Collecting The "Card Collector Help" Thread

RE: The "Merchandise Help" Thread

Looks real to me and it could be worth small bit more now since its miscut

The-Kaiser said:
Looks real to me and it could be worth small bit more now since its miscut

ye, thats what I was thinking, I better get a real version and set next to it, would look neat

Was wondering besides Genesect promo BW 101 was there a DVD Promo before it but after the Mew one from the Lucario movie?

Luispipe8 said:
You mean BW Promo 100? Because that's N.

nope i know that 100 was N

another card related question i have:

in 2012 there was Eevee Evolutions released as League promos wasnt there 1 or more that were released in the USA and Europe with each have a different stamp?

Hey everyone I'm new here so I hope this is the right place to put this :D

I'm not a huge collector of the TCG but lately I've been buying a few packs and it's gotten me nostalgic about the older cards. I was wondering if any of you all had any suggestions about where to look for older cards. A few that I really want to find would be a Dragonite (4/162) from Fossil, Typhlosion (17/111) from Neo Genesis (this is my number one most wanted card :p), Umbreon (13/75) from Neo Discovery, Houndoom (8/64) from Neo Revelations, and Light Arcanine (12/105) from Neo Destiny. It would be amazing if I could find 1st editions of these cards but I realize that probably won't come cheap. If you guys had any insight into where the most reliable places would be to find these I'd really appreciate it! Is e-bay generally a reliable place to get cards from? Anyways, thanks in advance!

ebay is usually quite reliable(in my experience atleast), or if buying a lot at once it may be cheaper on a card website such as trollandtoad.

callmekyle11 said:
ebay is usually quite reliable(in my experience atleast), or if buying a lot at once it may be cheaper on a card website such as trollandtoad.

I would not buy holos from trollandtoad.

Does anyone know where I can find the Japanese 2010 pokemon deck box or sleeves with the umbreon espeon design and especially the walking starter kind?

I spent like an hour looking and didnt find any there, I did find the umbreon espeon deck box on pokevault last year, and I regret that I didnt get it, because it was sold

Pokémon the Movie: Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice DVD had a Keldeo Card with the DVD according to Bulbapedia was the card any different from normal?

omahanime said:
My DVD did not have a card.

huh maybe Bulbapedia is wrong then...

it was listed in the Miscellaneous Promo's for 2013

RE: STAFF holo cards?

They're usually given to individuals who help out at an event. For example during the pre-release, the judges and the person who sanctioned the whole thing received a Dragalge promo just like everyone else except that it had the "Staff" stamp on it.

I really want to buy a box of my favorite set, Aquapolis. I saw that Collector's Cache sells one sealed for 600 dollars. Is that a good price or can I get them cheaper on eBay or something?

Jungletoad said:
I really want to buy a box of my favorite set, Aquapolis. I saw that Collector's Cache sells one sealed for 600 dollars. Is that a good price or can I get them cheaper on eBay or something?

It is a pretty rare box. I would expect to pay at least $450 for a box although many auctions/BINs go for more than that. Usually I find Collector's Cache to be pretty overpriced, but $600 isn't unreasonable for that box (although I would probably wade around in the market for a bit less).

I've decided not to buy the Aquapolis box and rather buy an EX FRLG box ;)

It's a shame that great sets are costing a fortune :( I only collect EX and earlier, so most of the boxes I want are really expensive. Since im jobless and still in school I save cash for months.

anyone got a list of all the promo's that have been created for the Professor Program ?

Back