Rowlet, Litten, Popplio from the Alola Region!

The Bat thing looks like a bit like it's going to be a mega Noivern, just like the lion is a Mega Pyroar.
This could be a link to Sun and Moon Being just like Gold and Silver, but with the Kalos region.

P.S.
I am definitely going for Rowlet. Popplio looks cute to do.

So Marx is a Pokemon now. That's nice.

I thought the exact same thing!

I think these are really cute starters and overall I'm liking them more than Gen 5 and 6. I'll always wait to see the final evolutions before making my choice but based off of the first stages alone, Rowlet has got to be one of the cutest Pokemon I've ever seen. I love his 180 degree head turn! So he's definitely my favourite right now but both Litten and Popplio are adorable too.

Alola looks beautiful and I'm really excited to explore a tropical land, it'll make a nice change to what we're used to. The overworld animation looks great. And yeeeessss for more in-depth character customisation please! Very cool to see the different skin tones, I just hope the level of customisation will have been enhanced from XY.

As for the legendaries... I'm not mad about either of them but the Sun Lion looks a lot less... awkward? I don't know why but something about the Moon legendary seems creepy and repellent to me. Maybe it will grow on me.

It's annoying that Europe has to wait an extra 5 days but ugh, we'll survive! (just, only just)

You know, this first spoiler makes me wonder how many people that promised themselves to not see any spoilers have broken their promise :p

I haven't mentioned my thoughts on the legendary Pokemon yet, so here it is: TEAM MOON ALL THE WAY! The lion looks epic but that cosmic bat is really interesting and makes me want to know what is the story behind it more.

'Lunaala' at first I did not like (Solgaleo even less, Pyroar digievolution !!), but the fan arts fix everything. <3

6k1gn4R.jpg

Hum...I'm interested enough to come out of my slumber.

As a Grass trainer and a lover of owls, I'll no doubt choose...Rowlet (as usual I'll take some time to decorate the names). I think the starters are simple yet nice with the exception of the Water starter which not only seems like a Water Mime Jr. but with Oshawott's (anime) silliness. I like Rowlet's colours and the leaf bowtie.

If I buy this game, I'll probably go with Moon because of the theme and Legendary. I'm curious to see the game exclusives in story and Pokémon.

As for the region, it's seems like Hoenn v2 with all the exotic and lush stuff and I hope it doesn't end with a crappy digital artwork with squared limits/borders. I think things would go better if we hadn't ASOR remakes with a similar type of region.
Also, having more highways with so few cars seems like a waste of space and game design.

Well, I'm eating my words right now. This trailer is so pleasing. It feels like a NEW Pokemon game. It looks beautiful. I'm actually excited.

Anyways, I'm going to just ramble on about my thoughts here.

-I expected I was going to get Moon version and I am. Lunaala is amazing. I like Solgaleo as well(Not to mention the ENTIRE UNIVERSE in it's face), but Lunaala just has a more creative design. As or types, Solgaleo should be Fire/Something. Maybe even Psychic? Lunaala seems to be Psychic/Dark/Ghost/Fairy along with Flying. Maybe even Ice or Water?

-I love all the starters. Even Popplio. I want to use all of them. To know what I will be picking, I'm going to wait for the final evolutions to be revealed. I'm leaning on Litten so far, though. It's design really appeals to me. Rowlet was a pleasant surprise to see. It completes the starter bird trio. Which are all dual types. Coincidence? I think not. Birds are just that cool. Popplio looks like Sealeo and Mr Mime had a baby. It's literally Mime Jr with a seal put on it. And, I'm okay with that. Watch Popplio have the coolest looking final evo. Just watch.

-I like the region so far. It looks really interesting, I like the city, and did anyone else notice the way the camera was pointed, and the way it doesn't look tile-based? For once I'm okay with it. Any new ideas are fine with me, even if I'm a bit biased towards Generation 4 and 5.

-Notice how the people all look like they aren't sized-down sprites. I really like this touch. Gen 6 should have done this. The scrunched up people are fine for the older games since it's more reminiscent of older RPGs from the time, in aesthetics, but now that they transitioned to 3D, the scrunched people looked a bit awkward. This new style looks perfect.

-I like our new Professor(s). Kukui seems really chill. And he is now keeping up the trend of having attractive male professors.
And yes, there's already fanart.
The old guy(Cedric Juniper 2.0) looks like Birch and Wattson combined. He looks chill too. I like this.

-I like that there's more hair/skin tones you can pick. Good job with the diversity Pokemon. Even better than X and Y(But we can all agree everything is better than X and Y. ;))
I guess that also means character customization? I just hope I don't have to pay 200,000 Poke-Yen..? to buy a coat that looks cute on my character.

