Talkin' Baseball: The MLB Discussion Thread

CCloud said:
Yu Darvish, pitching a perfect game and down to the final out, yielded a base hit right back up the middle to Marwin Gonzalez to spoil the perfecto. So close yet so far away.
155788_351758928258310_948784433_n.jpg

Well, they still have two of the best power hitters in the game right now and guys like Lind and Arencibia, who can launch 20 homers a year, but I meant that they now have players who can hit for average and be threats on the basepaths.

Jaime Garcia held the D-Backs to one run last night as the Cards nodded up their season record at 1-1. Pitching will be the key question mark for the Cards this season as Chris Carpenter may be out for the year, Wainwright tries to return to Cy Young form, and Shelby Miller tries to establish himself in the rotation.

I can't believe what happened to Yu Darvish! He pitched really good and gave us the first win of the season. Berkman did really well too.

Flygon2071 said:
I can't believe what happened to Yu Darvish! He pitched really good and gave us the first win of the season. Berkman did really well too.

Yeah, it's a shame Darvish lost the perfect game, but I think Houston will be no-hit/perfecto'ed at least once this year.

Dat 16 inning Diamondbacks game. Longest game at Chase nbd.

Those kinds of wins really help my optimism of this team.

dmaster out.

Toronto prevented the sweep at the hands of the Indians today, beating Cleveland 10-8.

The win for Toronto goes to reliever Steve Delabar (1-0) with Casey Janssen picking up the save, his first of the season.

Looks like the Angels are off to a slow start again. Their "big three" hitters hadn't really shown up the whole series against the Reds: Trout 4/15 (.267); Pujols 1/11 (.091); Hamilton 1/12 (.083). For now, the AL West looks up for grabs with the M's and A's splitting a four game series and the Rangers going 2-1 against the Lastros.

I'm a born and raised Chicago Cubs fan. I'll take any condolences you feel like sharing.

But, no, really, we can make the World Series this time. I can smell it.

When they stop starting players like Luis Valbuena, Travis Wood, and Scott Feldman, they can.

Oh, and get rid of Marmol.

Well, Josh Hamilton did not receive a warm return to Arlington when he returned as a member of the opposing team; the Angels.

Texas squeaked out a 3-2 victory over Hamilton and his Angels.

Yeah the O's won 9-5, because of Chris Davis's grand slam. Chris Davis now has 16 RBI through 4 games!!!

Chris Davis has been having a monster year so far. Already setting MLB records, etc.

Chicks do indeed dig the long ball.

dmaster out.

It'll take a while, but Toronto will gel. The thing that will suspect is their pitching rotation. After injuries demoralized and tore the Jays apart; will the injury bug stay away? And; will Buehrle, Josh Johnson and R.A. Dickey get cohesive with Romero and Morrow in the starting rotation?

Only time will tell.

Rangers are doing pretty well considering what happened in the end of last season and that they didn't get much new players while some key players left.

The rotation has being doing pretty well with 2 shoutouts and Holland keeping the Angels with just 1 run (the relievers got 1). Harrison seems to be struggling with the opening day and now (today's game) he got 2 2-run HR's in the first and another run in the second (I'm posting this while the game is 5-0).

Ok Prince Albert is back.

Someone still needs to send a search party for Hamilton's offense (1-19).

Toronto got totally destroyed today against Boston; losing 13-0. 3 HR's coming off the bat of Red Sox Will Middlebrooks.

Ouch.

Dickey did struggle against the AL East last year during inter-league play as a New York Met, so this doesn't come as a surprise to those who think he's over-rated.

Back