 a peice plus shipping!!! Correct me if im wrong but , I feel thats too expensive for 1 jap booster box or did i just [/quote] gey to good of a deal to be true on ebay??

Sorry for the sloppy typing it's from my phone lol

RE: any U.S sellers that have gaia volcano and tidal rush??

Most retailers who sell Japanese boxes within the US will sell them for significantly higher than MSRP to account for import costs (and also so they can make a profit, of course). And of course US sellers are going to be selling product later than the Japanese release date since they have to wait for their product.

The actual MSRP of a Japanese booster box is approximately US$28, though you can get them for the equivalent of US$22 from AmiAmi. If price is a concern for you, I would suggest using AmiAmi for your purchases. They also offer relatively cheap shipping options. If you'd prefer a US seller that has reasonable prices and fast delivery, I would suggest PokéBeach's PokePHD. He is a verified seller on our website that sells Japanese booster boxes with very competitive pricing and fast shipping.

Best Way to Store EX Cards and Other Cards of That Sort

Currently, I use sleeves and top loaders to store most of my EX cards and other cards of the sort.

Would it be better to store them in a binder? Or are the top loaders a better option?

RE: Best Way to Store EX Cards and Other Cards of That Sort.

I personally think top loaders are a better choice and if you really want to protect the card, tape the top loader so no dust and moisture gets inside of it.

Also remember you can use your collector tins for card storage if you are worried about dust too.:)

Best way to store an Ultra Rare? Tight fit clear sleeve inside of a regular size sleeve inside of a normal penny sleeve inside a toploader inside of a sealed plastic bag. That's what my favorite card is in :p

Applying sleeves to a card only protects it so far. After 3 layers of protection (perfect-fit sleeve -> standard sleeve -> top loader, in alternating directions), there is no real advantage to adding more. However, there are still hazards to be careful of.

Moisture can still break through just about any number of sleeves, especially in high-humidity regions, so it is generally best to keep cards in a dry place like a cellar, or a cabinet with a small passive dehumidifier in (the latter is my favorite option, because it works everywhere and isn't exorbitantly expensive). Tape can also make a reasonably good seal, but be careful not to let adhesive directly contact the card.

Temperature can also be a menace to long-term storage. High and very low temps can cause various minor effects, but the big thing to watch out for is large changes in temperature. This is usually the primary source of warping (bending), especially when transporting cards, and can be mitigated by keeping cards in a relatively well insulated, stable temperature environment. Once more, a cabinet in a heated room can do a good job at this.

The last big danger is light. Over long periods of time, exposure to sunlight can damage the ink on a card, causing it to fade and appear worn. Your best bet is to generally keep your valuable cards in a dark place, and only expose them to light when you feel like looking at them. First thought in your head should probably be "cabinet", but any place that's dark most of the time will do.

Overall, go ahead with top loaders and sleeves. You're fine with those. Be more mindful of your overall care with cards, as protection from scratches and dents is just step 1.

Is there a site where I can search through the Japanese cards to find certain Pokemon's cards? i've tried using the Japanese Kanji and the english characters but it either doesn't turn up a search or just brings up the english cards respectively.

The only thing I know of that doesn't localize like this was at one point Bulbapedia where they had a listing of cards that had never been made into English, I think it was alphabetical.

Pikachu6319 said:
The only thing I know of that doesn't localize like this was at one point Bulbapedia where they had a listing of cards that had never been made into English, I think it was alphabetical.

Not really alphabetical, but you can achieve something similar by going throw Bulbapedia's listings for cards by Pokemon. (Such as for Bulbasaur) and looking at the cards with no entry in the English release column. Then, use the convenient pointers at the top of the page to sequentially do this with each Pokemon.

Back