TDK (Thundurus EX / Deoxys EX / Kyurem)

RE: Plasma (Thundurus EX / Deoxys EX with attackers and techs)

As of now, I am testing with this Poké line:

4 Deoxys ex
2 Thundurus ex
3 Kyurem
2 Absol

what do you guys think?

What is everybody's opinion on teching in a single Victini EX? It can be a pain for VirGen, and if you need it late game to just finish off an EX, you can just scramble switch.

I cut kuyrem and just run lugia thunduras deoxys due to all the tool scrapper bangle and mirror aren't worth it. Also you run a heavy scrapper count yourself.

DrunkSpinda said:
As of now, I am testing with this Poké line:

4 Deoxys ex
2 Thundurus ex
3 Kyurem
2 Absol

what do you guys think?

This is exactly what I am running... works very well with Silver Bangle.

I personally dont like the two absol thing.

Yeah, I'd cut down to one so you can get more TSS in.

I find Keldo/float stone essential in this deck. Not only does it help against Lasers, but also resets Kyurem's Blizzard Burn.

Personally, I think both have pros and cons... I have tested a list with Keldeo/Float Stone, and I have my Absol version with heavy Bangle. They both have seen the same amount of success. It just comes down to personal preference in my mind.

How necessary do you guys think a Lugia EX is? Because personally I'd rather just focus on Kyurem, and the only time I'd use Lugia is to Scramble Switch off a Kyurem to take 3 Prizes for the win out of nowhere.

Sheriff_K said:
How necessary do you guys think a Lugia EX is? Because personally I'd rather just focus on Kyurem, and the only time I'd use Lugia is to Scramble Switch off a Kyurem to take 3 Prizes for the win out of nowhere.

Lugia EX definitely isn't necessary in this deck. If you play Scramble Switch, I would probably play 1, just for some crazy come-from-behind wins. But if you're playing any other Ace Spec, I would either not play it at all, or make a Lugia focused list, with DCE's, and maybe even Frozen City like Johnny Rabus did.

Umm.. you can only have one ACE SPEC anyways, you do know that, right?

wrags23 said:
Umm.. you can only have one ACE SPEC anyways, you do know that, right?

That's probably why he said he'd play Lugia with Scramble Switch but not with another Ace Spec...?

Lugia is definitely not a staple in the deck, but it is decent as a 1-of in some lists.

Speaking of Frozen City, that card is ridiculously nice for the Blastoise matchup. Not only does it get rid of their Tropical Beach early-game so you can get a better start on them, but it also means Keldeo and Black Kyurem are much easier to 1-shot. If they ever get enough energy to attack, they immediately become within OHKO range for Kyurem even without Silver Bangle or the help of Deoxys.

I think Silver Bangle in this deck is a must. Hitting that magic 170/180 becomes so much easier if you don't play LaserBank. 120 from Kyurem + 30 from Bangle means you need 2 Deoxys to OHKO most EXs and only 3 Deoxys for the peskier ones. Not to mention having a Frozen City makes it that much easier.

I think frozen city helps a little bit in the virinesect match up in the turns 1-2. Since virizion isn't a plasma Pokemon until they get a plasma badge onto it. Even if they do you should be running at least 3 scrapper( though you'd want to conserve these for g booster). I know it seems stupid but at least you don't run 6 dead cards in your deck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

I only run 2 Scrapper. G Booster is an ACE Spec, so only one to deal with per game. Silver Mirror can get REALLY annoying, but ideally with enough Catchers/Scrappers, you can get 6 prizes anyways.

I've actually taken out the Frozen City in my deck now. I prefer getting to 170/180 with Kyurem, Bangle, and Deoxys alone - not too hard without it, and now I can run cards to focus on the all-too-common mirror match.

How do you guys feel about Silver Mirror in Plasma?

Scizorliscious said:
How do you guys feel about Silver Mirror in Plasma?

The same way I felt about Enhanced Hammer in Plasma. It's tough to run, but can work as a mirror counter.

Would you run Hammer or Mirror? I feel like both have strong points, but really can't decide which would be more useful. Especially since Hammer helps in some other matchups as well.

Uhm people run shadow triad to get back the gbooster from the discard

Right, but only one copy to deal with per game. Shadow Triad means they can't refresh that turn.

G Booster lets them get the OHKO for a turn, but let's be honest, it's not that hard to get the OHKO back in general. Even if you can't, Tool Scrapper is an option.

Pretty true, but once every deck starts to run more than 2 tool scrappers maybe they'll up their shadow triads. Then again they have to attach the 2 energy they just discarded

So I'd say shadow triad would be pointless. Maybe just use it for the last 2 prizes

Back