TDK (Thundurus EX / Deoxys EX / Kyurem)

RE: Plasma (Thundurus EX / Deoxys EX with attackers and techs)

SheNinja said:
Meh, the Thundurus engine is just too good. Enhanced Hammer doesn't kill it, 60-100 per turn cycling the energies doesn't help your opponent at all.

Where did you get 60-100?

More like 40-60/70, 100 is max damage output with 4 deoxys, virbank and laser, and that's rarely the case. Plus when you're stuck dealing 50ish dmg/turn,you might be getting hit hard by a darkrai that's hitting 90-30 or more each turn, or a rayquaza for 120-180. Imo a clutch enhanced hammer can heavily setback TDK's setup.

SheNinja said:
Meh, the Thundurus engine is just too good. Enhanced Hammer doesn't kill it, 60-100 per turn cycling the energies doesn't help your opponent at all.

The Thundurus engine does need Special Energy. I don't like spreading my energy counts out too much (heck, the Plasma Energy are starting to annoy me), and since I love Kyurem, I'll probably keep the Special Energy.

I've seen having 1 or 2 Basic Energy in this deck work pretty well. Once you draw into it (if it's lightning), you can stick it onto your Thundurus, and it's energy is safe until it dies, so you don't have to worry about drawing into an energy every turn when getting spammed by Cobalion EX or Sableye.

^
The only deck that runs that is darkrai (sometimes), and even then hammers are flippy.

SheNinja said:
Crushing Hammer^

Keeping your energy 50% of the time is better then 0%. Also, Darkrai really can't fit very many Crushing Hammer in anymore. Unless you cut Absol or Enhanced Hammer, which are both better against Plasma then Crushing Hammer.

Machamp the Champion said:
SheNinja said:
Crushing Hammer^

Keeping your energy 50% of the time is better then 0%. Also, Darkrai really can't fit very many Crushing Hammer in anymore. Unless you cut Absol or Enhanced Hammer, which are both better against Plasma then Crushing Hammer.

Hence the "(sometimes)" I didn't really want to start a discussion on whether or not to have hammers in the TDK forum so I said it like that.

How do people feel about Keldeo vs. Switch in this deck? I play Switch since i won't risk Keldeo being prized, KO'ed, or garbadored. And if my Keldeo is locked down, then my Float Stones only help me when my active have been KO'ed.

Baby_BI said:
How do people feel about Keldeo vs. Switch in this deck? I play Switch since i won't risk Keldeo being prized, KO'ed, or garbadored. And if my Keldeo is locked down, then my Float Stones only help me when my active have been KO'ed.

I play both switch and keldeo float stone in my build.

Now moving to a different issue...

After logging 11 games in 2 Battle Roads in the Masters division this weekend, I advise Plasma Basics players to think of ways of surviving the mirror match especially if you go second. An opponent getting a turn 1 Frost Spear is a big hill to overcome.

I brought almost the same build to both Battle Roads and in the one I went 2-3, I went second 4 times! On the flip side, in the one I went 5-1, I went first in all 3 mirror matches.

Plasma Basics is really popular in the meta. I faced 8 Plasma Basics decks out of my 11 matches. I won all my match-ups vs non-Plasma Basics decks.

I run 1x Keldeo EX, 1x Switch, 1x Scramble Switch, and 2x Float stone. And mirror match is hard to play against. i have played a few and its been tough. I used Keldeo to attack randomly, but in the end, Absol saved me lol. But thundurus is great against a catchered Lugia

I personally don't use Keldeo. I'd rather play more Float Stone since Tool Scrapper is nonexistent.

SheNinja said:
I personally don't use Keldeo. I'd rather play more Float Stone since Tool Scrapper is nonexistent.

Pokemon releases a set comes out with 2 Ace Specs that are game changing, as well as another switch method that's a staple in most decks. Not to mention a tool that makes garbodor decks much better.

But no, you're right tool scrapper is non-existant.

Imo, many darkrai decks should run a copy of tool scrapper. Mine does, and it drastically changes the garbodor matchup, as well as any other matchup with a deck that runs keldeo float stone or even float stone in general. To expect that tool scrapper isn't run in any decks is something that might just cause some losses in the future for you. I would reccomend instead, to prepare for tool scrapper and not make your lists like tool scrapper isn't a legal card.

Tool Scrapper exists that is why some Plasma builds employ 3 Float Stones.

The other decks SHOULD be running Scrapper, but they don't. It's a shame.

Garbodor still exists in the format, and let me give you a list of decks that should be running at least 1 copy of tool scrapper because said pokemon exists.

Rayeels,
Blastoise,
Darkrai,
Klinklang.

Float stone isn't the only reason decks will run tool scrapper, out of the 4 I listed only 1 can do decent without tool scrapper vs. garbodor, and that's darkrai. And even then I like to run a single copy as it drastically changes the matchup, and having the ability to junk hunt for it is great.

Anyway back on topic, what does everyone think on tool scrapper in TDK?
Imo it's not vital, but will definitely be next format.

I'm not running Scrapper currently, but I probably will run 1-2 copies if the time needs it.

dmaster said:
I only have room in my list for one Tool Scrapper (I have no idea what I would even consider cutting for a second one considering I would probably want to up my Supporters first anyway...), and I have to say, it comes through in clutch moments with or without Skyla. Getting rid of Float Stone can potentially be huge as you can try and trap a Keldeo there with Laser and maybe even get a free kill. Getting rid of random Eviolites/Dark Claws are nice too, as well as Garbodor.

I still really like it. It's worth the space even if you're cutting something important IMO.

dmaster out.

I was wondering how a Sigilyph would work in the deck, cant be effected by alot of the primary attackers for decks, but can be OHKO by another sigilyph, mew ex (if copying a move that bypasses abilities), cobalion EX. But i still like the idea of running it. any thoughts? What do you think would be a better card to play Absol (because he is Plasma) or sigilyph just because of the non EX damage?

Sigilyph is a dead card, mostly due to the fact that every metagame deck has a primary non ex attacker. Plasma has Kyurem, Darkrai has Absol, and Blastoise has Blastoise and regular Black Kyurem. Not to mention it would be extremely tedious to get energy onto it because Sigilyph isn't Plasma.

Back