XY Team Flare: Creating a Beautiful World or Having a Secret Motive?

RE: Why do you think Team Flare's goal is money?

DorianBlack said:
Here's the problem I'm seeing: everyone's thinking about them (and all the past teams) as evil, which is a bit much, especially considering the fact that most of the grunts seem to be in it for money or thrills regardless of what team we're talking about, and the fact that all of the leaders of the more ideals-driven teams see themselves as ultimately doing good, even if they have to break the law to do it. They're not evil, they're criminal, and money is just as valid a motivation for criminal activity as anything else.

Team Galatic tried to destroy the world, team aqua tried drown the world(I think that was the motive) vice versa for magma, Team Plasma wanted to take over the world.... I would say they were a little bit more than criminals...I say evil.... The only team I say is criminal is team Rocket

Ghost King said:
DorianBlack said:
Here's the problem I'm seeing: everyone's thinking about them (and all the past teams) as evil, which is a bit much, especially considering the fact that most of the grunts seem to be in it for money or thrills regardless of what team we're talking about, and the fact that all of the leaders of the more ideals-driven teams see themselves as ultimately doing good, even if they have to break the law to do it. They're not evil, they're criminal, and money is just as valid a motivation for criminal activity as anything else.

Team Galatic tried to destroy the world, team aqua tried drown the world(I think that was the motive) vice versa for magma, Team Plasma wanted to take over the world.... I would say they were a little bit more than criminals...I say evil.... The only team I say is criminal is team Rocket

Galactic thought they were creating a better universe (they didn't know cyrus was making it for himself) plasma thought they were liberating pokemon (didn't know ghetsis' true motive) aqua and magma wanted to expand the sea/land.
Most teams don't actually know the true motives of the leader,

Ghost King said:
DorianBlack said:

leecario said:
Ghost King said:

Galactic thought they were creating a better universe (they didn't know cyrus was making it for himself) plasma thought they were liberating pokemon (didn't know ghetsis' true motive) aqua and magma wanted to expand the sea/land.

I was just gonna answer exacly that. But with an addition: all those teams believed in their cause, so some would say misguided (see: the escinded team plasma in BW2). Was their cause evil? I guess. How much "evil" someone who believes himself to be doing the right thing is? they all had criminal methods to achieve their goals, many times also criminal.
You got confused... "evil" is not about scale of the acts... is about the motives behind them. If you trip an old lady in the street to grab her purse, that's criminal; if you do it just for the hell of it, you have no other motivation, but evil.

professorlight said:
Ghost King said:

leecario said:

I was just gonna answer exacly that. But with an addition: all those teams believed in their cause, so some would say misguided (see: the escinded team plasma in BW2). Was their cause evil? I guess. How much "evil" someone who believes himself to be doing the right thing is? they all had criminal methods to achieve their goals, many times also criminal.
You got confused... "evil" is not about scale of the acts... is about the motives behind them. If you trip an old lady in the street to grab her purse, that's criminal; if you do it just for the hell of it, you have no other motivation, but evil.
Are you saying i confused evil or ghost king?
I agree: stealing food for your starving family; good intentions yet criminal. Stealing food FROM a starving family; evil

Obviously their goal is mass inflation.

leecario said:
I agree: stealing food for your starving family; good intentions yet criminal. Stealing food FROM a starving family; evil

I was saying ghost king got confused, not you. What I said was like an addendum to what you said.
Sorry, I should have been more clear.

SoulWind said:

No, that's the neoliberals's schtick.

*le sigh*

Ok everyone, we get that Team Flair/Flare has their goal as money but has anyone stopped to think of the possibility of them having that goal with other plans in mind? Until the games come out we can not say for certain that this is the case but we must remember that it is possible.

Ima just copy and paste something I posted in another thread:
"WHAT IF TEAM FLARE GETS MONEYS BY SELLING THE STARTERS TO ALL THE PROFESSORS! But plot twist is once you go to where they raise them, they have deplorable conditions and are abusive to the pokemon because it saves them money and you have to put a stop to it. Double plot twist, PETA (known as PETP in the game) finds out and charges into their main headquarters after you beat the pokemon league and they arrest not only Team Flare, but you as well. TRIPLE PLOT TWIST, the head of PETP IS N! He's back and as pissed off as ever. While him ordering the Team Flare operation to be shut down is a good thing, he goes overboard as always and sinks back into his hating people using pokemon phase. But since his plan didnt work last time, THE FORTH PLOT TWIST is that he decides to go to the root of the problem. THE PEOPLE. He starts kidnapping people and holding them against their will for ransom, the ransom being the release of their pokemon. You must put a stop to his crazyness once again by doing something you'd least expect: Teaming up with your friends AND TEAM FLARE to put a stop to what PETP has become."

