Collecting The "Card Collector Help" Thread

RE: The "Merchandise Help" Thread

Riraito said:
I must be very lucky, because I just won an auction for the Revived Legends one. I have no idea of the price I paid was right, there is hardly any info on these.

So I'm still looking for this one:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/adrianganteng/IMG-20120724-WA0002.jpg

Thanks for the info Athena :3

There is also a deck box and card file from the Neo Revelation era as well that weren't mentioned...I find those even rarer and harder to find.

I stumbled upon this really awesome figure!

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Entei_%28Unnamed_Third_Set_10%29

It's also on Ebay, but something tells me this isn't a real one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/244-Entei-POKEMON-TRADING-FIGURE-GAME-NEXT-QUEST-TFG/251142174031?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.RVI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20490%26meid%3D4744744094056285957%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D9149%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D170927193493

Riraito said:
I stumbled upon this really awesome figure!

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Entei_%28Unnamed_Third_Set_10%29

It's also on Ebay, but something tells me this isn't a real one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/244-Entei-POKEMON-TRADING-FIGURE-GAME-NEXT-QUEST-TFG/251142174031?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.RVI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20490%26meid%3D4744744094056285957%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D9149%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D170927193493

Probably, but it is cheap.

Has anyone used these binders before?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unikeep-3-Ring-Case-Binder-Various-Colors-and-Sizes-Available-/131095968903?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item1e85edbc87

they seem right up my alley :)

I wouldn't expect it to be real, as the 2nd set of those was never released, much less the 3rd. Also, although the site looks pretty legit, just look at this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/13-Pokemon-Action-Figure-SHINX-SHAYMIN-REGIGIGAS-DARKRAI-ARCEUS-ROSERADE-GALLADE-/250912930286?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6b9379ee

It's kinda scary how bad these are.

I came across a whole site of derpy Pokémon figures yesterday xD

I really wonder if I should buy the figure. I don't want any bootlegs but I think this figure is very hard to get?

Riraito said:
I came across a whole site of derpy Pokémon figures yesterday xD

I really wonder if I should buy the figure. I don't want any bootlegs but I think this figure is very hard to get?

If the price is too good to be true, then it's probably a bootleg. Also if it's shipping from China, that's another giveaway. I honestly wouldn't waste my money, and would just try to find the real thing.

Not sure if this is the correct place but I just want to see if someone might know the answer anway.

I have some older Pokemon games that I was thinking about selling and am curious if anyone knows how much they go for (either ebay or at gamestop)

Pokemon Diamond (DS; with everything included [case, manuals, etc.])
Pokemon White (DS; with everything included)
Pokemon SoulSilver (DS; with everything included except pokewalker)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team (DS; Case unsure if manuals are included)
Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA; Just the game but also have the wirless thing that came with the game, not sure if that changes value or not)

@AnthonyG,

Definitely sell those on eBay if you can. I sold my old games minimum $20 apiece. SoulSilver is easily $30 or more.

Agreed with the ebay sentiment. Gamestop is easy but a huge ripoff; they'll give you pennies on the dollar for what you could get selling it on your own.

Thanks for the info folks. I'll look into ebay then since that seems to the best way to get the most out of the games.

SoulSilver and White would be getting the most I am guessing? Any other of the games in your opinion be able to get more?

Also would it be better to erase all the data on the games or do people want/pay more for previous information?

I've bought a few used Pokémon games now that I'm starting to get my hubby into playing; I usually like looking through the old account's information just for fun. People will likely delete your game and info anyway, unless you have something super fancy/rare on there. Probably up to you whether you want to leave the info on or not, but unless you have a full Pokédex or a boatload of shinies, I don't think people will actually pay more for a game without the information deleted.

I'm not sure at all on values, but of the remaining 3, Diamond would probably be worth the most since it can still be played on the current handheld, and it's a main-line game. Mystery Dungeon probably isn't worth as much because it's a spinoff, and LeafGreen can't be played on a 3DS so there's probably less demand. But this is mostly speculation. You could probably use Ebay completed listings to get a rough idea how much people have been paying for them.

I transferd most of them away all I have left is like 12 or 13 pokemon with a ton of items like Rare Candy, Masterball, etc., guess I'll leave it there.

I will look on ebay get a rough price on where to start.

Thanks for all the help.

Is the elite trainer box wide enough to fit standard toploaders on the inside? Thanks.

Auride said:
Is the elite trainer box wide enough to fit standard toploaders on the inside? Thanks.

No, but sideloaders fit.

How many different Vivillon formes exist in the TCG?

As the title states, I'd like to ask if anyone knows how many Vivillon patterns exist in the TCG.

I'm collecting a living card pokedex, and Vivillon's patterns are quite the enigma. As far as I'm aware, there are different patterns in the english, japanese and german sets. Perhaps we can use this thread to compile a list of known patterns?

Edit: Presenting a compiled list of languages and patterns (thanks to all contributors)

Meadow: Present in all languages
Elegant: Japan
Continental: German
High Plains: English
Marine: Italian

The game is also published in the following languages, possibly with patterns that are currently unknown to me:

Korean
Spanish
Porteugese

RE: How many different Vivillon formes exist in the TCG?

There are currently confirmed 2 patterns each for Japanese, German, English, and Italian releases. Each language has "Meadow" pattern and also a special pattern relating to the country: Elegant for Japan, Continental for German, High Plains for English, and Marine for Italian.

I'm not sure what all languages the TCG is released in these days, but if there are more languages, they might have their own patterns too. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Korea, but I'm not sure what special pattern they would have. I don't believe X/Y Collection is released in Korea yet so we might have to wait a little while to find out.

Also Spanish and Portuguese. The sets aren't released until a few months, but they will have a different pattern for sure.

omahanime said:
No, but sideloaders fit.

I looked around, and I can't seem to find anything like that (at least for trading cards). Can you clarify what you are referring to?

Thanks for the information!

Hopefully a box set containing all the patterns becomes available somewhere in the future. It's quite a hassle to track Vivillon all over the world.

Back