Talkin' Baseball: The MLB Discussion Thread

The Jays are looking to win their seventh game in their last ten tries. After this series with the Giants, however, they have five tough series in a row ahead (three of which are divisional): @ NYY; vs TB; vs BAL; vs ATL; @ ATL.

If the Blue Jays can get through that stretch, then I think they will have figured it out... which is scary because Jose Reyes is still on the DL.

Verlander vs Darvish duel turned to something unexpected. Rangers playing against the Tigers right now in the top of the 9th.

R.A. Dickey tossed his best outing of the season; 8 1/3 scoreless innings in Toronto's 4-0 win over San Francisco. Dickey improves to 5-7 on the season.

The Cardinals improve to 5-2 against the Reds team touted by most to win the NL Central this season with a 9-2 beatdown. The Cards' starting rotation continues to be lights out.

Hot Athletics pass the Rangers for the AL West today 1 game over the Rangers. The Rangers were loosing a lot lately (even 2 where in extra innings and 2 were in the bottom of the ninth) going from the series from the Athletics lost 1-2.

Flys Gone 2071 said:
Hot Athletics pass the Rangers for the AL West today 1 game over the Rangers. The Rangers were loosing a lot lately (even 2 where in extra innings and 2 were in the bottom of the ninth) going from the series from the Athletics lost 1-2.

Dang, didn't even notice that. I knew the Rangers were losing (I get their game broadcasts in my state), but last I remember a couple of weeks ago, they were far above everyone in the AL West.

05f02e0f8c937c237de24376cbddd1cd_large

The A's been winning lots of series since the series against the Rangers (when the Rangers stopped winning).

Rangers - BJ 18 inn
Marlins - Mets 20 inn
Twins - Nats 11 inn

All in 1 day.

Toronto v. Texas and Miami v. NY Mets were both marathon games; the Jays-Rangers game last 18 innings, the Marlins-Mets game lasted 20 innings.

Bad luck Shaun Marcum threw eight innings of one run ball in relief in the Marlins-Mets game and got the loss.

CCloud said:
Bad luck Shaun Marcum threw eight innings of one run ball in relief in the Marlins-Mets game and got the loss.

Yeah, he threw 8 innings of solid ball and gets tacked with the loss. Unfortunate for him.

One day after winning an 18-inning marathon, Toronto lost to Texas 6-4 in a regular 9-inning game; preventing a series sweep for the Jays.

Back