Overall, this looks amazing. I think they can pull it off. All we have to do is wait.
Also, please more than 100 new Pokemon. I don't care how many it gets to, The world has so many animal species, why not Pokemon? Plus, I actually like completing the Pokedex. It makes the experience feel more...fulfilling. I remember completing the gen 6 Pokedex last year(before ORAS corrupted on me...), and it was one of the most memorable experiences I had. Even better was when I finally got all the games to finish my Unova dex last month. It's just...really nice.

Also, that Japanese trailer was one of the most adorable and touching things I've watched in a while.

Anyways, those are my many, many thoughts on the subject. Yes, I'm finally done. :p

Last edited:
(...)My only issue-doesn't Alola look a bit...small? Maybe there's more to it than the map we've seen said:
I had the same feeling about it! I just hope they go with a Sevii gameplay but with the possibility of surfing between islands and keeping the beauty of diving and soaring (with every single Pokémon that learns Fly).

Alola looks a bit small right now, but remember. These are only quick screenshots. There will most likely be more islands to hop to; making this a region where Surf is mandatory.

Probably until the ability to Surf is unlocked, there may be a boat form of transportation. That should hopefully stay for those who don't want to Surf or Fly from island to island.

The main island shown from the first in-game screenshots looks to have multiple cities on it; or it could just be the starting city just being really big.

I love all three of the starters! I have no idea which one to choose, though. :/ I've never chosen a Grass starter first, Litten looks awesome aesthetically, and Popplio reminds me of Oshawott, which I chose for my first run in Black & White.

As for the Legendaries? I like both! Again, I'm not sure which one I should choose... Even though I'm getting both.

Edit: I think these are the first starters that will actually start the game with a move of their correct elemental type.

Actually, no. X/Y did this as well.

If Rowlet is going to be a Grass/Flying pokemon final evo, and Popplio takes the natural progression to Water/Ice, then that means to have a complete cycle for the secondary typings Litten would have to be Fire/Fighting :X

I'm curious why people want all starters to have a secondary type triangle. IMO the starters don't need to have a relation to each other besides just being starters.

Also, please no Fire/Fighting.

I'd rather have Litten be Fire/Dark or Fire/Poison and Popplio Water, Water/Ice, or Water/Fairy.

I just hope they stop giving the starters Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent. I really doubt it, but those abilities make practically every starter each gen useless. The only good ones are those with HAs or with mega evolution, which isn't a good answer to making a Pokemon good, and those Pokemon DON'T have the base ability of Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent as well.

I don't think they should remove it, if anything they should buff Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent to 50% of HP or when the HP bar is at yellow.

It's somewhat implied that Sun and Moon are supposed to be Gen VII, and there's no stated word anywhere that Gen VII (if these new games are Gen VII) won't possibly go back to Kalos with the sequel to X/Y.

These are Generation 7 games. Aside from listing the games with Red & Blue, Gold & Silver, Ruby & Sapphire, Diamond & Pearl, Black & White, and X & Y, they've called the games the next generation/era of Pokemon. The starters and mascots (as well as everything else in the trailer) make it more obvious tbh.

Ugh, after those wonderful logos, these designs are like a punch at the solar plexus; they just took away all my enthusiasm in one fell swoop.

Seriously, those starters are simply horrid; they look like fakemon, and not good ones; and don't get me started on SaberLeomon and Skeletor Gligar; I had such high hopes for moon in particular, after Cresselia.

Eh... To be fair, every Pokemon looks like a fakemon if you haven't seen it enough.

I'm curious why people want all starters to have a secondary type triangle. IMO the starters don't need to have a relation to each other besides just being starters.

Also, please no Fire/Fighting.

I'd rather have Litten be Fire/Dark or Fire/Poison and Popplio Water, Water/Ice, or Water/Fairy.

I cant speak for the people who want ALL starters to have a secondary type triangle (not sure if you are referring to people from this thread..) but secondary type triangle is something that happened in XY so i figured they might try it again. I also wouldnt like if they made Litten Fire/Fighting, that would be a total mess, which is why i thought it would be funny to bring up

Anyways, I am excited to see what their final evolutions are! I realised we havent seen a "cute" final evolution since Meganium, so Im especially excited to see how Popplio turns out

Last edited:
Starter typing and stat predictions:

Rowlet stays Grass/Flying. Emphasizes in Attack (its powerful kicks) and Speed (can attack without making a sound).

Litten goes Fire/Poison (it has the symbol for sulfur on its head; has oily fur). Specializes in Special Attack (because Fire type) and one of the defenses

Popplio goes Water/Fairy (its a clown and is supposed to be fun and goofy). Highest stats are HP and whichever defense Litten 3 doesn't specialize in.

