Collecting The "Card Collector Help" Thread

RE: The "Merchandise Help" Thread

You may also have some luck reading through this thread and seeing other people's storage methods. Good luck!

beebahboo said:
Pritpal said:
I'm in need of a Binder and Pocket Pages to store my Mewtwo TCG Collection and a few other cards. I want to be able to put my cards into Ultra Pro Sleeves and then into the Binder Pockets, ideally it may be referred to as a 'Double-Sleeve', for further protection.

Does anyone know which 9 Pocket Pages will allow for me to do this?
I've been looking at the Ultra Pro Platinum A4 Side-Loading Pages, will these be sufficient?
Also, does anyone know of any Mewtwo Themed Binders that are available?

Thanks for reading! :D

I use Ultra Pro Platinum pages. I'm not a fan of the side loading pages, they just have a bigger opening for more dust to get into the pocket. For my rares/holos/etc. and special collections I use KMC perfect fit sleeves and then double sleeve with Ultra Pro "Deck Protector" sleeves. As far as a binder goes, I just get the $2 black 1" Avery binders. All of this fits my needs perfectly, and I'm pretty intense about caring for my collection.

If you buy a binder with a clear cover, you can use artwork of your choice.

Does /professor-oak.com/ sell singles that are actually mint? They have a bunch of cards I want, and it says that they're mint :p

And also, do they ship their cards in sleeves w/toploaders?

beebahboo said:
I use Ultra Pro Platinum pages.

That plus Ultra Pro 'Pro-Fit' sleeves are perfect, I use both of them for my Japanese cards.

Jungletoad....The rate for English Diamond Pearl set boxes were 1-2 lv X per box.

Jungletoad said:
Does /professor-oak.com/ sell singles that are actually mint? They have a bunch of cards I want, and it says that they're mint :p

It can be hit or miss with the rare cards. Most of his C/U are truly Mint but I have received a few that were EX/NM at best. He accepts returns on any cards no questions asked, but make sure to contact him beforehand and ship out with tracking if you do that. He uses padded envelopes and sleeves but I can't recall whether he uses top loaders or not. Hope this helps!

Shock! Disbelief!

Sit down for this.

3 booster pack Flash Fire blisters are in stores

omahanime said:
Shock! Disbelief!

Sit down for this.

I guess enough people complained to them about them not being sold here in the States ;)

sucks all the ones from Plasma Storm-XY are still UK only =/

SoulWind said:
Jungletoad said:

It can be hit or miss with the rare cards. Most of his C/U are truly Mint but I have received a few that were EX/NM at best. He accepts returns on any cards no questions asked, but make sure to contact him beforehand and ship out with tracking if you do that. He uses padded envelopes and sleeves but I can't recall whether he uses top loaders or not. Hope this helps!

Just got a pack of cards from him today. I'd say 10/13 of the cards I ordered were indeed mint condition. A reverse holo had some marks on it and one other holo was warped (which can be fixed). Most of the cards I got were also holos and reverse holos (most impressed by the condition of the reverses). No top loaders. The cards come in a little plastic slip pack, which is no different than getting a booster pack anyway. Care was put into their packing though. They shipped very quickly too (and free). I will be ordering from him again.

The-Kaiser said:
omahanime said:
Shock! Disbelief!

Sit down for this.

I guess enough people complained to them about them not being sold here in the States ;)

Make that Europe, I know Norway and Sweden got the old ones too, I'll just wait until Norway gets flashfire, which is never (Prolly late may/early june)

RE: List of Reverse Halos in Flash Fire

I found the checklist (didn't even have to look that hard, http://www.pokemontcgxy.com/xy2/en-us/downloads/XY2_Web_Cardlist_EN.pdf Everything that isn't EX or FA has a reverse holo counterpart.

ArceusTrainer said:
The-Kaiser said:

Make that Europe, I know Norway and Sweden got the old ones too, I'll just wait until Norway gets flashfire, which is never (Prolly late may/early june)

Everything is madly overpriced in Norway D:

Can anybody tell me more about the Pokemon VS set?

I've always liked this set, from the owners Pokemon to the artwork. I can't seem to find out a lot of info about this particular set though. All I really know is that Wizards decided not release it over here because the thought it might break the game and that it featured a lot of popular artists, but that's about it. Like, why wasn't Sugimori involved?? Anyways, I'm almost done collecting this set, so any info would be appreciated, thank you!

Keldeo EX FA

Why is this card so expensive? It's definitely my favorite card but i just don't feel like paying 30+ euro for that one card :/

RE: Keldeo EX FA

Herugaa said:
Why is this card so expensive? It's definitely my favorite card but i just don't feel like paying 30+ euro for that one card :/

Probably because it's playable in a majority of decks because of its ability, to be honest :S

RE: Can anybody tell me more about the Pokemon VS set?

Slowbro Master said:
I've always liked this set, from the owners Pokemon to the artwork. I can't seem to find out a lot of info about this particular set though. All I really know is that Wizards decided not release it over here because the thought it might break the game and that it featured a lot of popular artists, but that's about it. Like, why wasn't Sugimori involved?? Anyways, I'm almost done collecting this set, so any info would be appreciated, thank you!

I don't think Sugimori is really involved much even in the sets where he IS involved. Of course there are exceptions, like the Gym sets, but a huge bulk of his "artwork" in the TCG is his stock art pasted on free-use backgrounds that some intern probably found on Google Image Search.

I've always questioned the idea that Wizards didn't bring over VS because the cards were "broken." If you look through the actual cards, almost all of them have 60-70 HP and middling attacks, with only a few hitting 80 HP as the upper limit. Even by the standards of the game back then, they were at best on par with what else was being released at the time. I think it's more likely that WOTC didn't like how the entire set basically ignored the evolution mechanic which is a major feature of the Pokemon TCG.

As for the set in general, it was meant to be Generation II's answer to the Gym sets. It was also the set that introduced the new (and still current) backs of Japanese cards. This was said to be in preparation for the cards to adopt the same backs globally, but the fact that they never released the set outside of Japan kind of ruined those plans.

RE: Keldeo EX FA

Herugaa said:

Here in the U.S. we can get it for roughly 19 euros so I don't know how you are coming up with 30+. It really is only mildly costly compared to other Full Art cards that are playable. Look at all the other playable full arts and you will see that after the set has been out for a month or two it goes down in cost a lot.

RE: Can anybody tell me more about the Pokemon VS set?

Slowbro Master said:

I'm so bitter that it never made it to the states. Really beautiful artwork and spectacular holos, I love that they had Elite 4 member pokemon. In my opinion they were much better done than the Gym Challenge/Heroes cards which were quite bland. I'd love to have some of those Japanese VS cards but holy dang they are expensive and rare.

Serious props to you for collecting that set. Those and a few of the promos that didn't make it to the states are the only Japanese cards I have always wanted.

Flashfire 3-pack blisters vs buying individual packs?
The 3-pack in $11.98, single packs are $4.18.
Anyone prefer one or the other? I would think the packs in the 3-pack are in line, as opposed to the single packs being completely random.

I've already got 3 of each coin and holo that the blisters come with, so that isn't really a selling point anymore.

Thoughts?

i always prefer 3 pack blisters more cards for the $

Back