TDK (Thundurus EX / Deoxys EX / Kyurem)

RE: Plasma (Thundurus EX / Deoxys EX with attackers and techs)

Why exactly would Eviolites help? Scrapper is only going to get more common and I don't see Eviolite helping against much of anything, especially when it has to compete with Silver Mirror.

That's true, but it does mess with Blastoise/BKEX, and VirGen a lot.

It's next to useless against Blastoise; they OHKO everything anyway. In a tight space deck such as Plasma, Eviolite doesn't seem worth it at all especially in an extremely Scrapper heavy format (although I think Scrapper's popularity might decline when Silver Mirror decks don't do well but that's besides the point).

How...? G-Booster or BKEX still OHKO you. I guess I could see it letting your EXes survive 2 hits from a Genesect w/out G-Booster, but Silver Mirror lets you take infinite hits from it, and to combat this Genesect will probably run many Tool Scrapper.

G-Booster ignores all effects on the defending Pokemon. Did anyone notice that?

Nope...

Wow, I suck at math, time to go back to pre-school ;-;

How do you think this deck will do against VirGen?

IDK why Virizion/Genesect is like the "beat this or you lose" deck now .-. It really just isn't all that amazing (it's still a good deck, but it's not the overwhelming BDIF by any means lol).

That said, I would probably hand the matchup favor over to Plasma, but it's a close one, especially since a lot of V/G's tend to use Drifblim too. Drifblim probably makes the matchup in favor of V/G. Plasma is MUCH faster, has the ability to OHKO Genesects (which totally kills the deck because they struggle to keep energy on the field), and overall has a lot more options and a lot more to work with. With Drifblim, V/G not only has access to a zero energy attacker, but can take a lot of prizes really quickly with the other Drifblim.

So I run 4 Lasers and two Virbanks in my TDK deck, but now should I cut those and add 3 silver bangles, 1 silver mirror, and two tool scrapers?

If you don't have Tool Scrappers, you absolutely need those. I'm not a huge fan of Mirror in this deck, but I guess you could use it. Honestly, I like Laserbank over Bangle; its just that Bangles save room over Laserbank.

Not to mention Bangle isn't useless against Virizion. With 4/2 LaserBank you have 6 dead cards against Virizion Genesect. With Bangle you have max 3 dead cards against non-EX's, which Kyurem one-shots anyway. IDK I like Bangle more because I'm not a fan of so many dead cards against one of the theoretically more popular decks in the format.

Has anyone considered using Reversal Trigger? I use it, and since this deck usually doesn't play Computer Search, it helps get useful cards out if the deck. I've won a couple games because of it

Hegafire0 said:
Has anyone considered using Reversal Trigger? I use it, and since this deck usually doesn't play Computer Search, it helps get useful cards out if the deck. I've won a couple games because of it

What Ace Spec do you use then? I know a lot of Plasma lists do use Comp. Search.

Reversal Trigger is iffy. You can't stick it and Bangle on something, which can sometimes screw you over, and its even more of a passive tool than Mirror. Mirror doesn't do anything until they would attack the Pokemon its attached to so they can Scrapper it before then; Trigger doesn't do anything until they would KO the Pokemon its attacked to, giving your opponent even more of a chance to Scrapper it before it does anything useful. It also takes up space in the deck that could be devoted to general consistency or whatever, and quite often I want another card now; after my opponent decides to KO a specific Pokemon is too late.

I use Scramble Switch. I think that Reversal Trigger is useful, because with HTL+Virbank, you don't need extra damage, as you already KO anything (excluding BKEX w/ Crystal Wall and Wailord).

People don't usually run Laserbank AND Bangle; its usally one or the other. But how do you have room for Laserbank and Reversal Trigger? I would think you'd have to cut some of the deck's consistency to do that, which isn't worth it.

I can post a list so you can see what's in my version of the deck.

Pokemon-
Thundurus-EX x3
Deoxys-EX x4
Kyurem x2
Lugia-EX x1

Energy-
Blend WLMF x3
Prism x4
Plasma x4
DCE x2

Supporters-
Professor Juniper x4
N x2
Colress x3
Skyla x2
Bianca x2

Stadium-
Virbank City Gym x2

Tools-
Reversal Trigger x2
Float Stone x1

Trainers-
Pokemon Catcher x4
Hypnotoxic Laser x4
Colress Machine x3
Switch x3
Ultra Ball x2
Plasma Ball x2

Ace Spec-
Scramble Switch

This may be a stupid question, but how useful would tossing in 1 Virizion EX, to protect your from Lasers, be?

Sheriff_K said:
This may be a stupid question, but how useful would tossing in 1 Virizion EX, to protect your from Lasers, be?

situational since you would either have to tech in grass or have prisim energy attached. but the bigger issue is the bench space used, between 3-4 Deoxyes, 1 Thunderus and 1-2 Kyerum on your bench to have the proper field support, your gonna be very, very tight on space and then it also makes a prime catcher target. but feel free to test it out and let us know how it fares! :)

What could be a good non-EX non-Team Plasma Pokémon to tech to help counter Silver Mirror, Suicune, and Sigilyph? Or just leave that to tool scrapper?

Momaster12 said:
What could be a good non-EX non-Team Plasma Pokémon to tech to help counter Silver Mirror, Suicune, and Sigilyph? Or just leave that to tool scrapper?
I'd leave it to tool scrapper. The issue with teching other attackers is that if you get a bad hand and have to start with one, or it's prized when you need it. There are always options, but plasma is so great because everything flows. Keldeo is really the only reliable non-plasma tech but you don't want to be attacking with that anyway.

Back