Ugh people were so sure that XY starters would have a secondary type triangle that would balance them out but it ended up being the complete opposite. Asking for that over and over again makes me cringe the same way as when people keep stretching Fire starter species to fit the chinese zodiac.

On topic: I'm really torn between blinding myself from all these spoilers or keeping up with the news to be sure these games are worth buying >_>

You know, this first spoiler makes me wonder how many people that promised themselves to not see any spoilers have broken their promise :p

I'm the one who promise myself not to get any spoiler since SunMoon announce on 26 feb . But we don't get official release date at that time . So i just stick to internet with full cautious .

When Masuda said on twitter the big news and the real 1st information about SunMoon will reveal on 10th May . I'm pretty sure that Starter Pokemon and Mascot Legendary will make 1st debut to the world . I'm so sure that official release date gonna be announce too . All i want to know is official release date .

How can i avoid spoiler and get release date ? So i just ....
1) Open Google Chrome.
2) Click on “Content Settings”
3) Under “Images”, select the radio button which says “Do not show images” .
Now the "Disable images in Google Chrome" is DONE . HA HA HA . I'm also close javascript so any video and clip can't spoil me .

So now all i can read and see is just words and text . I still a spoiler free from picture and trailer . But i just broke my promise a little by reading all the words and comment .

About the owl - Some said Rowlet is really cute . Some said the design don't look put too much effort . Some said it has a grass bowie . Some said it's tail is a leaf . It's look like everybody love this owl .

About the sea lion - Some said it's look like Cubchoo + Seel , Some said it's look like Mr.mime + Seal ,Some said it's a clown . Some people hate this design , Some people love this design .

I'm reading all comment and it's really torture me . It's killing me . I'm really curious . I'm really want to know how exactly the Starter Pokemon look like . I even want to turn-off the Disable Image setting . But i know that i can " HOLD ON " . And it must worth the wait . Only 190 days left . I still can holding on .

It's time to say good bye to all Pokemon website,All of social media that can spoil me . Until 18 November 2016 . Bye see you again next time after i end the game .

On topic: I'm really torn between blinding myself from all these spoilers or keeping up with the news to be sure these games are worth buying >_>

Hah, I wish I had that option. Since I work on the news team here, I unfortunately can't keep myself away from spoilers. I would be totally happy if the news we have now was the only news I had before going into the game, since I know I'm going to be buying Moon no matter what. I do miss the days of going into games blind.

I feel really bad for Europe I wish they could all get the games the same day everyone else does. Nintendo you can't punish them foreva.

Just came to drop by again.

I took some thought with my original speculation about Litten hopefully being a Fire/Rock Pokémon, but after seeing comments about the alchemy symbol also referring to Brimstone, as in its hellish representations, I'm starting to feel alright with a possible Fire/Dark type as many people speculate. I came to this conclusion because I remembered that tigers in nature are natural ambush predators, which can fit pretty good with the Dark type symbolism. Furthermore, Tigers, if Litten becomes one at all, are also solitary by nature, which goes well with Litten's personality of not showing its emotions. Adding to this, they're lone hunters and are thought to hunt the most during the night, again a reference to the Dark-type. Combined with the common brimstone associations to hell, as well the reference to the volcanic substance of the same name, I can imagine a Fire/Dark type evo in the vein of being a black volcanic tiger whose black fur could reference to obsidian - black glass made of cooled hardened lava/magma.

In short, I have realized that if Litten does evolve into a Fire/Dark type, it can still keep its volcanic theme without being a obvious Fire/Rock type. After all, in most fiction, Hell often gets pictured with volcanoes as well. With that said, consider me a supporter for the Fire/Dark type too, but this doesn't mean I'm straying off my original speculation of Fire/Rock. In other words, I will be cool with either Fire/Rock or Fire/Dark.

timba_the_lava_tiger_by_azany-d9mub89.jpg

Last edited:
-I like our new Professor(s). Kukui seems really chill. And he is now keeping up the trend of having attractive male professors.
And yes, there's already fanart.

Oh god you're right. I was browsing tumblr for Sun and Moon and one of the first things that greeted me was a drawing of him all buffed up with hearts around and everything. To think this is all just from a 2 minute trailer....

What can I say, I am hyped! I loved the Legendaries and the starters and I love the region! I can't wait to see what the starters evolve into. I like all 3 of the starters but the one I like the most and am picking is Litten. I have never been so hyped before. I was hyped over gen 5 and 6 but this gen blows them out of the water.

Back