Pokemon Spin-Off Sequels

Momaster12

The Temporal Destroyer
I loved Pokémon Conquest. It was probably my favorite Pokémon game since Soul Silver. This game showed that Pokémon spin-offs have great potential. This potential, in the right hands, could lead to a wonderment of awesome spin-off sequels. Pokémon Stadium 3, Pokémon Conquest 2, Pokémon XD 2 (or Colosseum 3), are just a few games that I'd like to see in the future.

So what spin-off sequels would you like to see?
Have any interesting news about development of these sequels?
Which spin-off games were your favorite?

I would personally flip $#!% if another Conquest was on the way.

I'd like to see:

Mystery Dungeon 4
Ranger 4
Pokepark 3
A spiritual sequel to Colosseum/XD
Snap 2

They do have a ranger 3.

Pokemon Ranger

Pokemon ranger: SoA

Pokemon ranger: The one with the signs that nobody really liked.

The Ranger series, next to Dungeons, was never really my favorite. I beat the first Pokémon Ranger game and never looked back at it (I'm not even sure if I still have it). And Dungeons always seemed boring.

I'd like to see a Conquest 2. Conquest was a great game, but by the end, you really didn't have a lot to do with the collection of Pokemon you spent 100 hours accumulating. A random match-up feature would have been marvelous, but plagued by hackers...I think a Conquest 2 could fix that.

I'd also like another Mystery Dungeon...one that actually has difficulty.
...and has more than 150 Pokemon.
...and lets you take on more than 1 mission at a time.
...and has less pop culture references.

Eventually, a game with EVERY Pokémon in it. Where you chose which region you start in, then once you defeat the elite four of one region, you leave your Pokémon in that region and go to a different region. Then start all over in that region. Once You beat all the regions, you can use any of your Pokémon. There would be different sections in the PC. a Hoenn, Sinnoh, Johto, Kanto, Unova, Kalos etc. section or something.

AdamLambert said:
Eventually, a game with EVERY Pokémon in it. Where you chose which region you start in, then once you defeat the elite four of one region, you leave your Pokémon in that region and go to a different region. Then start all over in that region. Once You beat all the regions, you can use any of your Pokémon. There would be different sections in the PC. a Hoenn, Sinnoh, Johto, Kanto, Unova, Kalos etc. section or something.

I could see that in a Colosseum or XD sequel on the Wii U (I really don't think 3DS cartridges can be able to hold all of that awesomeness). This would be my reason to buy a Wii U

I think Conquest 2 should have the characters from Dynasty Warriors, since the first one had the characters from Samurai Warriors.

Blob55 said:
I think Conquest 2 should have the characters from Dynasty Warriors, since the first one had the characters from Samurai Warriors.

And then maybe some different pokemon? (Not that anything was wrong with the ones from the first game :) )

It would be nice if they could somehow make the spin-offs compatible with the main games. It would be nice to literally take my favourite Pokémon I've trained and use them in dungeon/ranger/conquest games.

They definitely need to come out with a new coliseum game. We never even got to use Giratina, Shaymin, or Rotom's alternate forms in 3D.

Snap 2 would definitely be cool. I loved the dungeon games until gates to infinity which sucked in my opinion. Conquest was pretty cool too, so I could see a sequel to that. Ranger wasn't my favorite spin off series, and Pokepark got kinda boring.

I loved the Mystery Dungeon games. Gates to Infinity was awesome on 3DS!
What do you guys think about a Pokemon Colosseum/XD kind of game on 3DS? or do you think it is best to make it for Wii U?

Snap 2, while unlikely, would be terrific. The original was so unique - a Pokemon game where there was no battling, no evil teams, just Pokemon in their natural habitat, doin' what they do. I loved that. It would be harder to pull of with gen 5 Pokemon, being as urban and industrial as they were, but with gens 2-4, they could definitely pull it off. There are so many creative avenues to take with different methods of spotting Pokemon, luring them out, triggering evolution, etc...there could even be an underwater level where your vehicle turns into a kind of submarine (you know you would love this). The character could leave the vehicle at certain levels and go on foot to "capture" Pokemon. It would be so much fun, and have the potential to be a very visually stunning game as well. I would also love to see a Coliseum/Gale of Darkness sequel for the Wii, and a proper Stadium 3 with MINI GAMES. I loved the Stadium 1/2 mini games so much, they were fun to play and freaking adorable. I can't imagine why they stopped including them in the Stadium/Battle Revolution style games. Battling is fun and all, but you need a break once in a while. The main reason why people love Pokemon is the Pokemon themselves - that's what makes the series stand out. More options to interact with your Pokemon outside of the battlefield are always welcome - that's what made the Mystery Dungeon series so much fun, for me at least. Seeing the world from Pokemons point of view - it's awesome!

Geomancer said:
It would be harder to pull of with gen 5 Pokemon, being as urban and industrial as they were, but with gens 2-4, they could definitely pull it off.

Most urban Pokemon can be found in some sort of natural environment, I see no problem.

Geomancer said:
There are so many creative avenues to take with different methods of spotting Pokemon, luring them out, triggering evolution, etc...there could even be an underwater level where your vehicle turns into a kind of submarine (you know you would love this). The character could leave the vehicle at certain levels and go on foot to "capture" Pokemon. It would be so much fun, and have the potential to be a very visually stunning game as well.

This is an awesome idea, right here.

Geomancer said:
I would also love to see a Coliseum/Gale of Darkness sequel for the Wii, and a proper Stadium 3 with MINI GAMES. I loved the Stadium 1/2 mini games so much, they were fun to play and freaking adorable. I can't imagine why they stopped including them in the Stadium/Battle Revolution style games. Battling is fun and all, but you need a break once in a while.

The mini games are neat, but they don't really add much to those games. It's not enough to make Stadium style worth bringing back.

I think it would be better to keep mini games to the Pokepark series.

Back