XY Team Flare: Creating a Beautiful World or Having a Secret Motive?

My guess is that team Flare's goals have something to do with mega evolutions. And given that the admins are scientists, they're probably trying to create something (something that requires a lot of money to make). But what? Maybe they're trying to create mega stones for the legendaries to push their powers to the limit, giving them the opportunity to change the world however they want?

Who knows. I just hope their pokemon have a little more variety than the other teams.

Plasma in B/W I could relate with, and actually agreed with. Every single time I was like, "why am I on this side of the battle? o_0"
But Plasma in B2/W2 became no more than thieves with no true goal, which made it easier to fight them.

RE: Team FlaCreating a beautiful world or having a secret motive?

Sheriff_K said:
Plasma in B/W I could relate with, and actually agreed with. Every single time I was like, "why am I on this side of the battle? o_0"
But Plasma in B2/W2 became no more than thieves with no true goal, which made it easier to fight them.

Which basically means the story in BW was better since you were conflicted. Personally I hope they have one of those kinds of goals for team flare.

zappy800 said:
Sheriff_K said:

Which basically means the story in BW was better since you were conflicted. Personally I hope they have one of those kinds of goals for team flare.

With those suits? and that hair? I don't care if they are goddamn mahatma gandhi, those things are A CRIME. against fashion. THEY SHALL FALL.

professorlight said:
zappy800 said:

With those suits? and that hair? I don't care if they are Goshdarn mahatma gandhi, those things are A CRIME. against fashion. THEY SHALL FALL.
Childhood trauma surrounding the color red? I for one think they look suave... :p

Let's get back to their motives and off of their fashion sense folks.

For me, I think Flare has the potential to outdo Plasma as far as a good team with a good story. To date [for me] the best plots were centered around Team Plasma and Galactic in Pokemon Platinum. I just hope Gamefreak doesn't let us down and continues to strive for more ambitious story-telling. But I also know Gamefreak sometimes also takes a step back and Flare and their motives could be entirely cookie-cutter bad guys. As for their motives? I have no clue but I just hope it's well executed and surprises me.

When we heard of the original goal of making money... People complained about it being unoriginal. But I find it to be ironic that everyone keeps proposing the "capture/ manipulate legendaries" goal, as if that's not anymore unoriginal.

My prediction is that they want to galvanize the world, making it more luxurious and beautiful. Kalos is designed to be a region focused on beauty so this makes sense. The idea is still somewhat unoriginal (Team Galactic) but its different enough.
How is that evil? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and team flare's idea of beauty might be a little blind.

It doesn't mean that if their plan is to make a' beautiful world' the game's centered around beauty
Everyone sees beauty in their own way team flares idea of beauty could be
To see the whole kalos region burn

PokemonY123 said:
It doesn't mean that if their plan is to make a' beautiful world' the game's centered around beauty

Masuda said himself the game was based on France to compell beauty.

Bashamo said:
PokemonY123 said:

Masuda said himself the game was based on France to compell beauty.

Well who knows they might want to burn the world to ash, and start a new beautiful world out of the ashes. We don't know exactly how they want to make a beautiful world... People see beauty in different ways so their plan could have sadistic kind of side to it. :p

Bashamo said:
Ghost King said:
Well who knows they might want to burn the world to ash, and start a new beautiful world out of the ashes. We don't know exactly how they want to make a beautiful world... People see beauty in different ways so their plan could have sadistic kind of side to it. :p

Read the last sentence of my original post...

oops, totally misread that, I thought you meant it was a dumb Idea, sorry.... x face palms myself x

Maybe they are like those crazy extremist avant-garde groups from the first half of the 20th century. They sure look like they could be, in a totally fabulous way... I hope that this time there are going to be large changes within the plot between versions, it would be amazing to see two team Flares, the one in Y wanting the exact opposite of X to create beauty and/or make money. The plot needs to be substantial, black and white forced Pokemon to go with more complex and impressive stories, people will be disappointed if Pokemon won't continue that trend, but then again, its Pokemon...

Junichi Masuda: So this time around I think that the villainous team are a bit more charming, and funny than maybe other groups in past games. But with the global simultaneous release of X and Y I really want people to experience Team Flare for themselves, and find out exactly what they’re up to.

He says they're going to be a bit funnier than the older teams. I'm pretty happy about this because I never wanted them to be serious. He doesn't actually say their goal directly but I doubt it's destroying and rebuilding the world...I hope not anyway.

Fee said:
Junichi Masuda: So this time around I think that the villainous team are a bit more charming, and funny than maybe other groups in past games. But with the global simultaneous release of X and Y I really want people to experience Team Flare for themselves, and find out exactly what they’re up to.

He says they're going to be a bit funnier than the older teams. I'm pretty happy about this because I never wanted them to be serious. He doesn't actually say their goal directly but I doubt it's destroying and rebuilding the world...I hope not anyway.