Ohman177 said:
"WHAT IF TEAM FLARE GETS MONEYS BY SELLING THE STARTERS TO ALL THE PROFESSORS! But plot twist is once you go to where they raise them, they have deplorable conditions and are abusive to the pokemon because it saves them money and you have to put a stop to it. Double plot twist, PETA (known as PETP in the game) finds out and charges into their main headquarters after you beat the pokemon league and they arrest not only Team Flare, but you as well. TRIPLE PLOT TWIST, the head of PETP IS N! He's back and as pissed off as ever. While him ordering the Team Flare operation to be shut down is a good thing, he goes overboard as always and sinks back into his hating people using pokemon phase. But since his plan didnt work last time, THE FORTH PLOT TWIST is that he decides to go to the root of the problem. THE PEOPLE. He starts kidnapping people and holding them against their will for ransom, the ransom being the release of their pokemon. You must put a stop to his crazyness once again by doing something you'd least expect: Teaming up with your friends AND TEAM FLARE to put a stop to what PETP has become."

You have quite the imagination sir! I completely love this idea, though, and it can be like a shot at PETA for their Pokemon smear campaign recently.

In all honesty though, I feel that money is simply the base goal. There will most likely be a very sinister or criminal intent for obtaining said money, but we wont know until we play the game- and quite frankly, I dont think GF will reveal much more about the plot line until AFTER the games release.

NoDice said:
Ohman177 said:

You have quite the imagination sir! I completely love this idea, though, and it can be like a shot at PETA for their Pokemon smear campaign recently.

In all honesty though, I feel that money is simply the base goal. There will most likely be a very sinister or criminal intent for obtaining said money, but we wont know until we play the game- and quite frankly, I dont think GF will reveal much more about the plot line until AFTER the games release.

I must be really late cause I'm just now finding this.
http://features.peta.org/pokemon-black-and-white-parody/

professorlight said:
leecario said:

I was saying ghost king got confused, not you. What I said was like an addendum to what you said.
Sorry, I should have been more clear.

SoulWind said:

No, that's the neoliberals's schtick.
Yep I was confused, yes I see the leader are misinforming the grunt, so I see your point.

Ohman177 said:

Nice imagination but I don't think that N would go that far and you have one too many plot twists in that. I doubt N will be returning as a villain because the hero from Black and White would never let him sink that far again and N does not even have Reshiram/Zekrom anymore so he really would have no way to stop the hero of Black/White from stopping him. Remember that N was never really evil, he now understands that there are pokemon who love their trainers and love to battle.

As creative as your idea is I have to say that it is the wrong type of creative.

Raptor9229 said:
Ohman177 said:

Nice imagination but I don't think that N would go that far and you have one too many plot twists in that. I doubt N will be returning as a villain because the hero from Black and White would never let him sink that far again and N does not even have Reshiram/Zekrom anymore so he really would have no way to stop the hero of Black/White from stopping him. Remember that N was never really evil, he now understands that there are pokemon who love their trainers and love to battle.

As creative as your idea is I have to say that it is the wrong type of creative.

It was more of a joke....

Raptor9229 said:
Ohman177 said:

...sarcasm. Do you know it...

I think it's nice that for the second time ever, the evil team doesn't only have the goal of changing the natural order/destroying the world. I think what the title of this thread is the goal; to raise money, however which way, whether it be stealing property or stealing Pokemon.

Just replaying HGSS...

I'm at the "machine part"-Rocket guy. And I'm wondering what country he is supposed to be from. It just seems like poor english, but maybe its more clear in japanese?
Anyhow..after you defeat him and tell him that Rocket is defeated in Johto too, he says he's going back home to "his country" and creating a new Team Rocket there.

I was thinking, if there was any chance the japanese version hinted at the guy being french, Team Flare might be the result of this?
Their seemingly simplistic goals (I'm sure there will be twists and whatnot too, but still) made me feel like we're back to Rocket-esque villains anyway.

Mitja said:
Just replaying HGSS...

I'm at the "machine part"-Rocket guy. And I'm wondering what country he is supposed to be from. It just seems like poor english, but maybe its more clear in japanese?
Anyhow..after you defeat him and tell him that Rocket is defeated in Johto too, he says he's going back home to "his country" and creating a new Team Rocket there.

I was thinking, if there was any chance the japanese version hinted at the guy being french, Team Flare might be the result of this?
Their seemingly simplistic goals (I'm sure there will be twists and whatnot too, but still) made me feel like we're back to Rocket-esque villains anyway.

If the guy turns out to be French, I hereby award you with the Best Eye of The Century Award.

Mitja said:
Just replaying HGSS...

I'm pretty sure he was in a house in Iccirus City in White (and I'm assuming Black, not sure about W2/B2).

Dark Void said:
Mitja said:
Just replaying HGSS...

I'm pretty sure he was in a house in Iccirus City in White (and I'm assuming Black, not sure about W2/B2).

Ooooooooooh!
I remember. The house you can only reach in winter. Yeah I think that guy is talking broken english too and mentions team Rockets fail in a region far away (referring to Kanto/Johto).
It's in BW (In BW2 hes replaced by a couple who say they were ex-Magma/Aqua)

He didn't start a new Team Rocket in Unova yet though if that really is supposed to be the same guy. (Or just changed his mind)

There is more to team Flare, that is certain. There is little to no information about them right now, they even seem underwhelming, but it might very well be that this is going to be the most evil, grandiose organisation to date.

Maybe team Flare want to make money by capturing Xerneas/Yveltal and sell them for a high price. Like hunter Jane from the DP anime.

Back