Something in school you hated doing and it felt like everyone else loved?

omahanime said:
Class parties.

Hey, who can argue with free food? Unless of course they have drugs infused.

In my first 1/2 year of high school I haven't really had any problems, except for the occassional large masses of homework.

Bob The Magical Penguin said:
omahanime said:
Class parties.

Hey, who can argue with free food? Unless of course they have drugs infused.

In my first 1/2 year of high school I haven't really had any problems, except for the occassional large masses of homework.

Our class parties don't have free food. We pay for our own catering. Schools here are pretty much cheapskates (well highschool)

Soccer. Everyone seemed to like it,but it made me feel sick.
Luckily, preferences have now changed to basketball, so I've gotten over my trouble.

Community Service.

Go die in a hole you stupid kids,

I hated the English teacher. Everybody else does too.

I hated it when they'd announce your birthday right during lunch. Embarrassing for the person who got it, everybody else loves it except when it's their birthdays. :p

I hated the fact that they stopped buying cheese for the salad bar (was pretty addicted to it until they took it away ;_; ). Everybody's okay with this, but not for me. Fact is, I don't like the taste of milk and pretty much anything else dairy except for the cheese in the salad bar. Great, now I know I'm going to die with my bones broken just because I was picky. XD

NOOOOO! Peanut butter swirl is forever alone ;-;

anyways, I feel like I'm the only one who genuine hates Literature in my family.... (I say family because I'm homeschooled and don't have a class)

The Pikachu Mafia said:
anyways, I feel like I'm the only one who genuine hates Literature in my family.... (I say family because I'm homeschooled and don't have a class)

I hated it, too, but recently I realized the reason I hated it was because they push "classic" literature on you so much. I probably would've enjoyed it more if they taught the concepts using material that's more entertaining and culturally relevant, like movies or TV shows. I also didn't like that English classes (especially in high school) emphasise it over more important skills like writing, I never got a decent writing skills lesson until my first year of college. Because apparently knowing the meaning of every word written in Hamlet is way more important than learning to express your thoughts in a clear and logical manner.

Bolt the Cat said:
The Pikachu Mafia said:

I hated it, too, but recently I realized the reason I hated it was because they push "classic" literature on you so much.

Yes that's exactly how I feel about it :|

I find it really hard to concentrate when they write in verse or when I'm reading an Epic or other classical materials like that. More often than not I end up falling asleep when attempting to pay attention :p

You should see Literature lessons here in Greece. I love books, but I just hate these lessons. Actually, everybody does, so I can't really put it here :D.
Hmm... how about laughing at everything for no reason, just to do so? Everybody seems to think that making fun of everything is 'omg so kewl'.

Bolt the Cat said:
Pretty much the fact that it's essentially an almost mandatory waste of 20+ years of your life if you want to make a living, let alone be successful. Seriously, how do you bring yourself to waste your entire day studying, especially in college when there's loads more interesting stuff going on? Because I'd like to know that magic recipe for actually caring about this useless bullshit so I can stop failing classes.

This sounds almost like a personal problem to me? What else are you supposed to do for 20 years? Sit around and goof off?

People going to gyms. I personnally don t understand why spend 6 hours per week to prevent getting beat up by a random dude on the street once in, say 5 years. People (mostly guys) are so into that...

Yes and being fit and having a healthy body and being self confident if terrible.

Going to the gym is not to prevent being beat up.

Zeto said:
People going to gyms. I personnally don t understand why spend 6 hours per week to prevent getting beat up by a random dude on the street once in, say 5 years. People (mostly guys) are so into that...

You have a horrible view on why people go to the gym. :/

My wife goes to the gym to stay healthy and be in great shape. She runs a LOT more than i do, and i run 3miles pretty much every day!

Going to the gym promotes great health and energy. It brings self confidence too! Not arrogance, but confidence which is what is needed in pretty much every single job out there.

Id hit the gym, even if its just to run on a treadmill or use an elliptical.

Bolt the Cat said:
DNA said:
See, this is why I like college. You have a lot more freedom to do what you like doing.

Meh, it doesn't really help if you don't like doing anything.

Id look into this further. It sounds like either
A) You havent found anything you like to do
B) You should probably gain some confidence in yourself
C) You have a chemical imbalance (not being rude. sometimes people just dont have control)

Id look into this further. It sounds like either
A) You havent found anything you like to do
B) You should probably gain some confidence in yourself
C) You have a chemical imbalance (not being rude. sometimes people just dont have control)

I don't think this is true at all. In fact I think it's rare in our society for people to have occupations that they truly enjoy. By him saying he doesn't like anything, that doesn't mean he's a cataclysmic void of all things jolly. It likely means that there is not a field to his knowledge that strongly motivates him. In that case, he is among the majority, not the minority.

My recommendation to him would be to experiment with internships and volunteer opportunities, in order to find an occupation which while apart of, he will be naturally driven.

You probably misread what i wrote. Those were options. I was not saying he is showing signs of all of those combined.

So what you wrote, would fall under my option 'A'.

Back