Collecting The "Card Collector Help" Thread

Furious Fists early release??

So today me and two of my friends went to our local Walmart to buy some packs and we walked in and to our surprise we saw a cardboard stand with FF booster packs, theme decks and mega charizard x and y boxes. we are pretty sure it was a mistake because we didn't think they were supposed to come out till the 13th we were wondering if anyone else had a similar thing happen or if was just our Walmart. I bought four packs and one of my friends bought six packs.

RE: Furious Fists early release??

Stores will often put out merchanise days or even weeks before it's official release date. This includes Pokemon TCG sets. It happens all the time, and isn't typically a problem because pre-release events make these cards available early anyways.

The date when the set is actually tournament legal, however, is universally (outside of Japan) defined to be 20 (iirc) after the release of the English set, so there's really no issue there.

RE: Furious Fists early release??

ok thanks for the reply we have just recently got back into TCG so we weren't sure if it was a big deal or not

RE: The "Merchandise Help" Thread

ShimmeringIce said:
I hope this is the right section, sorry if it's not. I've been trying to complete my BW promo collection, excluding ones like Tropical Beach or Victory Cup, and some of them are almost nowhere to be found. Eevee BW97, Mew BW98, and Ninetales BW66 stick out, among others. Ones from blisters and promo packs, especially. Tins and boxes show up all around. I've had a really hard time finding any blisters other than a few select ones ever since the set Next Destinies. Has anyone else seen a lack of blisters too? Or is there just a secret place that I don't know about?

I have seen a few from the United Kingdom so I'm almost wondering if they weren't even released in the US? On that note, are cards from the UK any different than ones from the US? I hesitate to purchase promos from another country because then I may feel like they don't exactly count in my collection because they're from a different country. If anyone could clear this up at all, please do, it's really frustrating because when I started collecting the promos I thought I could actually get them all. :(

3 pack blisters starting with the Plasma sets werent released in the USA and werent released again until FlashFire as to why this happened is a big unknown

What do you mean by "floor display"? Do you have photos?

Familiar said:
What do you mean by "floor display"? Do you have photos?

TPCi created a display stand about 5' tall 3' wide. It has Charizard X boxes for sale on one side and Charizard Y boxes on the other. In center was theme decks and blisters. Sorry, no photos.

The-Kaiser said:
3 pack blisters starting with the Plasma sets werent released in the USA and werent released again until FlashFire as to why this happened is a big unknown

Probably something to do with them trying out all the new types of promo packs and distributions then.

As a consequence over here the blisters (and the tins) were pretty much the only things we did get.

I'm having some problems with what I should buy. Just to mention it, I only collect the older sets (Base - Power Keepers).

Normally I don't purchase a booster box unless it's a set I really like, and have few cards from. I've bought a Skyridge, Aquapolis, 1st ED Gym Heroes and an Expedition booster box, but they are insanely expensive for me considering that I'm 16 and jobless -.-

I've thought about buying booster packs, but a lot of people have had their packs weighed or something. For me there is no point in buying packs if there are no holos or ultra rares in it :(

Question is: Is it common to get weighed packs on eBay or sites such as CC, T&T etc?

Jungletoad said:
I'm having some problems with what I should buy. Just to mention it, I only collect the older sets (Base - Power Keepers).

Normally I don't purchase a booster box unless it's a set I really like, and have few cards from. I've bought a Skyridge, Aquapolis, 1st ED Gym Heroes and an Expedition booster box, but they are insanely expensive for me considering that I'm 16 and jobless -.-

I've thought about buying booster packs, but a lot of people have had their packs weighed or something. For me there is no point in buying packs if there are no holos or ultra rares in it :(

Question is: Is it common to get weighed packs on eBay or sites such as CC, T&T etc?

It is very common to find weighed packs on eBay. Dunno bout the other two sites, as I haven't bought from them. But even if the packs haven't been weighed, there's no guarantee you'll pull anything good from them. In fact, about half the packs in a booster box are duds, so your best bet if you want holos/UR's is to buy singles. Saves you money in the long run.

Jungletoad said:

I have both from CC and got some pretty good pulls, I trust them and I don't think they weigh their packs.
T&T on the other hand, I wouldn't recommend them, solely because they buy packs from other and the risk is that they have weighed them before selling to T&T.

That certainly explains why I can't find any blisters. Thanks for the information! For anyone who did get them, were they hard to find? I'm still going to collect them, but this makes it a bit more difficult.

I am in the UK, so I have had most of which you mentioned. If anyone needs any UK blisters, I can have a look ?

Hey I hope this is the right place to ask, so I saw a lot of Japanese sets of cards based off of each movie that comes out. Is there a list of all of them that someone can share with me? Are there English movie sets? And a website that sells them at a decent price in m/nm condition would be great! Thanks!

TheTPCProductionz said:
I am in the UK, so I have had most of which you mentioned. If anyone needs any UK blisters, I can have a look ?

Do you know any reliable online UK Pokemon stores that ship to the US and carry a stock of blisters? I'm not sure if there'd still be older ones in store. :/

I lost my 2012 regional championship roll die somewhere and haven't been able to find it. Does anyone happen to know how or where I can find another? I don't want to spend much but I would love to get a replacement.

Hope this is the right place to ask.

airsoft246 said:
Are there English movie sets?

None that I can think of.

airsoft246 said:
And a website that sells them at a decent price in m/nm condition would be great!

Most of them would be very expensive.

airsoft246 said:
Hey I hope this is the right place to ask, so I saw a lot of Japanese sets of cards based off of each movie that comes out. Is there a list of all of them that someone can share with me? Are there English movie sets? And a website that sells them at a decent price in m/nm condition would be great! Thanks!

You can try eBay or Yahoo Japan. I've never seen any of them at store websites. The last time I saw them on eBay they were $100+ each.

Pokemon Elite Trainer Kits

I started collecting and playing Pokemon when I was 12. Now i'm 27 and my youngest brother which is 9 got me back into playing. He didnt understand the game and i was teaching it to him to understand it better plus its something we can connect on being 18 years apart. I enjoy spending time with him. It has gotten alot bigger since i was a kid. seems like a new set coming out every few months. I bought a Furious Fists elite trainer kit yesterday. its a great deal for the money. that said my question is, in which sets did they have an elite trainer kit? i saw furious fists and the X and the Y. Which other ones have them? Thanks Adam

RE: Pokemon Elite Trainer Kits

Every other set released since Plasma Storm will also have an Elite Trainer Box released alongside it. This includes Plasma Storm, Plasma Blast, XY (which is unique, because there were 2 boxes released with this set: one for Xerneas and one for Yveltal), and Furious Fists. Presumably the set after the next set will also have a trainer box. And so on.

RE: Pokemon Elite Trainer Kits

Auride said:
Every other set released since Plasma Storm will also have an Elite Trainer Box released alongside it. This includes Plasma Storm, Plasma Blast, XY (which is unique, because there were 2 boxes released with this set: one for Xerneas and one for Yveltal), and Furious Fists. Presumably the set after the next set will also have a trainer box. And so on.

Thank you. after i posted this i saw an article on pokemon.com that said it was every other since plasma storm, and they wished they would have done one for flashfire that they have had a ton of complaints about skipping it. Then they released a statement last week saying that every series or set will have an elite trainer box. i cant wait for november 5th for the XY4 Phantom Forces. I have already pre-ordered a booster box and elite trainer box. im so excited like a kid at christmas. is there a thread for posting, buying and selling cards on this site? thanks for your time

Back