With those suits, who would think they are serious? they could be holding a puppy at gunpoint in front of me and I still would laugh them out of the room.

But, seriously, why do they need to be funny? black and white was great in part because team plasma was serious, dead serious, and ghetsis was a manipulative asshole, which was a good twist, unlike BW2 where the twist was that ghetsis was behind it all, as if that wasn't obvious.

professorlight said:
Fee said:

With those suits, who would think they are serious? they could be holding a puppy at gunpoint in front of me and I still would laugh them out of the room.

But, seriously, why do they need to be funny? black and white was great in part because team plasma was serious, dead serious, and ghetsis was a manipulative asshole, which was a good twist, unlike BW2 where the twist was that ghetsis was behind it all, as if that wasn't obvious.

Actually, the twist at the end was that Colress was working for Team Plasma, but I know what you mean.
The ending of BW1 was incredible because of the whole animation sequence of the castle rising out of the ground and swallowing the Pokemon League. THE POKEMON LEAGUE!!!! You don't get much better than that.
...although, to be fair, the whole animation sequence at the end of BW2 with Kyurem absorbing N's Reshiram/Zekrom was pretty great too. Whatever they do with Team Flare with regards to their motives/story, I hope they continue to include epic animations like this to highlight key parts of the storyline. They were my favorite parts of BW1&2. I remember saving right before entering N's chamber just so I could watch the scene where Zekrom bursts through the wall over and over again.

professorlight said:
Fee said:

Well I played through that whole game expecting a regular Pokémon story. When I got to the end I was kind of like =0. What? This story is a bit different from usual...The story still wasn't that amazing to me though. Then it ended on a semi-cliffhanger with Ghetsis disappearing which was kind of meh. I'd rather have an unserious story since I like humor(especially when it's villains) and I can't see myself ever thinking of a Pokémon story as amazing anyway.

someguy said:
My guess is that team Flare's goals have something to do with mega evolutions. And given that the admins are scientists, they're probably trying to create something (something that requires a lot of money to make). But what? Maybe they're trying to create mega stones for the legendaries to push their powers to the limit, giving them the opportunity to change the world however they want?

Who knows. I just hope their pokemon have a little more variety than the other teams.

I honestly think you nailed it. It makes the most sense. Maybe they want more out of the legendaries and know that they can get it through mega evolving them. Then they could use them to create the beautiful world by destroying ugly things with Yveltal and creating beautiful perfect forms in their place with Xerneas. Them wanting money could factor into financing this goal. Other conflicts could also come from the fact that you need to be friendly with a pokemon for it to evolve and we still don't know what these stones are made from/out of/come from. That could be a whole nother problem. I think this story line would be much more interesting and creative than anything we've seen so far. Maybe Team Flare even going so far as to force the legendaries to "Love them." Yep. I want this. Now.

Mega Evolutions are huuuuuuuuge.
I'm thinking that maybe Colress had moved on to Kalos and found out about Mega Evolutions.
Maybe all of his hard work ended up with Mega Evolutions, and now he works with Flare.

Ohman177 said:
someguy said:

I honestly think you nailed it. It makes the most sense. Maybe they want more out of the legendaries and know that they can get it through mega evolving them. Then they could use them to create the beautiful world by destroying ugly things with Yveltal and creating beautiful perfect forms in their place with Xerneas. Them wanting money could factor into financing this goal. Other conflicts could also come from the fact that you need to be friendly with a pokemon for it to evolve and we still don't know what these stones are made from/out of/come from. That could be a whole nother problem. I think this story line would be much more interesting and creative than anything we've seen so far. Maybe Team Flare even going so far as to force the legendaries to "Love them." Yep. I want this. Now.

Very similar to what I thought upon hearing about Team Flare's necessity for money.

We have no idea where "mega stones" are found yet, and one can only assume they aren't lying around. This leads me to believe they may be found in extreme places (EX top of a mountain) or created by humans, both of which would require money. Not to mention the idea of legendaries having mega evolutions requiring some sort of extreme mega stone.

Very interested to see what the scientists true motives are.

nightkeeper said:
Ohman177 said:

Very similar to what I thought upon hearing about Team Flare's necessity for money.

We have no idea where "mega stones" are found yet, and one can only assume they aren't lying around. This leads me to believe they may be found in extreme places (EX top of a mountain) or created by humans, both of which would require money. Not to mention the idea of legendaries having mega evolutions requiring some sort of extreme mega stone.

Very interested to see what the scientists true motives are.

I can actually see this happening, but usually there has been a twist in each plan with the leader. who do you think the leader is? and what do you think the twist is?

I think the leader is going to be the Actress, and the twist is for the beautiful world is that she is the ruler of the Pokémon world, it is a "Beautiful" world for her ;)

They need money to keep themselves looking at their most fabulous. Also, they need to pay for food somehow.

Back