Talkin' Baseball: The MLB Discussion Thread

CCloud said:
Great pitching match-up in Flushing tomorrow: Adam Wainwright vs Matt Harvey.

That's going to be a great pitching duel. Runs will be at a premium for that game.

CCloud said:
Here come the Jays.

Hottest team in baseball and they finally got to .500 for the first time this season.

9 consecutive wins, Toronto is trying for consecutive win #10 against Baltimore.

They win again. That's a tight AL East race. Every team in the division is above .500. No other division can claim that.

They're rather late to the party, but I believe this is what everyone was expecting from Toronto when the season started.

I think they're finally gelling as a cohesive team, and it's starting to show.

SuperHyperKirliafan89 said:
I'll be amazed if all 4 AL East teams gets over 500. by season's end.

Uh, there are 5 teams in the AL East; NY Yankees, Boston, Tampa Bay, Baltimore and Toronto.

It's probably not going to happen probably due to unforeseen circumstances (ie. injuries).

When the teams that were suspected to be at the bottom of the AL East standings, New York and Boston, are competitive in the division, it makes for an interesting stretch later down the line in the season.

Rangers seem to be back on track with beating the A's and the Cards in consecutive series. Lets just see that we don't go into any negative run.

The BJ's are now on the streak and can come to the AL East (even though they are far away) as long as they can keep up. How much will the streak last? How will they do after they finish it?

I'm actually going to be at the Rangers-Cards game tonight. Here's hoping it doesn't get rained out.

Tails said:
SuperHyperKirliafan89 said:
I'll be amazed if all 4 AL East teams gets over 500. by season's end.

Uh, there are 5 teams in the AL East; NY Yankees, Boston, Tampa Bay, Baltimore and Toronto.

It's probably not going to happen probably due to unforeseen circumstances (ie. injuries).

Oops forgot about the Rays.

R.A Dickey had his hands-down best performance in a 3-0 win over Tampa Bay.

A complete game, 2-hitter for Dickey, as the Jays snapped their small 2-game slide after their 11-game winning streak was snapped a few days ago against the Rays.

So, I'm at the Tiger's game tonight. By far the most boring game I've ever been at in a long time. It's more fun watching the fishflies fall from the sky and landing than watching the actual game.

Toronto lost today on a very costly error; 5-4 in Fenway Park. It was the only error the Jays had all game, and it was the one that allowed Boston to walk off with a win.

Homer Bailey threw the first no-hitter of the 2013 season. The last no-hitter before that? Also thrown by Bailey.

CCloud said:
Homer Bailey threw the first no-hitter of the 2013 season. The last no-hitter before that? Also thrown by Bailey.

He had a perfecto going through 6 IP, but walked a batter in the 7th, but still managed to go the rest of the game without allowing a hit.

The Mets were once again participants in a game that went to extra innings (their 10th such game of the season); this time, a 15 inning marathon against the D-Backs, losing 5-4.

The Rangers had the AL West after beating 4 of the best teams of the season but lost it after losing 2 straight to the Mariners at home. It seems like Rangers Ballpark isn't doing good for the Rangers. They also signed Manny Ramirez.

Chris Davis is the leading vote-getter through both leagues and will start in the 2013 All-Star Game

The Final Vote getters for each league (1 from each will be added to their respective league's All-Star team).

American League: Toronto RP Steve Delabar, NY Yankees RP David Robertson, Boston RP Koji Uehara, Texas RP Tanner Scheppers and Detroit RP Joaquin Benoit.

National League: Washington SS Ian Desmond, Atlanta 1B Freddie Freeman, LA Dodgers 1B Adrian Gonzalez, San Francisco OF Hunter Pence and LA Dodgers OF Yasiel Puig.

Back